• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April U.S. Primaries |OT| Vote in 20 Turns for World Leader

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kud Dukan

Is it possible we're looking at an end to the Dem primary before month is over? Hillary is polling strong in NY, PA, and Maryland. I can't imagine even winning CA would even matter if Clinton wins by 20 pt margins in NY and PA (which together almost match CA in delegates).

As John King at CNN pointed out a few minutes ago during their coverage, if Sanders were to win each of the remaining states by 10 points, he still wouldn't catch Clinton. It's almost certainly already over but unless something massive changes, I think you're right, by the end of the month it'll be hard to deny.

Joeytj

Banned
Fox called it for Bernie

lol this thread is way more dead than I thought it would be

It's more of a big deal on the Republican side, so yeah. That, plus football I guess.

NBC has called it for Cruz and Sanders. Poor Donald!

On the Dem side, it's just a waiting game to see the margins. Probably 5 point for Bernie or maybe more.

NPR showing with 1.4% of precincts,
58% ...Sanders
42% ...Clinton

that's probably gonna tighten a little bit as Milwaukee comes in (which will be partially offset by Dane County), guessing 55-45

e: there's also the possibility that it goes in the other direction, but the early returns are trending toward Milwaukee being close as heck

It's more of a big deal on the Republican side, so yeah.

I'd say it's a pretty big deal for Bernie if he can scrape out a 10+ point win, both for showing general momentum going in his direction (narrative of winning 6 out of last 7 states with significant margins) and for keeping his base energized going into NY.

Ashodin

It's 57% Bernie 43% Clinton YES!

Looks like the margin is widening as votes come in

I'm going to guess 59% Bernie 41% Clinton for final results

CNN says Cruz takes WI, guess we goin' to brokered convention

Kasich is doing terribly.

How the heck does he think he'll be the candidate if it goes to the convention? Nobody likes him.

As for Bernie
The exit polls suggest that Sanders has not fixed his problem with black voters. He is losing them by a margin of 74 percent to 26 percent in Wisconsin. Luckily for him, they made up just 9 percent of voters. Unfortunately for Sanders, they’ll likely make up more than 15 percent of voters in the biggest delegate prizes this month: Maryland, New York and Pennsylvania.
That's not good

mo60

It looks like Kasich is flopping in Wisconsin which is helping make it easier for Cruz to beat Donald in Wisconsin. Kasich vote share in Wisconsin should increase as the result keep on coming in.

Joeytj

Banned
I'd say it's a pretty big deal for Bernie if he can scrape out a 10+ point win, both for showing general momentum going in his direction (narrative of winning 6 out of last 7 states with significant margins) and for keeping his base energized going into NY.

Yeah, but it's not expected, that's what I'm saying. It's now at 20% and Milwaukee just came, dropping the margin to ~5% points.

Haribi

Why isn't there a Star Wars RPG? And wouldn't James Bond make for a pretty good FPS?
So how likely is a contested convention to happen now after the Wisconsin results?

Yeah, but it's not expected, that's what I'm saying. It's now at 18% and Milwaukee just came, dropping the margin to ~5% points.

Yeah, looks like Milwaukee is favoring Clinton. I always thought it was a fairly progressive city. But many counties aren't reporting yet, so it looks like those numbers could go back up.

Joeytj

Banned
Yeah, looks like Milwaukee is favoring Clinton. I always thought it was a fairly progressive city. But many counties aren't reporting yet, so it looks like those numbers could go back up.

It's not just about progressives, the majority of Wisconsin's AA population is there, although it's not that big statewide, which is why Sanders will win it in the end.

EDIT: Looks like a done deal now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom