• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

Danj

No clue how well that Reno Paly deck would do, but I think it would be worth it to just swap Warhorse Trainer for Muster For Battle.

Really, the more I look over that decklist, I think is just sucks. I would not use it.

Okay, so what would you use instead that only has one Mysterious Challenger and no Tirion Fordring?

Seems as though Blizzard is going to stick with the theme of giving Hunter ways to generate card advantage without ever giving them actual card draw. Whether it'll work, who knows.

I think Infest could be decent though. Probably a one-of in slower Hunter decks. Playing it while you have 3 minions is probably the sweet spot. Any more than that and the value is pretty ridiculous.

Okay, so what would you use instead that only has one Mysterious Challenger and no Tirion Fordring?

a more midrange version/buff deck. You can also just go for straight eboladin. Eboladin/aggro paladin is probably way better tbh than trying to do something w/ one MC and no tirion

I wonder if Blizard would Nerf Wild Growth so it doesn't Cycle cards if played late game. Its sort of unintuitive that it actually does it all, since no other "Excess Mana" gives you a card draw.

There is good reason for this. None of the other crystal gain cards do nothing at full mana. Only arguably astral communion although technically that gives you full 10 mana and not empty crystals, so if you had some card draw on board you could draw into a 10 drop and play it immediately. Darnassus gives you a minion regardless and that 5 mana one can choose to draw cards.

edit:
Infest is sort of the reincarnation of starving buzzard if you think about it. Different of course and different in a significant way. But you're getting a card per hound summoned.

Pooya

If these were skewed toward class cards too it would be a lot better for hunter, good thing captain's parrot is out at least. There are not that many useless beasts I think, the worst one is boar even that with houndmaster is not bad.

That is if hunter suddenly starts playing value games.

Zemm

Zoo lock, freeze mage, combo druid for both players in this final

I've said it a few times now but these Blizzard tournaments have been so boring. Standard and the changes can't come soon enough.

Turn 6 lethal
Good game this.

fertygo

Zoo lock, freeze mage, combo druid for both players in this final

I've said it a few times now but these Blizzard tournaments have been so boring. Standard and the changes can't come soon enough.

Turn 6 lethal
Good game this.

Can't wait for those C'thun and N'zoth Paladin mirror huh

fertygo

OMG DDahyoni don't know how saved he's by RNG

He won the title

he this close to lose but RNGods decide something else lmao

Danj

I kinda think there should be some sort of "back in the game" perk or something for your first win after a massive losing streak.

Zemm

The rent-a-crowd Blizzard keep using for these things are always hilarious, guy in the back pretending to cry haha

jgminto

Infest/Unleash seems like it could be a decent combo but it would be nicer if Starving Buzzard was no longer garbage instead.

Pooya

They've revealed a lot of spells so far. In TGT each class got 3 to 4 spells each. Like warlock has 3 cards revealed, all 3 are bad spells...I guess we will start seeing more class minions from now on.

Mage and druid only has had 1 card revealed.

13randO

If it is like my typical Christmas you'll get six legendaries, all of them boogeymonster

I'll have enough gold for about 40 packs at launch. Buying 50 packs is nuts in my opinion. There will be like 10 cards worth getting and you can dust all the crap wild cards.

Absolutely true, but I realllly wanted that cardback; it is so damn nice. With that included, I'll give Blizz a cut of my monthly games budget for a chance for 100 packs.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Infest/Unleash seems like it could be a decent combo but it would be nicer if Starving Buzzard was no longer garbage instead.

Fun things to do: Fight the expert Hunter AI and laugh as they play a 5 mana buzzard and nothing else as it doesn't seem to know that it costs more.

Not really liking Infest just because it's totally dead if you don't have board and hunter is not exactly known for controlling and maintaining a board presence--and when you do then this is simply win more, while hunter is already good at pushing an advantage into lethal. Unleash and Snake trap seem nice with it but it feels kinda similar to feign death where it'll just end up really clunky in practice.

Pachimari

Guys, I need serious help. I only have 2 heroes to beat on Expert. Those are Rogue and Paladan. Any tips or tricks as to how I deal with them or which hero I should use against them? I must have lost 10 times since this morning.

AzureSky

infest/unleash is essentially the new buzzard/unleash. Not as predictable because you dont draw from your deck, but sounds amazing to fill your hand. Wouldnt be surprised to see it in every hunter deck soon ...

jgminto

infest/unleash is essentially the new buzzard/unleash. Not as predictable because you dont draw from your deck, but sounds amazing to fill your hand. Wouldnt be surprised to see it in every hunter deck soon ...
I don't think its quite that good. While it could be great value, filling your hand with beasts is useless for aggro hunters and for midrange hunter, there are a lot of subpar beasts so while it will be great when you can fill your hand with Savannah Highmanes, most of the time drawing your cards will be a lot more useful than getting any of the base set beasts.

Pachimari

I finally beat all the heroes on Expert today. Now I'm levelling up all of my heroes to lvl 10, and one of them to lvl. 20. And then I'm going for a 100 wins.

fertygo

Malygos will replace alex in freeze mage after alex got nerfed right? Execution space would've a bit tighter but its doable. Mage also haď library that enabling otk with 1 mana bs

Shit I already encoùnter freeze mage with malygos

Szadek

Infest is not very good.
You need at least 3 minions to make it woth while.
Yes, it's good with hounds, but if you want to do that ,you are better of paying 1 mana more for Dark Cultist.

Tarazet

Infest is not very good.
You need at least 3 minions to make it woth while.
Yes, it's good with hounds, but if you want to do that ,you are better of paying 1 mana more for Dark Cultist.

Cult Master? True, that's probably the Hunter's best draw option left, the body is not that useful though.

And yes Soul of the Forest..

yeah cult master is basically better, if the beasts cost 1 mana less or something it'd be dope but ultimately it looks like an arena card to me, random beasts are very hit or miss, webspinner is only played cause there's no other better 1 drop options for hunter

Danj

SMOrced my way back up to rank 15 but then had 4 losses in a row :( and one of them was a Malygos rogue.

EDIT: and two of them used Nefarian.

AzureSky

I don't think its quite that good. While it could be great value, filling your hand with beasts is useless for aggro hunters and for midrange hunter, there are a lot of subpar beasts so while it will be great when you can fill your hand with Savannah Highmanes, most of the time drawing your cards will be a lot more useful than getting any of the base set beasts.

aggro hunters usually dont play draw cards and are often left with nothing in midgame, if they dont win quickly. This might give you a full hand again, even if most beasts you get are bad, you can at least maintain some pressure.
This card might even create some kind of zoo hunter. Flood the board with cheap creatures, and replentish your hand when they are killed. Its an easy card to get value from for a hunter.

Ridli

I like infest but it's sitting in that weird space where if it cost 1 less mana it would be way too good but at its current price it is just a bit too slow. Unfortunately a lot of cards end up in that place.

Top Bottom