• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bandai Namco Launches New Dragon Ball Project Teaser Website

:")
Deep inside of me, I actually hoped for Tenkaichi 4 :")
Anyway, I'm currently playing Xenoverse, I hope they'll get rid of the shitty RNG.
I had to farm 5 hours of a quest to get a small object.... But at least I got Super Saiyan 2 on 3rd try.
Tenkaichi 4 would have season passes and DLC up the ass though. :(

Takao

Banned
After the Raging Blast duo, Ultimate Tenkaichi and J-Stars, I don't know why anyone would want Spike Chunsoft to return to this franchise.

After the Raging Blast duo, Ultimate Tenkaichi and J-Stars, I don't know why anyone would want Spike Chunsoft to return to this franchise.

The problem comes down to the direction. Not the developper. Dimps could make it considering Xenoverse is close to this.

Ultimate Tenkaichi wasn't great and the battle system of J-Stars is far from perfect (even if I enjoyed it), One Piece Burning Blood, their next game, seems better but Tenkaichi/Raging Blast still have the best gameplay.

Dimps had a good base with Xenoverse, it was a nice (but not great) combination of Budokai and Budokai Tenkaichi, if they improve the gameplay (and the presentation), it can be really good.

:")
Deep inside of me, I actually hoped for Tenkaichi 4 :")
Anyway, I'm currently playing Xenoverse, I hope they'll get rid of the shitty RNG.
I had to farm 5 hours of a quest to get a small object.... But at least I got Super Saiyan 2 on 3rd try.

I want RNG to stay because it adds to the replayability, but they certainly need to make it a whole lot better. Drop rates can be ridiculous sometimes and getting the Ultimate Finish part of a quest should not be RNG based.

A little disappointed they kept the same graphical style, but it looks like we're getting some awesome CG cutscenes this time. Also holy shit at the hub world.
Glad to see they are filling in the holes left in the roster in the first game and are putting in movie characters as well!
Hopefully we Super characters soon.

EDIT: HOLY SHIT, IT COMES OUT THIS YEAR!

A little disappointed they kept the same graphical style, but it looks like we're getting some awesome CG cutscenes this time. Also holy shit at the hub world.
Glad to see they are filling in the holes left in the roster in the first game and are putting in movie characters as well!

Same here, it would have been great to see the Burst Limit style, specially since it's only current gen...

I hope they improved the battle gameplay, shame we see nothing in the trailer.

Stuart444

Based on the teaser website, I think plenty of movies, some original DB stuff (movies or series?) and Super stuff will all be in.

Hopefully enough up to Universe arc from Super.

I'm hyped :D.

No developer in the trailer.

Lolwut? Dimps's name comes front and center.
Based on the teaser website, I think plenty of movies, some original DB stuff (movies or series?) and Super stuff will all be in.

Hopefully enough up to Universe arc from Super.

I'm hyped :D.

The game comes out this year so the Trunks arc should be either near its end or over by the time it comes out. Hopefully the game either has the Trunks arc at launch or as a DLC pack. I'm positive we'll at least get the Tournament arc.

Stalk

I'll wait a bit before biting, wasn't super bowled over by Xenoverse but it had potential. It's a great fan service title after all.

It looks like they're expanding the scope quite a bit if the Dragon Ball posters are to be believed as well. mitebcool.

Revven

I'm guessing they are going to go all out with the roster this time, I mean it looks like even Teen Trunks might be in.

Seeing Lord Slug there and Turles is pretty indicative to me that the roster will be much, much bigger than XV1. XV1's was already decent in size but now that they don't have to work on an engine for this they can focus on just everything else they couldn't last time around.

I just hope there's some marked improvements in netcode, story (go crazier with the what-ifs), customization, custom character balance, the HUB world (maybe get an option for just a menu to select stuff?) and so on.

I'm also happy to see Zarbon and Dodoria. Been soooo long since they were in a game.

Press release.

SANTA CLARA, Calif., (May 17, 2016) – BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America Inc. the premier publisher of anime videogames today announces DRAGON BALL® XENOVERSE 2, the most expansive Dragon Ball® videogame experience to-date. DRAGON BALL XENOVERSE 2 is currently in development at famed Osaka, Japan based videogame developer DIMPS and will be available for the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, Xbox One, and STEAM® for PC. DRAGON BALL XENOVERSE 2 is scheduled to launch in the Americas in 2016.

Developed to fully utilize the power of current generation gaming consoles and PCs; DRAGON BALL XENOVERSE 2 builds upon the highly popular DRAGON BALL XENOVERSE with enhanced graphics that will further immerse players into the largest and most detailed Dragon Ball world ever developed. DRAGON BALL XENOVERSE 2 will deliver a new hub city and the most character customization choices to date among a multitude of new features and special upgrades. Additional details and features pertaining to DRAGON BALL XENOVERSE 2 will be revealed at E3 2016 (June 14-16) in BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America Inc.’s demo theaters, located in rooms 303A&B in the South Hall of the Los Angeles Convention Center.

“The Dragon Ball franchise is a crown jewel and a perennial fan-favorite of BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment’s robust anime videogame portfolio and DRAGON BALL XENOVERSE 2 will build upon that illustrious legacy.” said Eric Hartness, Vice President of Marketing at BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America Inc. “With DRAGON BALL XENOVERSE 2, we’re working diligently with the DIMPS team to pull out all the stops and push the Dragon Ball videogame experience to new heights.”
Not much new here other then them confirming there is lots more customization. I'm ready for E3!

Revven

Press release.

Not much new here other then them confirming there is lots more customization. I'm ready for E3!

The most noticeable aspect so far that I can see from that trailer about taking advantage of the current gen are the cutscenes they showed. They're much better looking. Just look at the Teen Trunks scene and Bardock and Frieza scenes in particular. In fact, you can probably directly compare the latter scene with XV1's and I'm sure XV2's looks a ton better (just going off of memory right now). Buuuut then again those are probably CG/pre-rendered anyway lol.

But the in-game models look roughly the same. I'm not really surprised. Though, it's hard to really get any solid comparisons when it's only a few seconds of the trailer anyway.

We'll be able to see more at E3 at least! So not too long of a wait.

cHinzo

Looks good. Just lemme run in the hub, ditch the RNG events (guess they can keep the RNG drops since a lot of RPGs has it, but at least give us the event if we meet all the requirements), stop nerfing cool skills (rip Super Electric Strike) and put some more fun supers in the game. Would also like if they fixed the Ki blasts spamming and if they put u back in front of the PQ office, instead of finishing a quest and run all the way back towards the office. -_- Still liked Xenoverse 1 enough to put 60 hours in it.

lol current gen only but it looks just like the first game....

But it does look like they are putting more effort into it instead of just adding the missing characters so I'm all in.

Lagamorph

Looks good. Just lemme run in the hub

From that trailer it looks like you can fly in the hub.

I hope they take a bit of inspiration from Dragonball Heroes with some of the "What if" scenarios and giving characters additional transformations.

OmegaDL50

If it comes out this year, it's a probably a fair estimate to say it's using the same SF4 engine as the previous Xenoverse, although it would have been nice for them to use the SF5 engine instead.

In the gameplay portions of the hub world the character assets looked nearly identical to the previous create a character models.

So while there may be some improvements, I wouldn't expect this game to be the massive current-gen overall people are hoping for.

If they don't have the RNG be completely out of control then I am optimistic.

Top Bottom