• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch Dogs 2 Trailer Leaks on Twitch

The vitriol towards a perceived appeal to youth culture never stops surprising me.

What is it about this particular marketing angle that upsets people so much?

It's fine if you don't personally care for the tone they're going for, but this much negativity seems excessive.

You see it all over. It's not just a gaming thing. People just can't accept that they are old now and not everything is marketed at them.

Hell, I won't lie, I'm not looking forward to playing as a protag in skinny ass jeans either, but he looks hella more masculine than the typical FF hero.

Some Nobody

giphy.gif

I never asked for this

This game is gonna sell millions, so uhhh...sure.

komplanen

I don't think I want this even a little bit. I hope they show some footage with leaves rustling in the autumn and a dark city glistened in fresh rainfall.

Stupid music and people walking around does nothing for me.

Gazkapop

I get what people mean when they say that the trailer is trying a bit too hard to be cool but it's nowhere near as bad as I thought it'd be based off the reactions I heard beforehand.

Interested to see if the parkour stuff translates directly into the gameplay in any way.

Sojgat

I don't think I want this even a little bit. I hope they show some footage with leaves rustling in the autumn and a dark city glistened in fresh rainfall.

Stupid music and people walking around does nothing for me.

If they pull a Far Cry and get rid of the rain and weather effects, I'll be pretty upset.

I loved just wandering around and soaking in the atmosphere of the first game. The rural areas were better than the city environments IMO.

Disappointed its a CG trailer, was hoping for gameplay, maybe at E3 they will show the real thing.

It's an ad so it's kind of logic it doesn't really show gameplay. It's not the reveal trailer or anything. I'm not saying the reveal trailer won't be CG either (it will probably be CG and they'll keep the gameplay for their conference) but this is just an ad that leaked.

I dunno, it looks like a better angle than the "dour anger man causes wanton destruction for situation he caused/continues to cause" from the first game.

Like, if anything, that they're trying to make the new character in any way appealing shows that they took some of the first game's criticism to heart.

I'll...keep an eye on it? It'd be great if this was this franchise's Assassin's Creed 2/Brotherhood. Or better, AC: Syndicate.

God this thing is gonna be rotten with tired internet memes, isn't it?

Setsuna

Going by the posts on the first page I thought it was going to be really bad, but i enjoyed the trailer

Definitely taking a different tone from the first game

Kinyou

Apparently it's all about being cool and starting a revolution? Not really what I'm interested in but better than revenge plot #200

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOsT8xeQKhQ

this is fake right? because dear god that song is hot garbage. the anon-inspired group looks corny too but eh whatever.

i just hope they keep the gunplay and animation from the first game intact. that shit was lit, made the game pretty fun to play during combat encounters. the ubisoft missions and open world was a load of shit but the core gameplay was SOLID.

edit: omg it's real? lmao worst game trailer of the year.

RedSnake

Never played the first one because it looked boring to me.

I'm waiting for gameplay obviously but I dig the whole "fuck the system" vibe I'm getting from this CG trailer more than the generic antihero working in the shadows of the first game.

that makes me 4/10 interested in this game as of now.

Let's see how this evolves.

right....just odd to be making a song about disabled people i guess...

It's pretty messed up. For us foreigners, I think we all feel the same way when we see an American using 'spaz' as Americans do when they see another country obliviously using blackface in some weird old tradition. It's sort of a incredulous 'do you really not see how this is offensive?' feeling (and of course, they genuinely don't see how it is offensive).

this is fake right? because dear god that song is hot garbage. the anon-inspired group looks corny too but eh whatever.

i just hope they keep the gunplay and animation from the first game intact. that shit was lit, made the game pretty fun to play during combat encounters. the ubisoft missions and open world was a load of shit but the core gameplay was SOLID.

I thought it was some kind of Need For Speed commercial for 12 y olds. Absolutely awful.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Oof. if you'd have told me that was a new Marc Ecko game I'd believe you. Not sure what that was suppose to be.

Skux

It's a wonder the first game didn't involve any remote controlled drones, which we now see in the new trailer. Really goes to show how they've exploded in popularity over the past few years.

Disxo

It's a wonder the first game didn't involve any remote controlled drones, which we now see in the new trailer. Really goes to show how they've exploded in popularity over the past few years.
The dlc had an RC car, but I see your point.
Drones are a much bigger deal than they were 2 years ago.

viHuGi

Banned

Wtf did i just watched?

LukasF

I honestly can't figure out if I liked the trailer or not, but I'd just like to point out:

1) we're all talking about it
2) we're all linking it to our friends
3) I personally watched it like 3 times
4) you'll never get "spaz if you want to" out of your head, ever

So.... .... ...mission accomplished..??

Looking forward to next week :)

sappyday

I was hoping they would take some cues from Mr. Robot.

Although at least we ain't playing as 40 year old trench wearing wannabe badass.

Rob85Fr

Neo Member
Honestly, despite some extremely cringe-worthy moments, the gameplay possibilities explained here looks cool, like parkour for example (so FPS camera possibility ?)

xRaizen

I hope we can customize the main character (not just jackets...) or at least give us character customization for MP.

dcelw540

I must be the only one who liked Aiden I hope he has atleast have an appearance in this game with how the last game ended.

Scotia

Banned
Trailer was alright, nothing special. Did it's job establishing stuff for a 30 second teaser. People going overboard though on the Ubi-hate calling this the worst trailer ever lol.

Akai__

Now that was a horrible trailer and horrible music choice, in my opinion of course.

How many hours until todays reveal again?

Top Bottom