• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a bug with Street Fighter V on PC?

Every few matches, right at the beginning of a match it will minimize the game and disconnect the audio.

This didn't start happening until yesterday.

Anybody have any tips on how to dash better? I tend to stutter a lot, giving my intentions away but when I do dash, I usually do a good job of catching people off guard and it's a necessity for Nash to move around.

Also, almost anything I try to do that's fairly complex from 2nd player side turns out garbage most of the time. The combo will be going great until it's time to do the command finisher and it falls apart. I can do the lone moves all day but within a combo it's the flip of a coin.

I know the only way is to practice but is there any tips or tricks you guys use to aid the process and help get your execution solid from a weak side?

Anybody have any tips on how to dash better? I tend to stutter a lot, giving my intentions away but when I do dash, I usually do a good job of catching people off guard and it's a necessity for Nash to move around.

Also, almost anything I try to do that's fairly complex from 2nd player side turns out garbage most of the time. The combo will be going great until it's time to do the command finisher and it falls apart. I can do the lone moves all day but within a combo it's the flip of a coin.

I know the only way is to practice but is there any tips or tricks you guys use to aid the process and help get your execution solid from a weak side?

You playing stick or pad?

I had an easier time with inputs on the player 2 side personally because of the natural motion of my wrist. The only really advice I could give you is to practice your weak sidea and get comfortable. It's like training your weak side in a sport you just have to put the time in. Best thing to do is just go in the lab and practice from your weak side for 30mins-1hr.

How do you hold the stick?

I had an easier time with inputs on the player 2 side personally because of the natural motion of my wrist. The only really advice I could give you is to practice your weak sidea and get comfortable. It's like training your weak side in a sport you just have to put the time in. Best thing to do is just go in the lab and practice from your weak side for 30mins-1hr.

How do you hold the stick?

Index, middle finger and thumb on the stick and the other two kinda tucked below. I try to keep my hand planted.

Index, middle finger and thumb on the stick and the other two kinda tucked below. I try to keep my hand planted.

Sounds like you got a pretty good handle on the stick. Now it just comes down to practice to get that muscle memory in place. You just need to try and play relaxed from 2p and not try and rush inputs and it'll come more naturally to you over time. Try approaching 2p as you would 1p and they'll be seamless in no time.

Sounds like you got a pretty good handle on the stick. Now it just comes down to practice to get that muscle memory in place. You just need to try and play relaxed from 2p and not try and rush inputs and it'll come more naturally to you over time. Try approaching 2p as you would 1p and they'll be seamless in no time.
Sounds like good advice. I'll follow it and try to focus on slowing down my inputs from that bad side. Thanks.

Bald shaved Guile with a 'stache. Calling it now.
COrJplhWIAAraLL.jpg

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
The French pros have made a tier list for Red Bull:
http://www.redbull.com/fr/fr/esport...tier-list-classement-personnages-force-niveau

18_frenchtiers02.jpg

(Image from EH)

Capcom.

Please stop teasing us with the story.

The Nash VS Guile quotes are literally nothing.
I don't expect much from the story, honestly. Nothing they've shown so far points towards it being great in any way...

Bald shaved Guile with a 'stache. Calling it now.
What about...eyebrows!?

I don't expect much from the story, honestly. Nothing they've shown so far points towards it being great in any way...

What about...eyebrows!?

Depends on what your bar is for "great".

For me, if they can keep half the amount of detail that's found within the plot guide and answer some basic questions about what happened and where it's headed, I'll be happy. It seems like they are reaching for it with the character interactions, something that is barely done in the other games.

But that's just me. I'm the type of person who loves the series so much I pour over that shit constantly.

Scotia

Banned
Depends on what your bar is for "great".

For me, if they can keep half the amount of detail that's found within the plot guide and answer some basic questions about what happened and where it's headed, I'll be happy. It seems like they are reaching for it with the character interactions, something that is barely done in the other games.

But that's just me. I'm the type of person who loves the series so much I pour over that shit constantly.

I'm the same. I'll probably do with Guile what I did with Alex and check all his win/loss quotes just to get something story wise out of them haha

Baleoce

Well that was weird. I landed the killing blow in casual match and got a disconnect, thought to myself, ok another rage quitter. Literally on the frame of the killing blow is when it occured. But it wasn't a rage quit. It said 40002 in the bottom left corner and 10007 in the center of the screen. Looked at the dashboard afterwards and it confirmed that I was logged out. Infact I shadowplayed it so I might be able to show what I mean in a bit.

I will give Guile a shot until Balrog comes out. Can I even test Guile before using FM to buy the character? For example challenges or training.

Raitaro

Jeez, they put Alex below Zangief even?

From what I've seen of him, as being played by the likes of Maximillian and Gootecks, he seems like a decent mid-tier guy to me, with plenty of fast, powerful attacks, throw options and such. Sure, his command throw damage is not the highest, especially after being combo'd into them, nor do people seem to think much of his stomp currently, but still.

Canonically, as the future World Warrior finalist and highly sought after warrior by Gill, being placed so low on the tier list does not make much sense either, but then again nor does Zangief for that matter. This does make me wonder if all of the DLC characters will be lower tiered (or perhaps even overpowered in some cases) initially because of the difficulty of balancing them properly as late comers so to speak.

From what I've seen of him, as being played by the likes of Maximillian and Gootecks, he seems like a decent mid-tier guy to me, with plenty of fast, powerful attacks, throw options and such. Sure, his command throw damage is not the highest, especially after being combo'd into them, nor do people seem to think much of his stomp currently, but still.

Canonically, as the future World Warrior finalist and highly sought after warrior by Gill, being placed so low on the tier list does not make much sense either, but then again nor does Zangief for that matter. This does make me wonder if all of the DLC characters will be lower tiered (or perhaps even overpowered in some cases) initially because of the difficulty of balancing them properly as late comers so to speak.
Well, Alex isn't the only one.

FANG was the only character who wasn't in any of the betas or shown that much before release and he's considered one of the weakest characters right now. Nemo placed him at C-List, with Alex. Even Zangief was higher.

stahp it

also if they were balancing off of canon then deejay would be top tier in every game he's been in so..

I find it impressive that Ryu was consistently nerfed in every beta, and still ended up top tier. Makes you wonder what he'd look like if he was never touched.

He was ass, but cool in 3S and he is just okay in SFV. For some reason his overhead that doesn't lead to anything is slow as hell, he can't get much off crouching medium buttons without V-Trigger, his grab range is meh and his CA scales terribly. Zangief definitely protects his skies better than Alex. At least the latter has a ton of specials and his normals have great range.

vg260

I want classic Guile with shades. I'll even pay good zenny for it. Do it, capcom.

I wish they let you choose costumes and heads. They don't need to go the KI accessory route, but choosing a hair style would be cool. Some hair styles kill certain costumes (short hair Ken).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom