• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sherlock Holmes: The Devil's Daughter - First footage and screens

Alienfan

I love how these games get progressively more ambitious and big budgeted - been fascinating to watch this series evolve

Hmm, a great looking game. Holmes and Watson appear younger than the last game and the voice acting has changed to go with the younger leads.

But I miss the old voices.

Ledhead

I'm so pumped. Huge fan of Holmes, be it the original short stories/novels or the Frogware games. Crimes and Punishments was wicked. I'll miss the old voice though.

wouwie

Can't wait. Crimes and Punishment was a really surprising game for me.

Same here. One of my most anticipated games at the moment. C&P was surprisingly good and i can't wait to dive into this one. I'm going to avoid other media from now on.

camac002

I love how these games get progressively more ambitious and big budgeted - been fascinating to watch this series evolve

Couldn't agree more. It's been great to see these guys incrementally build on each game over the years without any one huge breakthrough Sherlock game. Just steadily using the reasonable success of each game to enable them to keep advancing the production values without a huge budget.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Damn, Sherlock's fashion design is on point.

This seems like a great improvement from the previous game! I really liked what I played from Crime & Punishments, I still got to finish it though.

malcher

After playing Crimes and Punishments from GwG I will very probably get this. However, I was surprised that there are only 5 cases in the new game. Hoped for a bit longer experience.

kiyoaki

After the first teaser, I was a bit afraid they'd make this game more action-focused when what I really liked about C&P was its relaxed pace. But this looks really good and just like what I want from a new installment in this series.

Filter

I played crime & punishment when it came out on ps+ and I loved it. One of the few games that I finished all year.
I'll miss holmes's voice as well. The game was somehow the bass-iest thing that's ever gone through my sound system. The sub woofer would go nuts when Holmes talked. No other game does that, I kind of liked it haha.

These guys are also making a Lovecraft inspired game, I'm really looking forward to that.

Ughhh, they changed the voice actors for Holmes and Watson and made them younger, plus it seems far weaker visually. I think I'll wait for a hefty discount sale, they absolutely nailed C&P for me and this looks too different.

Labadal

Ughhh, they changed the voice actors for Holmes and Watson and made them younger, plus it seems far weaker visually. I think I'll wait for a hefty discount sale, they absolutely nailed C&P for me and this looks too different.

It's a shame the voices are changed, but the game looks to play fairly similar to C&P. I'll allow it.

ekim

Loved the last one. It was my rainy Sunday game. The game puts no pressure on you and the pacing was really good. Will buy day one. :)

KORNdoggy

Looks to be running about as smooth as the previous entries. Lol. I do like their low budget quality though and i enjoyed the previous ones. So i'm in.

NeoRaider

I was thinking about buying Crimes & Punishment but i am still not sure. Idk. will i like it. I thought it will be in Humble Bundle by now lol.

Labadal

I was thinking about buying Crimes & Punishment but i am still not sure. Idk. will i like it. I thought it will be in Humble Bundle by now lol.

If you like Sherlock Holmes or detective games, this is a must bay, imo. This game actually makes you feel like a detective and you have to make your own deductions. You can pin the crime on someone and then it turns out that your suspect was innocent. That doesn't mean you get a game over.

I'm really into Sherlock Holmes,and Crimes & Punishment has been on my radar, but I wasn't sure if it was good. Is there any actual deduction going on in the game, or is it hand-holdy and linear?

If you like Sherlock Holmes or detective games, this is a must bay, imo. This game actually makes you feel like a detective and you have to make your own deductions. You can pin the crime on someone and then it turns out that your suspect was innocent. That doesn't mean you get a game over.

This actually answered quite a bit. Thanks.

I'm definitely buying this. I played Crimes and Punishments when it free through games for gold a couple months ago and loved it.

Top Bottom