• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June U.S. Primaries |OT| Hey June

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, Clinton is the "presumptive nominee" because the nomination isn't official until the convention, even if that candidate has collected every single delegate leading up to it.

The magic number is the majority of pledged delegates + superdelegates. Saying it's not really really real unless she reaches that number in pledged delegates only is saying she needs a supermajority of pledged delegates, a standard no previous Democratic candidate has been held to in the history of the party.

Yeah, you're the presumptive nominee even if you win every pledged delegate available. To be as pedantic as the Sanders campaign, the delegate math is actually 0-0 since none of the delegates technically count until the convention.

Elandyll

Banned

Dooooo it!!

warrenclinton_1.jpg

Added benefit to awesome combo: chances that Trump will say something really misogynistic and stupid about women increases 1000% I think (not that it would elevate the debate, but it would hopefully really expose that side of him, because apparently many still doubt he is a chauvinistic pig with the usual "he put many women in position of power in his companies!")

No, Clinton is the "presumptive nominee" because the nomination isn't official until the convention, even if that candidate has collected every single delegate leading up to it.

The magic number is the majority of pledged delegates + superdelegates. Saying it's not really really real unless she reaches that number in pledged delegates only is saying she needs a supermajority of pledged delegates, a standard no previous Democratic candidate has been held to in the history of the party.

Yep.

Which is one point I will lambaste Bernie on.

Completely disingenuous to phrase it this way. Sets up an unrealistic bar for Hillary to reach, while giving himself the cover he wants to go as far as he wants. Pushing a false narrative among his supporters to incite them when the race is called and she hasn't hit his false standard.

Primus

Tulsi Gabbard isn't going anywhere, her Senate seat is safe for life, basically. It's the way Hawaii works. She could probably eat some puppies on live TV and she'd still win elections via landslides, 'cause she's a Democrat.

Mr. RPG

Has Hillary made any comments on Bernie since he declared he was going to stay in the race (at least until Washington votes)?

Fat4all

Banned
Has Hillary made any comments on Bernie since he declared he was going to stay in the race (at least until Washington votes)?
I don't remember her directly commenting on Bernie staying in the race, or at least not anything outside the talk of "uniting the party".

It's mostly ignore until a primary day and talk about him and his voters then.

Kite

lol Holy shit, seeing so-called progressives turn on Warren cus she dared to endorse Clinton is.. calling her a fraud and saying she never did anything.. lolol I'm fucking dying. They really are the Tea Party of the Left.

BanGy.nz

Banned

She did the morning show round today, she praises him and his movement then pivots to Trump.

lol Holy shit, seeing so-called progressives turn on Warren cus she dared to endorse Clinton is.. calling her a fraud and saying she never did anything.. lolol I'm fucking dying. They really are the Tea Party of the Left.
The tea party was successful, I don't see this group actually achieving anything outside of dank memes.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
She did the morning show round today, she praises him and his movement then pivots to Trump.

The tea party was successful, I don't see this group actually achieving anything outside of dank memes.

Yup they are closer to libertarians and the alt right. Dank memes is all they got.

atr0cious

It has been learned from poll workers that 50% to 90% of voters who were supposed to have been eligible to vote in the Democratic primary were told they would have to vote provisional ballots.
Lost it here.

Edit lol
The Justice Gazette has conducted considerable polling and the official results reflect the opposite of how people said they were going to vote. At​ the California Democratic Convention most of the elected delegates were "Bernie or Bust." Ask yourself, when Sanders gets enthusiastic crowds of thousands in California (sixty thousand according to police in Oakland alone) compared to laid- back crowds of hundreds for Clinton, who voted for Clinton?

This shit is amazing.

Ask your neighbors, co-workers and fellow students if they voted for her and then start asking how she supposedly won the election without the support of the voters.

This is what did me in.

On a semi-related note, I tuned into AM radio again this morning, and they're already setting their listeners up for an Election Day mindfuck. Sean Hannity did a blurb this morning that Hillary Clinton got fewer primary votes in California this year than she did in 2008 (fine), therefore she has an "uphill battle" in the general election. I can only imagine their listeners will be convinced of victory until election night, totally buying into "the polls are corrupted" and all that nonsense. I feel sorry for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom