• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bandai Namco Launches New Dragon Ball Project Teaser Website

Takao

Banned
Bandai Namco has launched a new website at www.flythroughtime.com with the teaser, “A New Dragon Ball Project is Coming”:

The site, which features a slew of promotional artwork from previous Dragon Ball films and games, also contains a countdown timer set to complete tomorrow (17 May 2016)

Dragon Ball XENOVERSE, the franchise’s most recent home console video game, was announced in the May 2014 issue of V-Jump (which, incidentally, leaked via scans online 17 May 2014). XENOVERSE saw the player travel through the timeline of the Dragon Ball franchise to correct changes made by the villains Mira, Towa, and Demigra. As of February 2016, XENOVERSE has shipped over three million copies worldwide.

http://www.kanzenshuu.com/2016/05/16/bandai-namco-launches-new-dragon-ball-project-teaser-website/

Xenoverse was the best DBZ game in years. Only really needs a little more depth and extra stuff/tweaks to make it as good as BT3

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Just as a question: did the Japanese branch ever had two different DB games announced at the same time? Correct me if I'm wrong, but IIRC new Dragon Ball games were always announced after the last ones were released.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
I'm down for Xenoverse 2. First wasn't a classic or anything, but it hit the right notes for me.

Neoxon

Probably Xenoverse 2, which begs the question of if it'll tackle the recent Dragon Ball Super story arc (seeing as Funimation has yet to dub Super).

VegettoEX

Neo Member
was announced in the May 2014 issue of V-Jump
Man, you caught that fast! I quickly corrected that to the July 2014 issue! :)

Just as a question: did the Japanese branch ever had two different DB games announced at the same time? Correct me if I'm wrong, but IIRC new Dragon Ball games were always announced after the last ones were released.

You mean like having a portable game and console game both announced but not yet released (either in Japan or some combination of worldwide)? Yeah, that's pretty common.

Tsunamo

While Project Fusion seems obvious and i'd love for that to come over I really really hope it's Xenoverse 2, especially with new Super arcs giving more material to use.

At least we don't have to wait long to see what it is. I'm used to the Japanese sites launching with no countdown and a coming soon teaser (from memory anyway), so it's nice to only have to wait a day with a countdown.

Was going to say it was the 3DS game coming out soon in Japan but then I saw Xenoverse's box art (minus the logos)
With all the focus on movies, I guess Xenoverse 2 is going to incorporate them in the main plot

Mpl90

Was going to say it was the 3DS game coming out soon in Japan but then I saw Xenoverse's box art (minus the logos)

When I checked the website, they showed also Extreme Butoden's and DBKinect's boxarts, so it features everything involving Dragon Ball, then XD

This is absolutely Xenoverse 2. The website showing basically everything Dragon ball, from the different arcs, the different movies and a lot of the games makes me think this game is going to be huge and positioned as the biggest and most ambitious Dragon Ball game ever.

Hilariously enough this countdown ends on May 17th, the first scans of Xenoverse 1 leaked on May 17th in 2014.

Yes, there have been multiple times when both a console and handheld game where coming out.

Shauni

Probably Xenoverse 2, which begs the question of if it'll tackle the recent Dragon Ball Super story arc (seeing as Funimation has yet to dub Super).

The website has a lot of movie and OG DB promo art in it, so I'm thinking they may focus on film plots this time, as well as maybe some OG DB stuff. I doubt it's fully a coincidence.

Zalman

Love the artwork.

67wS7O8.png

DvntCqS.png

dj8PNaC.png

Forget dubs, I can't even find the show subbed on official outlets like CrunchyRoll or Hulu Plus. I don't know what the fuck Toei is doing with the rights, but it's goddamn ridiculous.

I'm definitely ready for Xenoverse 2. It was great playing a good/great DBZ game after almost a decade.

Neoxon

While Project Fusion seems obvious and i'd love for that to come over I really really hope it's Xenoverse 2, especially with new Super arcs giving more material to use.

At least we don't have to wait long to see what it is. I'm used to the Japanese sites launching with no countdown, so it's nice to only have to wait a day.
And while I would love for those arcs to get in the game, I'm a bit worried that it would come at the cost of the Funimation dub. If I recall, the recent One Piece games didn't get dubbed because Funimation is a bit behind the Japanese release of the anime in terms of what Funimation dubbed already. With Funimation not dubbing Super yet, this may pose a problem. That is, unless Funimation is already in the process of dubbing Super but has yet to reveal it, but that may still raise concerns since they'd still have to get through the re-tellings of both Battle of Gods & Resurrection F before they get to the new stuff.

Holy shit, lol, DBZ for Kinect's box just popped up for me.

DBZ_kinect.png

If there was anything they should have ignored when gathering art for this site, it's this.

Saikyo

If its Xenoverse 2 I hope they have more dubs like pt-br, if not well I hope at least this means Xenoverse will have a 75% sale on Steam : p

Mpl90

Man, you caught that fast! I quickly corrected that to the July 2014 issue! :)

You mean like having a portable game and console game both announced but not yet released (either in Japan or some combination of worldwide)? Yeah, that's pretty common.

This is absolutely Xenoverse 2. The website showing basically everything Dragon ball, from the different arcs, the different movies and a lot of the games makes me think this game is going to be huge and positioned as the biggest and most ambitious Dragon Ball game ever.

Hilariously enough this countdown ends on May 17th, the first scans of Xenoverse 1 leaked on May 17th in 2014.

Yes, there have been multiple times when both a console and handheld game where coming out.

Thanks to both.
Ok, this means it's either

1) Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2
2) Dragon Ball Fusions' Western announcement

And while I would love for those arcs to get in the game, I'm a bit worried that it would come at the cost of the Funimation dub. If I recall, the recent One Piece games didn't get dubbed because Funimation is a bit behind the Japanese release of the anime in terms of what Funimation dubbed already. With Funimation not dubbing Super yet, this may pose a problem. That is, unless Funimation is already in the process of dubbing Super but has yet to reveal it, but that may still raise concerns since they'd still have to get through the re-tellings of both Battle of Gods & Resurrection F before they get to the new stuff.

I'm pretty sure One Piece games stopped getting dubbed because they don't sell enough in the west. Funimation cast Beerus and Whis for the game Battle of Z about a year before the movie Battle of Gods ever came out in the west.

Namikaze

The site has artwork for everything, even games.

Yep. I see Attack of The Saiyans, Xenoverse, Burst Limit, and Extreme Budoten artwork.

I would love a Xenoverse 2 with improvements, but idk, to me it seems like they could be announcing something completely different.

Neoxon

Forget dubs, I can't even find the show subbed on official outlets like CrunchyRoll or Hulu Plus. I don't know what the fuck Toei is doing with the rights, but it's goddamn ridiculous.

I'm definitely ready for Xenoverse 2. It was great playing a good/great DBZ game after almost a decade.
I know, right? You'd think that Toei would at least get one of them to do official subs until Funimation gets the dub ready. Granted, there really shouldn't be any doubt that Funimation would do the dub, but it's taking forever for Toei to seal the deal.

Takao

Banned

That doesn't matter. Funimation has dubbed Dragon Ball games that featured anime content not yet dubbed into English. IIRC Battle of Z launched before Battle of Gods did in the west, and we still don't have that Tarble special.

Neoxon

That doesn't matter. Funimation has dubbed Dragon Ball games that featured anime content not yet dubbed into English. IIRC Battle of Z launched before Battle of Gods did in the west, and we still don't have that Tarble special.
I'm pretty sure One Piece games stopped getting dubbed because they don't sell enough in the west. Funimation cast Beerus and Whis for the game Battle of Z about a year before the movie Battle of Gods ever came out in the west.
Oh, then we shouldn't really have a problem, then. But wouldn't Funimation have casted them for Battle of Gods around that timeframe either way since it was a movie they were recording for?

Samemind

If by recent One Piece games, you mean every game after Unlimited Adventure. Which was brought over in 2008

There are more North American releases of One Piece games that don't have an english dub than those that do.

javac

It has pictures for Budokai 3, Burst Limit, Raging Blast, Ultimate Tenkaichi, and Movies 6, 10 and 15, maybe it's a collection of sorts? Fly through time...

EDIT: Oh the pics change each time, lol my bad.

Line_HTX

The only thing I ask of them is to NOT have RNG on special quest conditions.

Nothing more infuriating in Xenoverse knowing you did everything you can to try and summon the extra enemy but that extra enemy almost never arrives. It's already time consuming to get items and grind enough.

Top Bottom