• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I have like 5,000 gold and about 12,000 dust I think.

Also, I miss the old OT numbers that were accelerated by Unstable Portal. Mods ruin all the fun :(

Unstable Portal won't be in Standard. So its effects are leaving our threads too. =)

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
New thread
Btw guys how much gold have you saved by now? I've been lazy and i only got 2000 gold.

1650, I bought like 15 classic packs a few day ago because I felt like it.

I can mass DE for about 3k dust, but I expect that to go up at 1k when the nerfs hit. I'm also ready to DE any gold versions of nerfed cards (Maybe even DE the non-gold versions if the cards are made useless)

I think I should play more Arena, I have seen some people say that doing like a few runs a week actually gives a ton of dust.

13randO

3.5k gold, 1k dust, 50 pakcs preordered. I cant wait for the 100 packs I'm gonna crack open launch day. It's gonna be like Christmas.

Oh, how could I forget, there's always Day[9] who streams Hearthstone Tuesday-Thursday nights from 7-8:30 Pacific time.

I enjoy his antics a lot but I can understand if they're not for everyone.

Apathy

Oh, how could I forget, there's always Day[9] who streams Hearthstone Tuesday-Thursday nights from 7-8:30 Pacific time.

I enjoy his antics a lot but I can understand if they're not for everyone.

Day 9 was always insightful for StarCraft. He's also a bit more mature than most streamers.

Kibler still is the top for insightful and mature though.

3.5k gold, 1k dust, 50 pakcs preordered. I cant wait for the 100 packs I'm gonna crack open launch day. It's gonna be like Christmas.

If it is like my typical Christmas you'll get six legendaries, all of them boogeymonster

I'll have enough gold for about 40 packs at launch. Buying 50 packs is nuts in my opinion. There will be like 10 cards worth getting and you can dust all the crap wild cards.

Apathy

I really don't understand why Keeper of Uldaman is only 4 mana. No way that should have been under 5.

That card is some serious bullshit, the fact that it can neuter even a deathwing (and cthun coming up). At least a humility/equality/Peacekeep keeps one stat the same. The fact that's it's common, and that whatever it's used on still trades favourably against the keeper is bullshit.and then the fact that it can be used as a buff for your own minions, all for 4 mana.

Acerac

Banned
So this beginner's guide asks me to buy 2 expert packs with my 280g. How do I know they are expert packs? And should it be from the Classic or Gnomes deck?

Get classic. They are by far the best gold investment for new players.

*Edit*

Wow that guide is horribly outdated, it was made before other sets existed. The info is still mostly spot on, though I'd hold on to your free arena run until you have a bit more of a hold on how to play the game. Arena can be tricky and many of the best players prefer to play there. In the future every arena run will cost gold or real money, so attacking it when you know the basics often gets you better returns.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
So this beginner's guide asks me to buy 2 expert packs with my 280g. How do I know they are expert packs? And should it be from the Classic or Gnomes deck?

Expert is classic packs.

They're by far the best thing for you to get now, especially since there's a big format change coming which will cycle the GvG cards out of the main one.

Pachimari

I think expert packs are regular card packs. Go with Classic. Gnomes will be rotated out soon.

Expert Packs is what Classic packs used to be called.

Thanks!

I think expert packs are regular card packs. Go with Classic. Gnomes will be rotated out soon.

Get classic. They are by far the best gold investment for new players.

*Edit*

Wow that guide is horribly outdated, it was made before other sets existed. The info is still mostly spot on, though I'd hold on to your free arena run until you have a bit more of a hold on how to play the game. Arena can be tricky and many of the best players prefer to play there. In the future every arena run will cost gold or real money, so attacking it when you know the basics often gets you better returns.

I'm already following this guide and is at step 9. I did one Arena attack and lost all 3 rounds but got some dust and gold.

Expert is classic packs.

They're by far the best thing for you to get now, especially since there's a big format change coming which will cycle the GvG cards out of the main one.

But if I don't buy the Gnomes cards now and they are being shuffled out, doesn't this mean I miss out on getting any of these cards? Or will they still exist and be obtainable when the new format launches?

Acerac

Banned
I'm already following this guide and is at step 9. I did one Arena attack and lost all 3 rounds but got some dust and gold.

It's certainly not world ending, even good players go 0-3 on occasion. The important part is you got some cards and gold.

While gvg cards will be more difficult to get in the future, they won't be impossible to acquire. Additionally, the format you are likely to be playing for the immediate future (once implemented next month) they won't even be allowed, so you're probably much better off ignoring them til you have an established collection.

Tacitus_

But if I don't buy the Gnomes cards now and they are being shuffled out, doesn't this mean I miss out on getting any of these cards? Or will they still exist and be obtainable when the new format launches?

They will still exist in the anything goes format, and you will still be able to craft the cards with dust, should you want to. I'd focus on the standard format as a starting player, one less expansion and adventure to collect.

usp84

I have 1960 gold and 650 dust. I regret spending the 700 gold i had saved in January but at least i got Alexstrasza.

Also i am probably going to disenchant some legendaries from the adventures plus whatever card is nerfed and becomes unplayable.

I hope i can get a lot of the new cards

Tarazet

Thanks guys.

I'm not going to attempt to beat 9 AI heroes on Expert. Already lost two rounds.

Just understand their counters, i.e. don't try to beat the Hunter if you are playing Warrior.. play Paladin instead. Bait out removal with little minions and then play your strong ones when they can no longer counter them. It's well worth doing for the gold reward.

Trump teaching me that there is such a thing as drafting too many weapons.
I never go above 3, unless they're attached to Muster or something.

Thanks guys.

I'm not going to attempt to beat 9 AI heroes on Expert. Already lost two rounds.
It's easier than you think, you just need to think about how each deck plays and what counters it. The Hunter deck loses steam quickly, so play a Priest deck with good defense and heal a lot, etc.

Ridli

New thread for the Old Gods.

Are there any other official tournaments past this weekend that need to keep current format? I can't remember if China already did their winter champ or just the preliminary.

Tarazet

Yeah but it hasn't been popular for a while now. I've run into like 5 of them today.

I actually ran into an egg druid earlier. I love that deck, it's a lot of fun and is capable of a lot of bullshit.. but I had finished my dailies and was back to playing Patron Warrior. It was like taking candy from a baby. Every turn I cleared him out and made my board stronger. Got to be one of the most one-sided matchups.

Pachimari

Just understand their counters, i.e. don't try to beat the Hunter if you are playing Warrior.. play Paladin instead. Bait out removal with little minions and then play your strong ones when they can no longer counter them. It's well worth doing for the gold reward.

I never go above 3, unless they're attached to Muster or something.

It's easier than you think, you just need to think about how each deck plays and what counters it. The Hunter deck loses steam quickly, so play a Priest deck with good defense and heal a lot, etc.
Oh, when I wrote "not" I meant "now". Stupid phone auto correction lol. I have beaten 4 Expert heroes so far. Need to beat 5 more but now I'm going to sleep.

I actually ran into an egg druid earlier. I love that deck, it's a lot of fun and is capable of a lot of bullshit.. but I had finished my dailies and was back to playing Patron Warrior. It was like taking candy from a baby. Every turn I cleared him out and made my board stronger. Got to be one of the most one-sided matchups.

I run Egg Druid whenever I get a Druid quest. I managed to turn 3 lethal a Secret Paladin with it the other day. It's an extremely powerful deck if it draws just right, but I've never gotten enough consistency out of it to actually ladder with it.

IceMarker

I am permanently stuck trying to reconnect to a game right now. Servers fucked?

EDIT: There we go, finally reset itself, took like 10 minutes.

Tarazet

I run Egg Druid whenever I get a Druid quest. I managed to turn 3 lethal a Secret Paladin with it the other day. It's an extremely powerful deck if it draws just right, but I've never gotten enough consistency out of it to actually ladder with it.

Egg Druid just might be the most inconsistent deck there is. There is a huge gulf between getting a good start and a bad one. But this guy even pulled off the Ooze + Innervate + Mark combo and I still trucked him, the Warrior's weapon kit and endless whirlwind effects shut that deck down hard.

Apathy

I got back to saying blizzard never test anything in this game, and this brawl is prime example.

If anyone ever bothered testing heigan they would have seen how stupid it was

greepoman

This slow drip of cards revealed is completely awful. It makes me want to do something like travel to Blizzard headquarters and throw tomatoes at Hearthstone developers as they walk into work. Anyone with me?

This slow drip of cards revealed is completely awful. It makes me want to do something like travel to Blizzard headquarters and throw tomatoes at Hearthstone developers as they walk into work. Anyone with me?
When you go, ask how Dreadsteed interacts with N'zoth.

Sadsic

posted this in the wrong topic:

what are the best decks for ranks 5+? everytime i get this far, I can never win more than 50% with seemingly any deck. maybe im just bad

Top Bottom