• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bandai Namco still not sure about Tekken x Street Fighter release date

PlayStation Lifestyle said:
Tekken 7’s Senior Game Designer, Michael Murray, said in a recent interview with the Official PlayStation Magazine:

It’s still in development, but as far as a release window we haven’t really decided on that.

With Bandai Namco currently involved in Tekken 7, which is due to be released on the PlayStation 4, it remains to be seen when Tekken X Street Fighter will make it onto store shelves. For its part, Capcom has already released Street Fighter X Tekken for last-gen consoles.

Source: http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2016/03/06/tekken-x-street-fighter-release-date-undecided/

This game is the new Versus 13.

The funniest/saddest thing is that if this game is re-revealed in 2017 (which it probably will at the earliest to avoid cramping T7's style), that'll be the same length of time between Versus XIII's reveal at E3 2006 and its transformation into FFXV at E3 2013.

Let that sink in.

NZerker12

Probably waiting to get some feedback from the FGC on how Akuma plays in Tekken 7 and if it is positive they may develop it from there.

It's actually just gonna be DLC for Tekken 7.

Play as your favorite Street Fighter characters in Tekken 7, like Akuma. Oh wait...

LostDonkey

Gawd I've been waiting so long for this. I hate street fighter so I've been yearning for the characters to be in the Tekken universe so I can kick their arses with Kings 8 throw combo.

Rajang

Ofcourse they dont know the release date yet. There is still not even a release date for Tekken 7 on console.

Bamco may not know but I certainly do;

Never

Probably waiting to get some feedback from the FGC on how Akuma plays in Tekken 7 and if it is positive they may develop it from there.

This is what I actually believe.

They've been taking small strides what with Eliza in Tekken Revolution and now Akuma

cordy

Banned
Depends when T7 hits which could be late this year or the first half of 2017.

Beyond that, TxSF could be an expansion to T7 tbh. I mean if Akuma's the first one, just throw in 15 other SF characters, great story mode, new stages and other additions to it and change an extra 30 bucks and you got some greatness.

AAK

The west will never get Tekken X Street Fighter. They'll have to wait for an eventual re-release.

Whenever it does come out, it'll be on Arcade. Then a year after it's arcade release there'll be a TXSF BR Edition and a year after that release you can hope it'll be released on a console. I have my doubts if it will even come out on the PS4 generation. By then PS5 will probably be approaching or even out.

And after SFV flopped and bombed beyond any imagination, I'm pretty confident Namco won't ever risk a console launch before an exhaustive Arcade revenue stream beforehand.

AEREC

And after SFV flopped and bombed beyond any imagination, I'm pretty confident Namco won't ever risk a console launch before an exhaustive Arcade revenue stream beforehand.

Not really...it just didn't launch as well as SF4 from the sound of it.

gogogow

It’s still in development, but as far as a release window we haven’t really decided on that.

Eeeeeeeh....the more important question is, how far along are you guys with that game?
Give us that answer first before talking about a release window. Because the game has been announced 6 years ago.

-Use Gems
-Lower the amount of buttons to 1 with pressure sensitivity
-Mandatory 3D stereoscopic
-40 hour 1st person shooter single player
-Virtua Fighter 1 Space Combat System
-Anime Guest Characters

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
If it comes out after Tekken 7 and uses incarnations of characters from SFV and T7, it might be able to generate hype again.

We don't even know Tekken 7's console release date yet, let alone TxSF

-Use Gems
-Lower the amount of buttons to 1 with pressure sensitivity
-Mandatory 3D stereoscopic
-40 hour 1st person shooter single player
-Virtua Fighter 1 Space Combat System
-Anime Guest Characters
image.php

At this point they should see if they can talk other devs into expanding the game beyond just SF and Tekken. Throw some VF and KoF in there too.

Gxgear

Why even bother at this point. SFxT had a lukewarm reception, and TxSF is certainly not going to surpass it.

MrDenny

Harada mentioned back in oct. the character line up, polygon models, moves, and gameplay system were already completed.

At this point they should just say this is canceled or coming out for ps5. Cause it certainly ain't coming out this gen imo.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
I always thought TxSF was going to be the better of the two crossover games.

Sadly, I'll never find out.

SoulUnison

Banned
I bet they've been slowly realizing over the year show much it's going to suck to have to develop half a roster's worth of characters from scratch for a game that will very likely be a one-shot thing. Transferring Street Fighters to the Tekken style is exponentially more work than it was to transfer Tekken characters to Street Fighter.

Wait. It was still in development? I know it was never outright cancelled but thought after how SFXT was received they'd just weren't going to finish it.

ZeroX03

Banned
The game was announced because SFxT was announced. They had to announce them together. It was clearly only in concept stages, and when T7 was announced it took priority. There's no reason for them to rush it, especially as there's no momentum from SFxT to build on and SFV was less of a boom than expected. They're taking elements from Revolution and Akuma to help development direction.

A release date will come when it's ready, "ready" meaning after T7 is finished.

Neoxon

This makes the most sense. Get feedback with how Akuma in Tekken 7 was handled, & apply said feedback to TxSF.

Top Bottom