• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Sun/Moon (3DS) has Chinese support, New Era/New World, coming Holiday 2016

zeromcd73

First generation I'm not buying.

3DS went on ebay yesterday because of its absolute garbage hardware. Will wait for my Pokemon experience on Nintendo's next console

Ansatz

This announcement felt directed at investors, and that they're not ready to show the game yet for some reason. Maybe they don't want to take away hype from the gen 1 re-releases. It's also possible they didn't show anything because it's an NX launch game or at least cross-gen with NX.

Kinsei

Banned
Why not show footage if a game coming out this year? Could this be the first main series Pokemon game to be available as a launch title?

Quonny

Said it in the other thread, but there was nothing revealed here that couldn't be explaining in a single paragraph in an email.

Directs are such an awesome idea, yet it seems this one completely missed the mark.

Lucario

So... There's no EV cap in R/B/Y, right? So does this mean we'll be able to transfer completely overpowered pokemon to the new series of games?

Also, what happens if we try to transfer a Missingno?

Really hoping they don't patch out the glitches and/or patch in an EV cap...

I choose you Drunk Cat!
FR9mTw2.gif

What the FUCK.

Coming 2016 and they can't show so much as a measly screenshot? Why even announce anything at all. What was the point of this Direct? I'm mad.

"We're" only disappointed because the name and logo leaked, keep that in mind people. Most people were expecting nothing prior when we found out that it would only be 5 mins long. Very excited, Pokemon is always a drip feed of info, nothing new.

Yup.

I was expecting a new game announcement before the leak, so I would have been a bit disappointed regardless

Hikami

Expected it but still disappointing that it's on 3DS. The game better be really good to make me still care about my 3DS in late 2016.

And wasted on the 3DS. Game Freak couldn't have waited until the NX Platform to do Gen 7, could they.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure the games will be great. I just wish they just wrapped up Gen 6 on the 3DS & wait for the NX Platform for Gen 7.

Any console would have been a waste with GF anyway

To be fair GAF, we would be a lot more interested if we didn't know about the leak yesterday, even with no footage. We knew about their big announcement, so of course we are all like "wow nothing."

Illucio

Banned
Hmhmm.. No starter or Legendary reveals, no hype whatsoever. I'm actually upset they chose to not show anything new off. I guess that's for E3.

Aside from ZERO footage, we learned that gen I pokemon can finally be transferred to a new gen, so I guess we got SOME new information out of that otherwise worthless direct.

Pineapple

"Here, we have an amazing new set of Pokemon games coming later this year. And even though we decided to put together and announce this dedicated stream, we're deciding not to tell you anything at all about the games."

For a game that is only 10 months away tops... it is a little weird they didn't show anything... Still going to think we may be seeing an NX version and they are holding off to show that since it'll be shinier.

Red Devil

And wasted on the 3DS. Game Freak couldn't have waited until the NX Platform to do Gen 7, could they.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure the games will be great. I just wish they just wrapped up Gen 6 on the 3DS & wait for the NX Platform for Gen 7.

That wasn't a big surprise it was kind of obvious it was going to be on 3DS...

rhandino

Banned
Some of you are starting to do the mosT, the announcement got leaked so of course most of you couldn't get hype since you all knew what it is coming.

Top Bottom