• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Oxenfree Possesses PS4 on May 31 with a Host of New Features

Loudninja

Trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQckbJoA5rI
Hi, I’m Sean from Night School. We’re losing our minds over here!
We’ve been driving toward this day for a long time, and are ridiculously hyped to announce that on May 31, everyone can enjoy Oxenfree in its coolest, scariest, most mind-freakiest form on PS4.
A quick catch-up on Oxenfree: it’s the debut game from our studio, centering on a girl named Alex who brings her new step-brother Jonas to an overnight party on a decommissioned military island that goes horribly wrong. It’s a supernatural mindscrew of an adventure with tons of different outcomes and story paths that let you shape Alex’s life, the fabric of time and space, and the fate of a bunch of really pissed off ghostly creatures. Think Freaks and Geeks but with possession, time loops, and terror.
We’ve added all kinds of improvements to push the experience beyond anything the public has seen yet, including transforming your DualShock 4 into the game’s supernatural radio via the controller’s speaker and light bar. But the most thrilling addition is the creation of a surreal New Game+ mode that will continue Alex’s story with a new purpose.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016...es-ps4-on-may-31-with-a-host-of-new-features/

Corpekata

Banned
According to their twitter the new features (beyond the DS4 oriented ones obviously) are getting patched into PC and Xbox One versions for those curious.

I was thinking of playing this recently (bought it already) so now will probably just wait for the patch.

Loved this on Xbox One. I'm hoping it gets patched with the new stuff for PC/XB1. PS4-only owners should definitely check the game out.

Cool! Loved this game on xbox, i hope we get a patch with the ng +, but if nog, I have no problem double dipping. Hopefully they took care of the game breaking bugs ghat plagued the original release.

Glad the features are being patched into xb1/PC version, bought it day one and found it to be an amazing game, great cast/voice acting and a cool story. New game+ sounds like it could be great. Hope more people pick it up on the back of a ps4 version.

Ambitious

From my RSS reader:

ox2is8z.png

NEED URL FROM SONY

El-Suave

Cool, my niece asked me for this game when she wanted to play Firewatch a few weeks ago and she was disappointed when I told her that it wasn't on PS4. Will buy this for us day one.

IvanJ

Banned
Will definitely buy this game day one.
Looks very interesting, and I had it on my to buy list ever since it came out on XOne. I am surprised it is coming so quickly to PS4, but that's great.
And with all these new features, I know what I will be playing in the first half of June.

Top Bottom