• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bandai Namco still not sure about Tekken x Street Fighter release date

I was way more excited about a Tekken-gameplay crossover than the SF kind of game, so this news are pretty sad. At least it's not cancelled yet, but I wonder how many times it has been rebooted internally.

Piers

I don't think the game has ever been in some development hell, it's just a question of when it'd be viable to take the idea into proper planning and production.

Akuma's precense in T7 does seem like the team could start venturing into this soon.

Ivan 3414

Why even bother at this point. SFxT had a lukewarm reception, and TxSF is certainly not going to surpass it.

You have absolutely no way to judge this with certainty. And based on the reception to Akuma in Tekken 7, you'd be very wrong.

Assuming T7 comes out in the second half this year, I'd say PSX-E3 for the reveal and an early 2018 release date.
hopeully

Beartruck

I have a feeling they're not actually developing it and are just quietly hoping people will stop asking questions about it.

jeemer

genuinely cannot believe this is still even being considered after sfxt. i just assumed this idea had been scrapped long ago.

My guess is that Akuma in T7 is testing the waters/laying the groundwork for this title.

Also means that TXSF, when it eventually appears, could be a 'canon' entry into the series from a narrative perspective, on the basis that Akuma gets the ball rolling.

Top Bottom