• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch Dogs 2 Trailer Leaks on Twitch

kvn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOsT8xeQKhQ

this is fake right? because dear god that song is hot garbage. the anon-inspired group looks corny too but eh whatever.

i just hope they keep the gunplay and animation from the first game intact. that shit was lit, made the game pretty fun to play during combat encounters. the ubisoft missions and open world was a load of shit but the core gameplay was SOLID.

edit: omg it's real? lmao worst game trailer of the year.

The fuck did I just watch.

The vitriol towards a perceived appeal to youth culture never stops surprising me.

What is it about this particular marketing angle that upsets people so much?

It's fine if you don't personally care for the tone they're going for, but this much negativity seems excessive.

I've learnt to accept that there will be very negative opinions here on Gaf whenever a game is debuted, even if it doesn't make sense, so just roll with it.

People have recently judged Horizon's entire story as shit based on the new trailer just like how people have nearly written off WD2 with a 30 second ad.
And yes I'm on the more negative end of WD2 which is ironic.

Shaanyboi

Banned
68748683.jpg

giphy.gif

I think the trailer is alright, considering.

Barely worse than any other CG reveal trailer I've seen.

At least this one was short.

*shrug*

Nere

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOsT8xeQKhQ

this is fake right? because dear god that song is hot garbage. the anon-inspired group looks corny too but eh whatever.

i just hope they keep the gunplay and animation from the first game intact. that shit was lit, made the game pretty fun to play during combat encounters. the ubisoft missions and open world was a load of shit but the core gameplay was SOLID.

edit: omg it's real? lmao worst game trailer of the year.

You are kidding me right? This is the trailer? lol If true worst gaming trailer confirmed.

That trailer was a complete clusterfuck. I have no idea what I'm supposed to identify with or why this should be "appealing" in the slightest.

Take the Sex Pistols, bring them into our era, make one of them a 16 year old tech junky with ADHD, give him acid, give him a cellphone and let him loose on the streets of a city...and that's basically what this trailer is.

So. Fucking. "EDGY".

platocplx

Weird at what conclusions some are bringing based on a 30 second clip lmao.

Looking forward to see more of what they are doing with the game. Im intrigued.

nel e nel

The vitriol towards a perceived appeal to youth culture never stops surprising me.

What is it about this particular marketing angle that upsets people so much?

It's fine if you don't personally care for the tone they're going for, but this much negativity seems excessive.

When the average age of video game players is 34, and the average age of the most frequent game buyer is 39, appeals to the 15-24 y/o market get real tired real quick.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Haha that was even worse than i was prepared for and that says something.

Visceir

What makes you think that? Honest question.

I think by now Ubisoft has learned from their mistakes and at this point it has been enough time since their "bad" games for them to adapt to the criticism this time around. They've made great games in the recent-past (FC3, Black Flag), so it's not like the talent isn't there.

The tone of the trailer doesn't seem to be all too serious and just pure fun.

Rather than going "that's not what youth culture is like nowadays!" I choose to just view it for what it is -- a fictional universe.

A game with a light-hearted youthful tone with a young hacker who does small-time crimes and eventually gets in serious trouble sounds perfect right now.

The trailer also showed off some new gameplay elements which I'm curious about, can't specify that right now tho as the trailer was pulled.

I don't really get the hate - im glad they are taking a very different tone from watch dogs 1

Im really intrigued!

Gaf is a strange place - Sunset overdrive is another example of a game that tonally seems like it tries too hard but I remember gaf liking the tone that game took - I know its different but even still

platocplx

By and large people have already decided how they feel about this game without seeing it.
Yeah I think this bodes more to people seeing what ever they want to see and pretty much mads up their mind going in.

Me. Ill be waiting for gameplay and the rhe official trailer today. If its anything close to the original but with smart changes im in. I liked a lot of the first one and I actually like the kind of tone they are setting with this.

I like the concepts something that is fresh and its going to have its growing pains as a franchise but imo there was a lot to like in the first one.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Trailer is nothing special but I will wait for the gameplay footage before I judge it.

If you want to see real gameplay footage then you shouldn't look forward to E3, wait until people actually get their hands on the game.

KORNdoggy

don't like the look of the protagonist at all. don't like the the vibe it has going for it, trying to forcefully tap into meme culture. it just feels cringy and way too try-hard. i'd understand if the game was developed by a bunch of 15 years olds who's life is kinda drenched in this sort of thing, but i'd imagine a lot of the devs at ubisoft are likely pushing 40...it's like seeing your dad trying to be cool.

as shit of a game the first one was, it at least had a certain subtlety to it. this feels like marc echo's getting up: contents under pressure...lol

Navid

Watch Dogs 1 cg trailer for comparison: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2qK6MXjLmA

Tonally WD2 is a complete 180
I wouldn't mind it getting away from the in the shadows tone of Watch Dogs, especially if it means the protagonist will be less miserable than Aiden.

The 'dream' however would be to have it take cues from Hackers with you being a part of a young underground hacking group of misfits (some Angelina Jolie goodness wouldn't hurt either). :D

PulseONE

Is this what kids are into these days then? Gross.

I'll wait for gameplay, but I'm not really liking the tone so far if that's what it's going for

Mafro

I don't really get the hate - im glad they are taking a very different tone from watch dogs 1

Im really intrigued!

Gaf is a strange place - Sunset overdrive is another example of a game that tonally seems like it tries too hard but I remember gaf liking the tone that game took - I know its different but even still
This is a Ubisoft game so people here are falling over themselves to hate it and be skeptical.

Seems to be a lot of older gamers who just don't get the tone of the trailer either.

A completely uninteresting trailer that will do little to make me interested in the sequel. This is a poor trailer but a large ratio seem to be disconnected from what would appeal to people of my age group (mid 30's).

I'll let the gameplay trailers do the talking...

...tarted up never-going-to-be-like-this-in-the-final-game gameplay footage and more-of-the-same gameplay mechanics. No thanks.

So what should the trailer had? Limp biskit , korn and matrix references?

Fuck out of here.

Glenn Miller thank you.

Alienous

If they managed to deliver a story that doesn't have me cringing through large parts of it I'd be amazed. Watch Dogs 1's writing doesn't bode well for them pulling it off.

Just the thought of it made me cringe just now.

Kssio_Aug

Not an excepcional trailer in any form, but I don't get the hate. There's nothing really THAT bad there!

Yeah, I do not put masks and go out there to rebel against the system either, but what was shown kind make sense in WD story.

I just want to see gameplay tbh. Nowadays I believe there's not a single CG trailer that I'd enjoy more than some gameplay scenes.

Whompa02

Well that was just a bunch of visual and audio noise...zero set up, just a bunch of things happening.

I don't hate it, but there's absolutely nothing there to get attached to...it's just colors and imagery flying at you at a breakneck speed. Maybe kids and young teens will like it. Seems like it's geared to that demographic.

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
Are they really going for the "hacker anonymous mr. robot I can hack so I can rule the world revolution" thing?

and my theory that wacthdogs is actually assassins creed in the "present" is getting more and more fuel, now we have parkour ... next on the list should be the leap on the hay

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
Try hard 2:Try harder.

Not saying that game will be bad but seriously that was one terrible trailer.

I feel like I was burned for buying into the Watch_Dogs hype and that resulted in me buying the game. My first thought was being immediately disappointed and deflated at the driving controls. I get that this series isn't about driving/cars as much as GTA, but when GTA V nails vehicle handling SO hard, then you go to Watch_Dogs and it doesn't even handle as good as GTA III, you can't help but feel an integral part of an urban open world has been completely mishandled, right?

This is my fear for Watch_Dogs 2. I'd love to get into it, but need to play it before I buy it unfortunately.

platocplx

This is a Ubisoft game so people here are falling over themselves to hate it and be skeptical.

Seems to be a lot of older gamers who just don't get the tone of the trailer either.

I feel like some comments are this in a nutshell.

91sn32Q.jpg

Seriously, not sure what some people are looking for in a game like this. They hated the older protagonist, now the younger one they hate already.

It feels youthful because the youth are typically the ones that rebel are activists etc and at times for good reason lol. Honestly its way more believable imo now. Again this is a 30 second clip. Waiting to see more but I like what I see.

Also extremely silly someone said that a 40 year old designer cant make games like this lmao. Man the hyperbole for this series is out of control.

Go_Ly_Dow

I expect good graphics this time round since this won't be supporting last gen consoles like WD1. They'll come out and state the build we see at E3 is running on a PS4 and graphically it will be pleasing. That shouldn't be a surprise to anyone since this is Ubisoft and giving convincing marketing presentations is what they are good at.

What I don't expect is a good story, characters and intricate game play mechanics. Whatever they create will likely be safe and accessible for the masses like all their games.

Top Bottom