• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse coming to North America in Summer 2016

Is this better than SMTIV? Nocturne is one of my favourite games of all time but I was disappointed by IV. The atmosphere wasn't as good as and the lack of character models was a real let down (can't be helped due to 3DS hardware limitations I guess).

From what I read in the import OT it is much better. But after SMTIV I am still hesitant to jump on this. It just wasn't my thing.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
On the plus side, I'll probably have a job and money to spend when it releases in Europe late 2017/ Early 2018

Still really need to play The first SMT4 but I'm glad to see this is coming over so quickly...

? This is coming out at least 6+ months after the JP version, unlike SMT4 where it was only about a month. Atlus generally has much quicker turn around.

Excellent news. I had no problem paying the Atlus Tax for their more recent titles, because the games are freaking worth it.

I waited a bit to keep my post away from the whining/trash-posting.

Blobbers

They needed a subtitle with an A in it, they went through a lot of stuff.

tumblr_inline_nwbqgj7f6z1rca9rw_400.png

atlusprime

Atlus PR
"ATLUS Y U NEVER HAVE EU NEWS?!"

Well, I'm glad you asked, angry internet poster. As has been the case many times, we are relying on a publisher/distributer in the EU for that, and it's not our place to announce it for the region unless we're doing it ourselves (see: Conception II, all our indie games,
SMTIV ;___;
etc.)

"Are we working on trying to get that sorted out?"

Of course we are, and have been, like all of our recent titles. But we don't have anything to announce. So, sorry, but there's no EU news yet.

#notlikeSMTIV

Eolz

"ATLUS Y U NEVER HAVE EU NEWS?!"

Well, I'm glad you asked, angry internet poster. As has been the case many times, we are relying on a publisher/distributer in the EU for that, and it's not our place to announce it for the region unless we're doing it ourselves (see: Conception II, all our indie games,
SMTIV ;___;
etc.)

"Are we working on trying to get that sorted out?"

Of course we are, and have been, like all of our recent titles. But we don't have anything to announce. So, sorry, but there's no EU news yet.

#notlikeSMTIV

Glad to see you acknowledge the situation at least, so thanks for this post.

But no, can't say you have been working on it. Your recent titles are like before or worse in terms of release in Europe. Seriously, it looks like it's something decided at the last minute, and after deciding on how to handle the american release, everytime.
It's 2016, it's time to become an international company...
I'm sure you wouldn't say the situation was improving in europe for atlus/sega titles if you were really looking at it. Maybe it's improving internally, but there's no sign of it on the customer front.
And no, having a delay shorter than for SMT IV is not something worth getting praise for.

Despite the rant, again, thanks for the quick localization, and hopefully will be able to say sorry for those comments once Atlus start treating this continent differently.

Phu

Banned
Glad to see you acknowledge the situation at least, so thanks for this post.

But no, can't say you have been working on it. Your recent titles are like before or worse in terms of release in Europe. Seriously, it looks like it's something decided at the last minute, and after deciding on how to handle the american release, everytime.
It's 2016, it's time to become an international company...
I'm sure you wouldn't say the situation was improving in europe for atlus/sega titles if you were really looking at it. Maybe it's improving internally, but there's no sign of it on the customer front.
And no, having a delay shorter than for SMT IV is not something worth getting praise for.

Despite the rant, again, thanks for the quick localization, and hopefully will be able to say sorry for those comments once Atlus start treating this continent differently.

It's not like that's a simple process, lol.

Thud

We can cross out June (TMS) and July . So either August or September for NA. At worst November for Europe.

Release data from P4DAN and P4AU seem to support that train of thought.

Eolz

It's not like that's a simple process, lol.

I know that.
But it's not like they didn't have time before and never heard this criticism before either. It's not a new company, Sega neither, and the latter actually released games in Europe in the past. Atlus also worked with enough european publishers in the past to know how it works. They're not stupid. They just don't care.

Top Bottom