• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bandai Namco Launches New Dragon Ball Project Teaser Website

Ah yes, rain and the building.
It's probably Future Gohan/Trunk's sad scene :(

This one is the most interesting to me because it's the only one that isn't a box art or promo art.
Well, and this one.
DBZ.png

Two rainy destroyed city images.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
background image, maybe someone can find something on there.

bg.jpg

Sephzilla

I hope it's Xenoverse 2, but I also hope they address the problems Xenoverse had. I loved Xenoverse, but it wasn't perfect. If they can reduce the ridiculous RNG of the first game and make the environments larger and more destructible then I'm on board.

Carlius

Banned
i hope its saint seiya x dbz so we seiya fans can finally show that goku is just all smoke and all talk. do it bamco

I hope it's Xenoverse 2, but I also hope they address the problems Xenoverse had. I loved Xenoverse, but it wasn't perfect. If they can reduce the ridiculous RNG of the first game and make the environments larger and more destructible then I'm on board.

Well Xenoverse was massively successful and Bandai actually decided to give the sequel more than a year of dev time, so I'm going to assume it will be pretty polished.

This has got to be Xenoverse 2 right? The last one was super solid and a big surprise for me. If Xeno 2 is current generation only and offers some other improvements it could be a great game

Okay, so the site says there "may" be hints strewn about all the promo art, and so far I've seen these two that don't fit with the rest of the stuff.
These definitely evoke a History of Trunks feel.
I know it almost definitely isn't this, but my first reaction was wondering if this is tying into the new Super arc that was just announced.

Tsunamo

Oh, then we shouldn't really have a problem, then. But wouldn't Funimation have casted them for Battle of Gods around that timeframe either way since it was a movie they were recording for?
Bandai Namco EU were marketing/teasing Super Saiyan God Goku back as early when Battle of Z was announced for the West in June 2013 (Battle Of Gods cameout in Japan theaters in March 2013 according to wikipedia) whereas the Battle of Gods dub cameout over a year later in August 2014, so the impression I get from that time difference is the Funimation dub really doesn't come into it.

The real question for me personally is how far will they go into Super arcs, if you go by Xenoverses reveal to release time it'll launch early next year, which will probably give Super enough material for a couple more arcs. I hope they at least manage to get the new arc where Future Trunks comesback from the future again into Xenoverse 2 if it is that, feels like it'd fit in perfectly with Xenoverses time shinanigans.
Okay, so the site says there "may" be hints strewn about all the promo art, and so far I've seen these two that don't fit with the rest of the stuff.

These definitely evoke a History of Trunks feel.
I know it almost definitely isn't this, but my first reaction was wondering if this is tying into the new Super arc that was just announced.
Yeah, I thought the same about it having a History of Trunks feel to them, yet standing out from the rest when I saw them. They look like they're pieces of a bigger picture, rather than just promo art, also the direct images are usually labeled anime, movie, game for what category they fit into, but those two are labeled as anime, and the other's labeled games rather than one or the other confusingly.

Revven

If it is xenoverse, I hope they halt change the battle system. It should play more like tenkaichi budokai 3

It won't play like that because it's a completely different developer. It's Dimps. It will play like the first Xenoverse but probably way more polished and probably more combos.

Namikaze

Oh, the website name is called fly through time..it's definitely Xenoverse. I'm really looking forward to seeing how they improve the combat and character models (well, if they improve the latter).

Loved Xenoverse, although I'm sad it sold so little on PC, even when they did such a nice job with the port.
I mean, I could play it maxed at 1440p on a GTX 660!
But even then it sold about 420k, so I wonder if they'll work as hard as they did with the supposed sequel's port.

Loved Xenoverse, although I'm sad it sold so little on PC, even when they did such a nice job with the port.
I mean, I could play it maxed at 1440p on a GTX 660!
But even then it sold about 420k, so I wonder if they'll work as hard as they did with the supposed sequel's port.

"so little" "420k" Yeah... You're a bit excessive here :p

Nesther

Just started Xenoverse a few days ago, and hope they use the foundation they built for further projects. Making your own character and looking for cool new skills to use in combat is so satisfying. I just hope it gets a lot of polish. The Hub world is kinda janky compared to the rest of the game.

Also do something about the RNG, it's kinda overkill.

delSai

Xenoverse 2 has a lot of potential... Xenoverse wasn't perfect, there sure is room for improvement but some of the things it did were really cool.

Aru

Haven't played Xenoverse but what I read in reviews/comments didn't seem good enough for me. I hope it's either something else or DB Fusions localization.
If it's Xenoverse 2, I hope the game gets a major overhaul. After all, Budokai 1, Tenkaichi 1, Raging Blast 1 were all flawed games that got massively improved sequels.

BiggNife

Xenoverse 2 would be good

XV1 was a solid base but it needed more balance and polish. The difficulty was way too uneven and grinding was a pain.

Spaghetti

Xenoverse is fun, but there's so much you can improve.

Hopefully Bandai Namco's take-away from the success of the first game is "Let's refine and revise the formula to keep the series a success", rather than "Let's pump out a cheap sequel".

Xenoverse is fun, but there's so much you can improve.

Hopefully Bandai Namco's take-away from the success of the first game is "Let's refine and revise the formula to keep the series a success", rather than "Let's pump out a cheap sequel".

I imagine if they just wanted to pump out a cheap sequel they would have done so within a year's time like they've always done.

Eh, maybe I am. But 420k out of 3million seems kinda low, especially with how good of a port it was.

That's more than 14% of the total sales, if we consider the 3M figure is total sold and not shipped. I dont know where you got the idea 14% was a low number for a game released on 5 platforms

That's more than 14% of the total sales, if we consider the 3M figure is total sold and not shipped. I dont know where you got the idea 14% was a low number for a game released on 5 platforms
I totally forgot that it also released on last gen, that does help.

Reszo

Please be Xenoverse 2. Get rid of that damn RNG( or fix the RNGception), more character creation options, Janemba, and PRACTICE MODE, what's up with these recent anime fighting games not having a practice mode.

More emphasis on Dragon Ball, I hope. That was one of my favorite parts of Budokai Tenkaichi 3.

Also they gotta tone down that RNG. Meeting all the special requirements and not getting bonus fights because the game decided "nah" was infuriating.

Dark_castle

I wish for it to be a RPG rather than a fighting game. Man, why do they barely make Dragon Ball RPG anymore?

I know fusion, but that one looks really weird.

est1992

Hope it's Xenoverse 2 with some nice destruction physics and current gen only.

Just take all the best elements from each DBZ game and mesh it in. GIve us transformations, beam struggles, destruction, everything.

Top Bottom