• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Sun/Moon (3DS) has Chinese support, New Era/New World, coming Holiday 2016

So glad it's just 3DS and not n3DS exclusive or NX.

Also seals the deal in getting Yellow. Going to get all the starters and send them to Sun.

Neol

Bit sad it was leaked but still hyped though.

Looking forward to the next months of Pokemon leaks and speculation.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
The "all the gens come into this game" is the one that makes me wonder if it is Gen 7 though.

"We're" only disappointed because the name and logo leaked, keep that in mind people. Most people were expecting nothing prior when we found out that it would only be 5 mins long. Very excited, Pokemon is always a drip feed of info, nothing new.

Yup.

no it would have been disappointing without the leak
"new games ok"
we don't even know what it is, this is a terrible reveal

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Looks like the game is being developed in a way where it probably will look solid as well on other devices in higher resolution.

So yeah NX version confirmed.

MK_768

what a waste of everyone's time. they honestly made a direct just to show the logo. Hell, I'm still confused on what sun and moon actually are. is it an anniversary game or is it a new gen? TPC continues to disappoint.

This overreaction hurts my brain.

Clearly the leak really made the video pointless. Oh well. I'm guessing we'll find out more in May or E3.

Just as long as they lose all the "we're all friends and love each other and friendship" bullshit from X and Y. That put me off of the game massively and I rushed to finish it because of how cheesy, dated and manufactured it felt.

DrProfBitseys

Neo Member
I would guess they updated the ev and iv systems to match current gen? Makes the most sense and has little impact on anyone playing for nostalgia's sake.

This tweet from the Pokemon Twitter basically confirms its a new gen and not some garbage Kalos game imo

https://twitter.com/pokemon/status/703234039440760832

hrSvfl3.jpg

Ugh, nothing about Go. Gen 7 stranded on old hardware when the portable NX is launching at the same damn time. The fuck, Nintendo? This is why your hardware launches are fucking duds. Sun/Moon should have been the premiere NX launch titles. What the fuck are you doing?

Nintendo doesn't own Pokemon, GF doesn't have to push a new handheld when they have a healthy audience ready to go.

Red Devil

"Here, we have an amazing new set of Pokemon games coming later this year. And even though we decided to put together and announce this dedicated stream, we're deciding not to tell you anything at all about the games."

Except that's a lie, because they NEVER SAID THEY WERE ANNOUNCING NEW GAMES BEFOREHAND.

hupla

man pretty weird how they didnt Announce the 3rd X/y game even thought 5 different posters on here kept shitting up threads about how its was 100% going to happen because of some arbitrary rules they made up themselves. Maybe after this and R/B/Y being on the VC those posters will learn not to assume they know everything

Lol I'm laughing my ass off XD they had so little to announce, and the one big thing got leaked XD

So bad lol! Why did they even a livestream?!

Griss

The title cards alone would have been amazing... if they hadn't been leaked 24 hours previously.

No. You don't just say 'there's a new game coming' and leave fans without any idea of what it is.

Even the classic '30 second teaser trailer with roughly 5 seconds of actual footage and 25 seconds of title cards' would have been far better.

man pretty weird how they didnt Announce the 3rd X/y game even thought 5 different posters on here kept shitting up threads about how its was 100% going to happen because of some arbitrary rules they made up themselves. Maybe after this and R/B/Y being on the VC those posters will learn not to assume they know everything

This should be highlighted, as always. The patterns mean nothing.

javac

I was expecting a new game announcement before the leak, so I would have been a bit disappointed regardless

Sure, I was too, I was never deterred by the 5 mins but I'm still satisfied regardless, the journey from now until launch and beyond will be fun :) New Pokemon game, always a fun ride filled with many magazine scans, fakes and 4chan rumors galore, good times.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Yup, definitely think the Region this time is based on Hawaii since we can see a palm tree.

Fits with the Hiker in XY teasing an "upside down waterfall", since Hawaii has one of those.

And isn't that model just Fletchling?

Hey everyone, remember when I was called "pessimistic to the point of insanity" in the last thread for thinking people were expecting way too much and that we wouldn't get a game reveal? I said it was most likely they would regurgitate info on either RBY VC or Pokken Tournament.

I was called insane, pessimistic, and told I was being stupid. A 5 minute direct the day before those titles released wasn't enough of a hint. I said I didn't expect them to announce a new game, but later admitted that if they did, we weren't going to see it.

We got a RBY VC focused direct, that didn't actually show the new game, with the only real new news of any worth being Pokemon Bank support for the VC titles (excellent).

And now there are upset people who expected too much. I'll eat a small portion of crow for the game logo announcement, but I think ya'll need to learn to temper your expectations now. Can't wait for the next thread when I get called a lunatic again.

Kyzer

Banned
Hmm...it is kind of peculiar they didn't show anything...it comes out in less than a year. Nx support?

Hey everyone, remember when I was called "pessimistic to the point of insanity" in the last thread for thinking people were expecting way too much and that we wouldn't get a game reveal? I said it was most likely they would regurgitate info on either RBY VC or Pokken Tournament.

I was called insane, pessimistic, and told I was being stupid. A 5 minute direct the day before those titles released wasn't enough of a hint. I said I didn't expect them to announce a new game, but later admitted that if they did, we weren't going to see it.

We got a RBY VC focused direct, that didn't actually show the new game, with the only real new news of any worth being Pokemon Bank support for the VC titles (excellent).

And now there are upset people who expected too much. I'll eat a small portion of crow for the game logo announcement, but I think ya'll need to learn to temper your expectations now. Can't wait for the next thread when I get called a lunatic again.

You were wrong though.? Lol

Hydrus

I'm calling it now: It will be for NEW 3ds and NX only. This is there way of not pissing off a bunch of regular 3ds/ 2ds owners like myself.

If they are skipping the third games (Z, etc), I hope they do the same with this one. Getting a third game on the 3DS years from now will be shitty, like it was with B2/W2.

Escalario

Banned
So yeah, they spend 4 minutes on a shitty trailer with old gens and 1 on showing literally nothing of Moon/Sun. Toppest of the kekkest.

iFirez

That bird looks a lot like Fletchling... just sayin'.

Love the look of the new architecture though, getting real 'beach side resort' sort of feel.

Top Bottom