• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse coming to North America in Summer 2016

Thought that SMTIV was one of the weakest in the series including spin-offs that I have played, but enjoyed it enough where I'll be picking this up on day one.

Holy shit, $64.99 in CAD, before taxes?

I was looking forward to this too, and I know Atlus hikes up the prices on other titles before, but never something like that. Absolutely ludicrous.

Corginand

Literally the first piece of news I saw upon waking up, it finally happened and I couldn't be happier.

Now to wait for the actual release date, probably July just like the original SMTIV? Hopefully it doesn't end up releasing on the same week as Monster Hunter Generations.

D-Man

Freakin finally! I wasn't doubtful this would come here, but I'm glad that it's finally confirmed.

Day 1 for me, even with that good ol' Atlus Tax.

Asharakk

Dear Atlus,
Please let NISA bring us europeans a physical copy this time since I would not hold my breath for you to do it yourselves.

Rektash

Awww yis. Gonna wait for the inevitable special edition before I preorder though!

Would be nice if they released the game in europe as well.

Again just to make things clear, Apocalypse is a sequel that essentially replaces MINOR NON-SPECIFIC SPOILER
the back half of the neutral ending from IV. The game starts there and then things go dramatically differently.

Nachos

Logo's super weird. They finally ditched the old SMT type's wonky letterforms for a compressed serif that even clashes with the IV right next to it.

Faustek

is it only me that thinks this still looks like crap? Not everything but the main, with others, looks like shit tier 3 anime bs :/ Of course it can still be a good game and I'll probably buy it, if it makes it over to Europe stopped importing Nintendo games, actually I'll definitely buy it if it makes it over.

Seems like everything gets released before Persona 5.

11 of April 2020...in Japan that is. Don't ask about localisation.

Effect

Nice. I really enjoyed SMT 4. Need to finish it though but glad this is coming over. I wonder if they'll do another deal like they did with SMT 4 and Fire Emblem Awakening. Or maybe use it to help push Tokyo Mirage Sessions.

Intel_89

This'll be 10€ on a regular basis on the European eShop hopefully, I highly doubt NISA will bother with releasing this over here.

Better have a really sick first print edition for $64.99 CAD.

Seriously, $65 (before tax) for a 3DS game is practically suicide. What a horrible price.

Think I'll skip this and just get P5. Oh well. Plenty else for me to enjoy on 3DS this year.

Seriously, $65 (before tax) for a 3DS game is practically suicide. What a horrible price.

Think I'll skip this and just get P5. Oh well. Plenty else for me to enjoy on 3DS this year.

Indeed, all I care about at this point is getting Dragon Quest VII and maybe VIII (if I don't get it for the PS2).

I'd be damned if I were to pay this much money for a single 3DS game normally. But I'm getting this day 1, I don't even care. I'm part of the problem, but I just loved the original too much. I've been waiting for this announcement, I'm so happy

Is this better than SMTIV? Nocturne is one of my favourite games of all time but I was disappointed by IV. The atmosphere wasn't as good as and the lack of character models was a real let down (can't be helped due to 3DS hardware limitations I guess).

Fbh

I will probably undust my 3DS for this.

SMT IV was, after Kid Icarus, my favorite 3DS game. Plus I miss traditional SMT

Cannot wait to see this, thrilled that it's making it out here, but I didn't have a lot of doubt.

Now to see if this comes out before Dragon Quest VII/VIII. Whichever one hits last will probably be the game that tops off my 3DS' long and fulfilling life.

Top Bottom