• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse coming to North America in Summer 2016

Ibuki

Banned
http://personacentral.com/shin-megami-tensei-iv-apocalypse-announced-north-america-summer-2016/

SMT-IV-Apocalypse-Logo-720x340.jpg

Atlus has announced that Shin Megami Tensei IV Final, released in Japan on February 10, 2016, will be localized as Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse for the Nintendo 3DS in North America, in summer 2016.

Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse will be released at retail stores and on the eShop, and it will cost $49.99 US / $64.99 CA.

[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8oEjmBtRTA[/URL]

Boxart

Atlus posted a blog post about the name change and localization.

Eolz

RIP Europe.
Thanks Atlus.

That said, interesting that the english localization is that quick.
Good title too.

Clov

Excellent news! I was a bit worried about this one, but I'm glad to see that it's making it over.

Edit: That CAD price... ouch. I'm really going to have to hope I can get this as part of Amazon's E3 sale.

BiggNife

I can kinda understand the name change. FINAL made it sound like a director's cut of SMT4 instead of a sequel.

e: Box art:

CgA6aLQWsAAFsaG.jpg

hupla

Still really need to play The first SMT4 but I'm glad to see this is coming over so quickly. It's gonna motivate me to get through the first over the summer

Joqu

Well, ok, I'm in europe so this is pretty frustrating

But I was REALLY getting worried about Final's localization so yeah, great news. For once.

It's a proper Atlus title, so maybe NISA have us poor Eurosouls covered on this one.

Or maybe we have to wait over a year for an eShop only release again.

Or maybe we're just not getting it at all idk

I liked SMT4 but I hate persona :/

My favorite part was when I felt Chaos was the best clear choice until I realized what, exactly, that'd mean. That was a really good thing to feel.

Glad too see that Atlus tax is still a thing.

I really need to hurry up and start my neutral play through of the original before this thing comes out.

TWILT

Banned
lmao I was just talking about this last night with a friend.

Great news...though that CAD price hurts...

Clive

Finally! Hopefully a sequel to the best JRPG this gen can get me back into the genre. It shall be mine.

Jb

Hell yeah! I was a little afraid it was going to be a digital only release.

Time to finally install that homebrew region free thingie so I don't have to wait two years to play it :)

Isotope

First Dragon Quest VII this Summer, then Tokyo Mirage Sessions, now Apocalypse? Not to mention the myriad of games still to come out these next few months? How am I gonna find time to play all these games?

Eolz

Imagine if it's released in EU after Nintendo's next handheld.

I liked SMT4 but I hate persona :/

My favorite part was when I felt Chaos was the best clear choice until I realized what, exactly, that'd mean. That was a really good thing to feel.

Why the :/? Not really something to feel bad about.

Haven't played SMTIV yet. Might wait for this to come out in Europe. I'd be sad for no EU release date, but with Dragon Quest, Pokemon, FFXV and Persona 5 it's not like I have nothing else to play haha.

Top Bottom