• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda will be the only playable game Nintendo has E3 this year

NESpowerhouse

Perhaps he's wondering why someone would shoot a man before throwing him out of a plane.
Q3OjVSu.gif

Just replace Ubisoft with Nintendo.

If Zelda is the single only game they have playable at E3, that MUST mean they have a very special event of their own that they're cooking up.

It's like they are literally skipping E3 without admitting it.

Do you think Spaceworld or something of the sort is happening? That would be HUGE if they revived Spaceworld and just did it all their own way like that.

Sify64

No.

"The Wii U version of the game will be playable for the first time on the E3 show floor, and it will be the only playable game Nintendo presents at the show, in order to provide attendees a complete immersion."

No-one buys that... Nintendo... Why u lying for

Feichaw

There must be something more to this. It doesn't make any sense. Why would they need such a big space for just one game?

They're hiding something.

No.

"The Wii U version of the game will be playable for the first time on the E3 show floor, and it will be the only playable game Nintendo presents at the show, in order to provide attendees a complete immersion."

Just fucking sad. Legitimately just saddens me.

Nintendo had an amazing run.

AdanVC

What? WHAT? WA--- Ok. no I'm done with Nintendo. It's cool we're finally going to get to see Zelda but that means they will not announce other new games during E3 like they do every year?????? Or I'm I misunderstanding something here??

Anth0ny

this is absolute fucking insanity

only nintendo can drop a wednesdayton like this

THEY'RE BRINGING ONE GAME TO E3

ON A DEAD PLATFORM

WHY EVEN SHOW UP

JUST STAY HOME

oti

Banned
My guess would be they want to transition their E3 presence from press event to entertainment avenue.

Smash Tournament
Nintendo World Championships

and so on

MLH

???
What are you doing Nintendo?!
Who thought this was a good idea?
Then they literally have nothing new to show at E3 this year other than Zelda & 3rd party published stuff like Monster Hunter & Dragon Quest which we already know about. Good god Nintendo you're a mess.

udivision

This can't be true, because there HAS to be at least ONE new game announcement at E3. This seems like a "for now" thing.
Why wouldn't they just say that? Why give the impression that they don't have sbything? They announced color splash already.., but this means That won't be playable.

LMAO Are you guys really thinking that Nintendo is incompetent or something? They obviously have a Grand Master Plan that they haven't revealed yet. When E3 comes you guys will be basking Kimishima's glory.

There's most likely an NX dedicated event coming after E3.

I guess they decided to have a big show when there's mucb less competition for attention.

Taker666

Weirdly.. I quite like this move.

...if you're going to go crazy..it's better to go batshit crazy.

Nintendo is going all in.

Luigiv

Skyward sword minus motion controls sounds like more trouble than its worth though.

Well, it's not like the Wii U has no motion control option, they could just make the WiiMote plus mandatory. They can make it a pack in again (and throw in a nunchuck too this time).

That said, two full priced Zelda remasters in one year on one system seems a bit excessive.

SCChappy

Banned
Definitely need to save all these threads for the future crow eating thread that'll get made when every one here spewing "doomed!!!" posts about buying and enjoying the NX.

mark_79

Banned
Pretty pathetic state of affairs tbh. Doubtless they'll still be showing irrelevant and ancient stuff alongside it too, as they always do. Smash Bros, etc.

Oh and puppets. They'll have puppets too.

They might as well not bother showing up. Why do you do this to us Nintendo, you BASTARDS!!!!

Anth0ny

Playable. That doesn't exclude announcements.

but there won't be nx

so they're going to announce new wii u games that won't be playable? how far out will these wii u games be that they aren't playable at e3?

bracing myself for an awful, awful e3 from nintendo. finding out more about zelda will be neat, but i expect to see more footage from previously announced wii u/3ds titles, and a whole bunch of "we will talk about NX details at a later date, please be excited"

I was hoping for a push for Paper Mario, which still interests me, but from the moment of its announcement it felt like a game they were sweeping under the rug, and this just compounds it.

Since I'd prefer to go in cold anyway, and I'm already in the bag for Zelda, for the first time in over a dozen years I might just bypass E3.

Also note that this substantially diminishes the chances of a return for Treehouse Live, unless this is a situation where a lot of games will be demonstrated by staff but not playable on the show floor—something I could see happening to cover bases like Sun/Moon and Paper Mario (maybe not well suited to time-limited, segmented demos anyway) while giving a final push to Federation Force, TMS#FE, and whatever else is coming down the pipe from indies and/or the eShop.

openrob

I mean how many times has the same game been shown like this at E3.

Seriously Nintendo, this will end up being worse than last year's, which was terrible.

Memory

People are missig the fact that the last two years Nintendo have hired another hall to run the Smash Bros comp & Mario Maker comp. Its fair to assume we will see something else like this.

Definitely need to save all these threads for the future crow eating thread that'll get made when every one here spewing "doomed!!!" posts about buying and enjoying the NX.
It'll be fine. Everybody will be fine when NX is revealed later this year. I'm not even mad lol

If Zelda is the single only game they have playable at E3, that MUST mean they have a very special event of their own that they're cooking up.

It's like they are literally skipping E3 without admitting it.

Do you think Spaceworld or something of the sort is happening? That would be HUGE if they revived Spaceworld and just did it all their own way like that.

That was my thought as well. E3 has been on the decline, and Nintendo really like to do things their own way. This could be their way of slowly backing out.

I'm all in for Space World.

Top Bottom