• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nioh Walk Through (TGS 2015)

MightyKAC

This game is gonna scratch an itch I've had for like a decade.

And incidentally, I hope it sells a ridiculous amount of copies so that Capcom can realize how fucking stupid they were to let the Onimusha franchise die out like they did.

Edit: Hmm seems like I'm not the only one who thinks this...

Elandyll

Banned
I'll probably be roasted for this a bit, but I admit I am looking forward to this more than Dark Souls III for some reason...
Having never played a DS game is probably part of this, but I did love Bloodborne and it has that vibe also mixed with some DMC and classic Jubei Ninpucho (Ninja Scroll) feel...

Kaako

Felium Defensor
I'll probably be roasted for this a bit, but I admit I am looking forward to this more than Dark Souls III for some reason...
Having never played a DS game is probably part of this, but I did love Bloodborne and it has that vibe also mixed with some DMC and classic Jubei Ninpucho (Ninja Scroll) feel...
You and me both. This is coming who freaking LOVED every second of Bloodborne but just not as hyped for DSIII. This game is filling that Onimusha/Ninja Gaiden void for me which is huge cause I love those type of games.

Art style wise, I really really dig the ink effects they use during boss/demon fights. Looks sick as hell. Everything about this game looks sick as hell to me. Can't wait!

ironcreed

Banned

What ever works for you. It is one of my most anticipated for sure, but no way can I put it above the last Dark Souls. Also, the best looking one yet.

If you loved Bloodborne, then you absolutely have to play at least Dark Souls 1. Demon's Souls as well.

Looks pretty linear. Not expecting labyrinthine level design from Koei-Techmo. But damn that combat looks sweet with the four stances, magic, high punishment and emphasis on smart spacing. Also that's one nice UI, I've got to say, definite improvement over souls UI in both intrusiveness and flavor.

Kinyou

Really like the whole Samurai setting. Overall I'm still a bit cautious though because afaik does Team Ninja have not a lot of experience with this type of game and I'm still burned from Ninja Gaiden 3. Did they perhaps hire new talent for this?

butman

Looks gorgeous!

Hope they fix the MC running animation. It looks like he's desperately looking for a bathroom.

Really like the whole Samurai setting. Overall I'm still a bit cautious though because afaik does Team Ninja have not a lot of experience with this type of game and I'm still burned from Ninja Gaiden 3. Did they perhaps hire new talent for this?

Team Ninja doesn't have experience with action games, what?

HYDE

Banned
Build was probably older than TGS too. Really interested in what it'll look like at E3.

I imagine glorious, since Team Ninja kick butt in the graphics department. I am however hoping for a new logo...sick of the outdated (graphically) Team Ninja opening scene with ocean, clouds, etc.

delSai

tgs is more likely
i can't help but feel the this year Sony's E3 will be bigger than last year

I can see 'em showing a trailer at E3, it was shown at PSX as well, i think Sony knows that Nioh might be big and want to push it or something like this.
And i dont have a good feeling about Sonys E3 this year, but this is not the time to talk about this lol

Kysen

Why are people calling this Souls like? When the game is basically Ninja Gaiden right down to the same sound effects used in the menus/attacks.

Eolz

This is really a Dark Souls X Ninja Gaiden game, both in terms of looks and gameplay.
Nothing related to Onimusha (samurais and demons are not something unique to this), so people must really have some nice memories of this IP to talk about it everytime there's a Nioh thread...

Anyway, can't wait for this game, probably in my top 5 most anticipated this year. Hope we'll get a cool CE and more info soon, especially about the character progression and the world.

Why are people calling this Souls like? When the game is basically Ninja Gaiden right down to the same sound effects used in the menus/attacks.

It's the combination of stamina bar, the enemy moveset, the methodical combat style, dropping stuff upon death.

Looking forward to it!

This is leaning more towards Onimusha and Ninja Gaiden, than a carbon copy of Souls. Hasn't this game been in development since like 2004?

Ogawa-san

Take Onimusha's general theme, mix with Ninja Gaiden's gameplay plus a stamina bar minus the supersonic speed, add some itemization, you end up with...

A SOULS CLONE.

Wait, what?

Take Onimusha's general theme, mix with Ninja Gaiden's gameplay plus a stamina bar minus the supersonic speed, add some itemization, you end up with...

A SOULS CLONE.

Wait, what?

It's just the pacing of everything. They've got their own thing going on for sure. But the enemy mobs and attack patterns seem straight from souls games. not to mention that part where he summons a glowing buddy.

It's not a bad thing. The game has its own identity but the parallels seem obvious.

It's just the pacing of everything. They've got their own thing going on for sure. But the enemy mobs and attack patterns seem straight from souls games. not to mention that part where he summons a glowing buddy.

It's not a bad thing. The game has its own identity but the parallels seem obvious.
Looks like Nioh to me

SkylineRKR

This is a game I'll eat up. Typical Japanese charm, and gameplay seems to be spot on. I expect ridiculous bosses, cutscenes and typical stuff only present in Japanese games.

Top Bottom