• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

King of Fighters XIV: Choi, Tung Fu Rue, and Chin Reveal Trailer

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
CdOj6HlVAAAUL9O.jpg:large

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIS7VcOxeqo&feature=youtu.be

CdNU6mbXIAAL627.jpg

CdNU6TAWAAAuPs9.jpg

CdNU4euW4AE61vZ.jpg

Will add more Info as it becomes available. It's posted from the PlayStation channel on YouTube, so there should be a Blog post incoming.

Pandacon

The more I see of this game, the more I'm liking it. I just wish I had more time to really enjoy these fighting games.

Rymuth

SNK trying to steal Capcom's Thunder with this announcement /kappa

I missed Tung. Will add him to the rotation.

This game looking really amazing! I really hope the online is as amazing as SF V. That's going to make or break the game for me.

mugen001-2.png

Can't wait to do Kamehameha with Tung Fu

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Yay, nice to see not!Roshi in a fighting game again!

His last appearance was in NGBC right?

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Eldery team !

So ... anyone have the leak to do some look on who is left ?

Choi is with Chang in a new prisoner team.

Tung is with a new team.

Chin is with the Psycho Soldiers, like always.

So says the leak.

They all look so good! Chin very obviously has a lot of his KoF XIII stuff back, which I'm happy to see, but his outfit is very 2000-series.

Tung's never worn such a robe in the past, so his look is pretty original for him.

Choi has gone back to his KoF 94 colors, with the striped shirt that makes him look a like a certain someone now. We've seen a tornado in game now, before Mr. Higashi got to throw one.

Notice that the new background characters we've seen in daily pics aren't here in the Mexico stage yet.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
wait wait wait

NO KAMEHAMEHA SDM

WHYYYYYY

Not a single one of these reveal trailers has shown a characters full move set. Also, the game is going to have an SDM version of every DM, as well as a Climax DM for each character.

So there's still hope for a Kamehameha! I want to see it in action too! :)

Khezu

OH SHIT!

Tung was the dude I exclusively played in what ever KoF game I had.

I pretty much have to buy this game now.

BadWolf

They all look so good! Chin very obviously has a lot of his KoF XIII stuff back, which I'm happy to see, but his outfit is very 2000-series.

Chin free canceled the back fist special (QCB+P) in the trailer into a drink, he couldn't do that in XIII. He also spit fire and it didn't seem to be his super? Wonder if he will get move/fire buffs again from drinks instead of just a damage output buff like in XIII.

Oh and his Climax DM start up is a cool nod to the scene in Drunken Master when Jackie drank from two bottles at once.

EDIT:

Am I crazy or is Chin's drinking animation at :33 a reference to Jackie Chan's Drunken Master?

Yes!

Amedo310

It is my birthday and a new trailer comes out. Thanks, SNK. I'm so buying a extra ps4 and two copies of this game to host at locals.

I can now soundly say that every time that song says "so nice" they are making a jab at capcom. More characters better battle system an arcade mode. The song is made to troll ono.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Chin free canceled the back fist special (QCB+P) in the trailer into a drink, he couldn't do that in XIII.
Yup, noticed that too, though I'm also wondering if it could just be a part of the animation now. I really hope he has his free cancels back, quite possibly my favorite thing about him in the XII series.

He also spit fire and it didn't seem to be his super? Wonder if he will get move/fire buffs again from drinks instead of just a damage output buff like in XIII.

I'm very happy if he has normal fire back. I hope it's not tied to drinking exclusively, but if he can cancel into drinks out of recovery, this wouldn't be so bad. His skin looked redder in his Climax DM startup too, just as he progressively got redder with drinks in XIII.

Oh and his Climax DM start up is a cool nod to the scene in Drunken Master when Jackie drank from two bottles at once.

Am I crazy or is Chin's drinking animation at :33 a reference to Jackie Chan's Drunken Master?

Yup, totally noticed that too. Good eyes all round, heh.

combinedwine-o.gif

HardRojo

Graphics looking better every time a new trailer comes out. I'm confident they'll get there by release, now let's hope the netcode is good too.

Loona

Is that Freddy Krueger?

Tiny prisoner edition, from the look of his orange pants. The striped sweater is from his original 94 self, but his pants were darker back then.

Yay, nice to see not!Roshi in a fighting game again!

His last appearance was in NGBC right?

Technically it was in console KoF XI, which brought in characters from NGBC.
XI wasn't exactly canon, but IIRC the final boss got new lines against the new characters, not to mention the special team illustrations - so not quite canon, but they found neat ways to make the newcomers have a presence beyond just the fighting mechanics.

wait wait wait

NO KAMEHAMEHA SDM

WHYYYYYY

NGBC was a more over-the-top game, since it also had to work with the armed characters from Samurai Shodown, Last Blade and Metal Slug, among others.
XI, on the other hand, had the Leader DM system, which let only a single character in the team of 3 have an outrageous move - the game's default cast already had something similar, as Momoko's LDM was a beam (to make up for her otherwise short range), so I guess that's why they let Tung keep it there. I wouldn't expect to see it back, but who knows...

Top Bottom