• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Gamespot] Outlast 2 Gameplay

Vinc

Looks like more of the same with a different setting which I personally find more interesting, so I'm totally in. Loved Outlast.

SomTervo

Looks like more of the same with a different setting which I personally find more interesting, so I'm totally in. Loved Outlast.

Yep.

The new hiding options look good.

Think the gameplay needs another layer though. If it's still just walking and hiding... That's OK. But it could be GREAT if they added even slightly more to do. Throwables, pushables, traps in the environment... Just something minor would help a lot.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
i definitely feel like if i was being chased thru a field by bloodthirsty murderers i wouldn't run into the only source of light in a 1 km radius

Steejee

Probably a skip/sale for me.

I enjoyed Outlast at first, but before long the gameplay design, repetition, and awful AI dragged it down for me. By the final third I was basically just sprinting through the whole game to see out the story.

Still, for those that enjoyed the first start to finish that looks pretty swank.

-Horizon-

Yep that looked like Outlast on a farm alright.

Though I gotta ask, is there no limit to how long you can stay underwater? You would think that that hiding spot wouldn't last forever.

Teeth

Using the L/R volume indicators on the camera screen is a really smart diegetic UI element.

Also, dead babies in an opening trailer: ballsy.

Thewonandonly

I finished the first one and it was terrifying. But let's all be honest here that ending segment was retarded and I hope they don't have a supernatural twist at the end like that :(

Z3M0G

Holy crap... VR inspiration just hit me.

Imagine playing this in actual VR and holding a virtual night vision camera in your hand, and all you could see is what you could see through that camera. Frightening! You could hold it further away from your body to peak around corners and everything.

Thewonandonly

Holy crap... VR inspiration just hit me.

Imagine playing this in actual VR and holding a virtual night vision camera in your hand, and all you could see is what you could see through that camera. Frightening! You could hold it further away from your body to peak around corners and everything.
I know I can't wait until VR gets big and we can have game like this and alien isolation on it. I may shit my pants but it will be totally worth it

New setting looks really cool, I hope they add something to the gameplay though. It's hard to keep just this basic running and hiding interesting for the full length of even a short game. They don't have to add combat mechanics, but something to keep things more interesting, the battery management in the original never really became an issue for me.

I had the first one and it's just too much for me. These first-person-hide-seek games just build up way to much tension since it's always downtime and you're waiting for "the thing" to happen. If there was some combat it would be easier to play. Other wise it looks like a really cool setting.

Reedirect

Setting and cult theme seem great, but I hope they can keep things interesting after both Outlast and Whistleblower. No new mechanics in sight.

Rymuth

A chase through the cornfields!!

God, this is going to be the scariest game ever! Loved Outlast, so looking forward to this.

WOOOOOAH.

Yes. I'm super super pumped for this bad boy. That video showed me that that's all the change I need to be really invested.

A farm is probably the scariest setting for me soooooo this'll be a good one. The new hiding stuff looks A+.

Afro

Where exactly does this take place, Midwestern U.S.?

I love this setting.

Rural > Urban every time.

Anung

Un Rama
Looks great. Getting some Condemned Apple Seed Orchard vibes from the setting. I'm expecting great things from this as the leap in quality from Outlast 1 to Whistleblower was crazy. You can tell the team really want to improve.

Are video cameras like that waterproof though? really bothered me when they submerged into the dirty water.

Beerham

Banned
When I finished Outlast I said I would never play it again. It was awesome, but Scary as fuck being chased by murderous naked men.

Edit: also is there a current release date for this? I didn't know it existed.

Top Bottom