• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shadow warrior 2 footage from pax

I didn't really love the reboot (or the original game for that matter), I thought it was good, but not great. But this looks like a really big improvement based on all the footage shown so far. Looking forward to it.

KKRT00

Day one for me. Loved the first game and waiting for this sequel since they announced it.

Graphics look amazing too, i hope that i'll get Pascal before this launches :)

Such a good year for SP FPS games: Shadow Warrior 2, Squadron 42 and Dishonored 2 (maybe Doom too, will see).

Mr. Tibbs

Wow, looks like FPS GOTY 2016 has already been decided (along with Superhot).

I couldn't agree more. Nothing else on the horizon is in the same league.

I love the Devolver marketing team so much!
VTQNRQW.png

j3LExiZ.jpg

AJ_Wings

Movement and combat looks freakin' amazing.

Also, interesting they're going for more open-ish levels this time. I'm usually in favor for more linear design but I didn't care much for the level design SW2013 and Hard Reset so let's see how that turns out.

Liking what I see so far. I just hope there is good balance for solo gamers in addition to co-op ones. So many co-op games get this wrong and seem to punish the solo player for playing alone.

The gameplay and graphics look amazing. The rooftop section of the demo sold me on the game. This looks like the type of game that would be so satisfying once you get good at it.

Look really good. It reminds me that I still have to play the reboot, or the original for that sake. But right now I'm still battling my way through Blood, what a masterpiece.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
They've gone open world now?

I guess I'm down with that, hopefully it's better paced than the first game.

The exact phrase was "open-world areas", so I'm thinking it's more akin to, say, Borderlands -- separate wide, open spaces rather than a single large world.

Dunlop

I keep hovering over the purchase button Shadow Warriors for the PS4 Flash sale lol. I know nothing about it but looks "old school"

The exact phrase was "open-world areas", so I'm thinking it's more akin to, say, Borderlands -- separate wide, open spaces rather than a single large world.

Yeah, I thought that was said but couldn't check as I was in a rush. As that's the case, it allows for a lot more variety. Something I thought the first game had but also didn't take full advantage of.

Too many samey looking areas in the first game, hopefully they'll change that up this time around.

Day one for me. Loved the first game and waiting for this sequel since they announced it.

Graphics look amazing too, i hope that i'll get Pascal before this launches :)

Such a good year for SP FPS games: Shadow Warrior 2, Squadron 42 and Dishonored 2 (maybe Doom too, will see).

Dishonored 2 is this year? I doubt it...
Wait, the development studio is 100 people big? That explains a few things then

"We got dot wang!"

And the actual Shadow Warrior team he said was 60+. That's really impressive for what's on display.

JaseC

Yeah. We still don't have anything except the CG trailer, right? Mightn't we be as close to Dishonored 2 as we are to Cyberpunk?

I wouldn't rule out a gameplay trailer at E3 that serves as an announcement of a Q4 release date, similar to Fallout 4. There's really no need for elongated, slow-burning marketing campaigns these days.

I wouldn't rule out a gameplay trailer at E3 that serves as an announcement of a Q4 release date, similar to Fallout 4. There's really no need for elongated, slow-burning marketing campaigns these days.
Oh yeah I love that strategy. But I don't think Dishonored is Fallout or Nintendo or GTA big where they can just drop it without needing a whole campaign like other Bethesda published games (Wolfenstein, DOOM, The Evil Within, Brink, Battlecry).

PnCIa

The first Shadow Warrior deserves a lot more love than it gets. I didnt have more fun with an FPS for a couple of years...i think Bulletstorm and Serious Sam 3 were a ton of fun too but those are older still.

I can imagine that they have areas like in Duke3d or Doom (not the new one) in this game since someone on the video talks about alternative pathways and "open worldish" areas.
And 4 players coop, wohooo. I am still baffled that the new Doom doesnt seem to have coop at all.

Also, those guys should revive Duke Nukem next. If Randy Pitchford has a brain and lets them do it.

JaseC

Oh yeah I love that strategy. But I don't think Dishonored is Fallout or Nintendo or GTA big where they can just drop it without needing a whole campaign like other Bethesda published games (Wolfenstein, DOOM, The Evil Within, Brink, Battlecry).

I'm not saying that games backed by publishers or self-funded by reputed developers don't need marketing, but rather devising a campaign that stretches across several months if not more than a year and drip feeds information at each interval is completely and utterly unnecessary in this day and age of virtually universal internet access.

Also, those guys should revive Duke Nukem next. If Randy Pitchford has a brain and lets them do it.

I like the idea that DNF should have been something of a self-parody, with Duke not having any significant relevance in a post-80s/90s world that has moved beyond the adoration of egotistical, hedonistic action heroes, and the character himself lacking any sense of self-awareness of how displaced he has become; however, with the people of Earth at their wits end following an alien invasion, they very begrudgingly turn to Duke, his inflated ego and off-putting one-liners to once more help save the day, with the fact that the decision was a last resort being something that the NPCs impress upon him at every turn but it just falls on deaf ears as he's convinced that everybody still loves him.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Not a fan of the open ended levels. It looks like a more densely packed Serious Sam level than something you'd see in the 90s Shadow Warrior.

Really like the look of this. I thought that the reboot was fun but it had its share of issues. Weapons didn't feel like they provided enough feedback, and the game was quite repetitive at times.

This looks to resolve that, with more feedback and much more gameplay variety. It also looks a lot more appealing aesthetically.

I would recommend the first game though. It's decent and the story is neat.

Top Bottom