• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse coming to North America in Summer 2016

duckroll

Hahahahahahahaha. They really did go through a total name change. Good for them. Final was the dumbest name ever for what the product was.

Velkyn

I'm mad about the CAD price, but that is exactly how much $49.99 USD is trading for right now...But we all know, even if the dollar was 1 to 1, they'd still charge $64 for it. Because, apparently, we get charged more for no reason.

ar4757

1390774390507.png

Jb

I added it to the OP, but Atlus posted a blog post about the name change and localization.

http://atlus.com/whats-in-a-name-smtiv-final-and-localizing-a-name/

atlus.com said:
Fun fact! For about two weeks, we considered dropping the “IV” from the name (a la SMT: Nocturne) and “featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry” series was suggested no less than 8 times by as many individuals. Those jokers.

I like how self aware they are.

FLD

Damn, that's earlier than I expected. That means I need to get off my ass and finish PQ and then start SMTIV asap. I kinda hope it won't come out too close to DQVII, though.

Also, Atlus tax + Canadian price hike kinda hurts on this one... :/

MrDaravon

Going to wait and see if it comes with a first print bonus that's worthwhile or anything; the last game I paid the Atlus tax on was the original SMT4 since I felt what it came with was worth the extra $10. Nothing else since then has and I've bought every Atlus game since then used specifically because of it.

jzbluz

Thank the gods for E3 discounts. Although I'm tempted to just wait and grab it on clearance, especially since Atlus games always go on sale.

Blobbers

Final was dumb, but Apocalypse? Aren't they all apocalypse? That's like naming the next Dark Souls "Dark Souls 4: Ruined World"

It's a proper Atlus title, so maybe NISA have us poor Eurosouls covered on this one.

Or maybe we have to wait over a year for an eShop only release again.

Or maybe we're just not getting it at all idk

There was some weird shenanigans over SMTIV. NISA brought over Soul Hackers in 4 months and that's way more obscure than a mainline game.

PK Gaming

Well that's a pleasant surprise.

The Canadian price makes me want to gag, but it'll be totally worth it. So looking forward to playing this, summer is gonna be stacked.

Top Bottom