• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nioh Walk Through (TGS 2015)

Whompa02

One of my most anticipated games. Not that it will be like some earth shattering achievement in gaming, but it just looks fun and challenging.

The boss at the end has a very cool effect going on around him.

Combat also seems very responsive.

Kudo

Holy smokes it looks good!
Lot better than I expected and this is alpha footage so, containing my hype will be hard.

zeromcd73

4x weapon slots, 5 armour slots, 2 accessory slots, 3 shortcut slots, 3 guardian spirit slots. Gonna be so much gear to loot and hunt!

I love how accurate the animations are for the various sword techniques of the era. Like when he places his second hand at the end of the hilt for a power stance.

FelipeMGM

Yep, it does have some Souls influence over there.

Game looks great, but I would like to see some new areas on next trailers, its all very similar from the footage we have to date. And level design variety is something that From Software nails it on Souls games and for me its crucial for its success. But hey, game looks really fun so far, congrats Team Ninja

Sesha

I hope this does well so Capcom will kick themselves for not reviving Onimusha.

Anyhoo, they need to do something with his walk and run animations, because they look incredibly stiff.

That looks absolutely AMAZING. I can't wait to get my hands on it, and hopefully the story is told in a different way than Dark Souls, I'd love to get into this world and kills those Oni.

Jarnet87

Why is the main character Geralt in Samurai armor. Looks like a Dark Souls clone with an Onimusha skin. Not doing it for me at the moment, need to see more of it.

wapplew

4 different weapon stands, combat seems very deep.
Any chance of weapon other than samurai sword like Spear or claw?

Kyoufu

Why is the main character Geralt in Samurai armor. Looks like a Dark Souls clone with an Onimusha skin. Not doing it for me at the moment, need to see more of it.

Did you know that characters wielding blades in 3rd person action games were a thing before Dark Souls?

jett

D-Member
I really love the look of this thing, and their twist on the Souls formula. I love the idea of switching between sword positions as a game mechanic.

dancmc

The Dark Souls'esque combat seems very appropriate for a Samurai type setting. Looks very interesting....need to see a little more of the environment types and I could be sold

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...

EXACTLY what I want from this.
Bring on the Soulimusha.

I'm really excited to play Nioh (whenever it's released), doubly so after watching this walk through. Looks fantastic, in my opinon.

Jarnet87

Did you know that characters wielding blades in 3rd person action games were a thing before Dark Souls?

Perhaps you missed my mention of Onimusha. I called it a Dark Souls clone because of it's slower looking combat. It's menus looking very similar. The user interface. The sword sticking out of the ground working like a bonfire lol. Doesn't mean it's bad, just that it is heavily inspired by the Souls games to the point that it looks like a copy for me.

HonMirin

This looks great, been waiting for an Onimusha for years, and Capcom seem to be against dipping into their back catalogue these days... So well done Team Ninja, doing well so far!

Jaeger

Perhaps you missed my mention of Onimusha. I called it a Dark Souls clone because of it's slower looking combat. It's menus looking very similar. The user interface. The sword sticking out of the ground working like a bonfire lol. Doesn't mean it's bad, just that it is heavily inspired by the Souls games to the point that it looks like a copy for me.

Well, it's setting is totally different. Not to mention all the subtle differences I could list out. So no, it's not a copy. Inspired by, yes. But not a copy.

wapplew

I hope the bow is the same.

MDzrZHs.gif

slade

Hopefully, the combat depth is a bit better then Souls gameplay. I want more combos that actually encourage an offensive style rather then the 'avoid, avoid...quick, go for that opening' style of Souls gameplay.

The samurai game I've been waiting for YEARS. Bring it on :D

Now, if only Ninjas were cool again...

Yeah, looks like the usual Pc/Ps4 combo!

Looks really good, hopefully they will target 60fps on console.

It's been announced to be 1080p60fps if I'm not mistaken, so hell yeah!

Ashtar

Looks great, I keep forgetting about this game but whenever I'm reminded it shoots back up my anticipated list

squall23

I hope this does well so Capcom will kick themselves for not reviving Onimusha.

Anyhoo, they need to do something with his walk and run animations, because they look incredibly stiff.
I mean, I wouldn't want a new Onimusha that had Souls inspiration. I'd want a wacky story with relatively over the top action as before.

Top Bottom