• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bandai Namco Launches New Dragon Ball Project Teaser Website

VariantX

as long as it's a current-gen game , it might be possible

With the way Japan holds on to old hardware like grim death, I expect there to be a PS3 version holding the game back. I'd be happy if it was 60 fps on consoles. Made no sense to me that a game built around ps3 limitations could not run 60 on ps4

NeonZ

The "Assault on the Hell Gate" story from Dragonball Heroes sounds like it could be a neat addition to the game just due to the assets it adds, even though story-wise it's a mess. Towa, Mira and Dabura all return with power ups and break open the gates of hell again, like in the Super 17 saga. Super 17 is revived and absorbs 18, while Gohan goes SSJ4. Then when the heroes beat all of them, Brolly escapes from hell and power ups to SSJ4, becoming the final enemy. Dragonball Heroes also has versions of Goku and Vegeta with the power of the dragons.

Mortemis

Banned
The first xenoverse was good but it could be sooooooo much better.

First step is to keep this on current gen and throw more money at it. That new Naruto game looks amazing, I don't expect it to be that good but much better than the first with real time environment destruction is not too much to ask for I hope.

There's a boatload of other things I want on this, like less rng, better combat, and quests, so I hope they bring their A-game since I want an amazing DB game so bad again.

Really hope it's not a sequel to Xenoverse. We've had enough games where you can fly around freely in an open area. I would love something similar to Bust Limit.

schaft0620

The gameplay elements of the Xenoverse can be improved on a ton but I don't know where you go with the story.

Go back in time again?

KHlover

Banned
With the way Japan holds on to old hardware like grim death, I expect there to be a PS3 version holding the game back. I'd be happy if it was 60 fps on consoles. Made no sense to me that a game built around ps3 limitations could not run 60 on ps4
Didn't sales of Xenoverse run circles around Japan in the West? I hope that influenced platform choice for the sequel.

Verelios

The "Assault on the Hell Gate" story from Dragonball Heroes sounds like it could be a neat addition to the game just due to the assets it adds, even though story-wise it's a mess. Towa, Mira and Dabura all return with power ups and break open the gates of hell again, like in the Super 17 saga. Super 17 is revived and absorbs 18, while Gohan goes SSJ4. Then when the heroes beat all of them, Brolly escapes from hell and power ups to SSJ4, becoming the final enemy. Dragonball Heroes also has versions of Goku and Vegeta with the power of the dragons.
That sounds horrible. I'm getting chills now and have to Google heroes hoping this isn't true.

Beth Cyra

That sounds like it'd be fun in a more traditional DBZ game.

The gameplay elements of the Xenoverse can be improved on a ton but I don't know where you go with the story.

Go back in time again?
There are still time periods that could be used and there are still events in the previous timelines that can be changed in order to create new scenarios.

And that's not even counting the SUPER saga/events

So, it's not possible, is what you're saying.

xenoverse had a good base , they just need to improve on it

Tfw Master Roshi is considered more important to put on the poster than Gohan
ivzix4pe.jhm.png

Verder

xenoverse 2 PLEASE.

and this time when you transform just melt my damn gpu/cpu and make the whole arena xplode into flames

Nordicus

Fuck, I hope they fix the spamming. Pvp was horrible because of it.
Meh, unless it was about spamming moves with obscene true invincibility frames, you could just get close, Arm Crash, and the spammer is fucking toast because for the next 5 seconds a gentle breeze will stagger them

I have a strong feeling it's a sequel to Xenoverse. Either that or localization of Dragon Ball fusions. I'm also still surprised we don't have a Tenkaichi HD collection yet.

Tsunamo

I was always curious about the Future Timeline in regards to specific events.

For example Babidi showing up on Earth and hiding Buu, like some sort of what if scenario of Future Babidi in the Future Timeline when Trunks is the only remaining living hero since Goku died from the heart virus and everyone else was wiped out by the Androids.

So it makes you wonder how Future Trunks could possibly deal with a Future Buu.

Maybe this is why he comes back a third time in the current timeline because there is a threat in his timeline he needs help with.
They actually covered this in Shin Budokai 2 if you're interested. The whole games plotline was about what-if Buu showed up in the Future and Trunks getting help from the past Z-Fighters who had already dealt with Buu in the main timeline.
I have a strong feeling it's a sequel to Xenoverse. Either that or localization of Dragon Ball fusions. I'm also still surprised we don't have a Tenkaichi HD collection yet.
I feel like it was partly due to timing. We had Raging Blast, Raging Blast 2, Ultimate Tenkaichi and then DBZ Kinect (though the latter isn't really, it has a similar premise to Ultimate Tenkaichi minus the first person Kinect stuff) and then folks wanted another DIMPS/Budokai game and we got the Budokai HD Collection (and eventually Xenoverse) so I felt like there wasn't really a ripe time for it.

Having it as a stopgap collection until the next release one year would be cool though.

Nordicus

Also, please add actual AI this time Dimps.

It's preferrable to having every other character in later missions having near constant super armor

T-Rex.

Banned
It'll never happen but Legacy of Goku 2 on PS4 pls. GOAT DBZ game.

It'll be Xenoverse 2 which is still good but hopefully all the RNG crap is removed.

Zelias

Banned
If it's not Xenoverse 2 I'm going to be super disappointed. All the movie and OG Dragonball art is interesting too, guess we'll be seeing those characters! I'd like for them to go crazy with the fanservicey shit Heroes does too, like SSJ4 Gohan.

Lagamorph

If it does have Dragonball Super content then I hope Funimation get onto actually dubbing the series before the game comes out so I can actually watch it first.

I just want burst limit 2 made by dimps that ends at kid buu saga. A proper storyline (no alternative timeline) with naruto storm level of cinematics. I guess that isn't happening anymore.

Hwy guys ..

Sure some of you might know about it .. but here

This is what a next gen dragon ball game should be ...

Look at the other videos

https://youtu.be/XTQdcbUQMWI

The maker just released a demo so if you have a pc that can run it go for it it's a blast to play around

This would be so epic if it had the backing of Bandai ...
https://youtu.be/rAxU2lVh7Dg
No, I'd rather a Dragon Ball game actually look like the show, not this...

Alpha_eX

That stuff BrunoM posted it awful, it looks nothing like the show and the UI is really bad. I really hope a Dragonball game never looks like that.

I'm hyped for a next gen Dragonball game, especially with some of the Super characters thrown in.

BrunoM

I appreciate the effort, but hell no.
Well that's my point .. plus the destruction it uses unreal and the destruction is really nice ...

Yes my main request would be for it to be the same look as the anime .. or close to the new naruto games ..

The point of the videos just that one person can do and Bandai could do so much more with dragon ball

zeromcd73

A guy got V-Jump early. Confirmed the game is Xenoverse 2. No platforms given.

Also confirmed a game called Digimon Universe Application Monsters. Service starts in Autumn. Probably some iOS game.

A guy got V-Jump early. Confirmed the game is Xenoverse 2. No platforms given.

Also confirmed a game called Digimon Universe Application Monsters. Service starts in Autumn. Probably some iOS game.

Well, reading this post was a little less exciting then watching a mysterious countdown that was only 2 hours away tick down to some kind of official reveal

Ah well I need to sleep anyway

Absolutely shocked.

:")
Deep inside of me, I actually hoped for Tenkaichi 4 :")
Anyway, I'm currently playing Xenoverse, I hope they'll get rid of the shitty RNG.
I had to farm 5 hours of a quest to get a small object.... But at least I got Super Saiyan 2 on 3rd try.

Top Bottom