• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch Dogs 2 Trailer Leaks on Twitch

Oh man, i cant wait to play as a cool hipster hacker with all of my cool hipster friends at cool hacker clubs. We'll all wear "hella" iconic cool masks. /s

Catdaddy

All the sudden Aiden isn’t looking so bad. Not liking the young hipster vibe but all the bitching about Aiden got us here I guess. I foresee a lot of cringeworthy dialogue. Nonetheless, I’ll be buying the game on day one... cause I'm the coolest and hippest mutherfucking 40-something year old I know...

Read most comments before watching. Thought typical overreactions, it can't be that bad.... WTF did I just watch. The dancing horse heads and skull masks are dreadful. Poor N.E.R.D. I am always amazed that something like this sees the light of day. That means the idea was thought of, shared with others, concepts presented and all of this was greenlit. Then it is made and people watch it and they think, "yeah this is cool." "See something say something!" So many people dropped the ball on this ha. Bad just bad. I wonder how the E3 crowd will react to this?

Eh, can't we just be a hacker in a nice suit?

I would relate to a character like Harold Finch infinitely more than Ubisoft's choice. But I am obviously not hip and cool enough for that and I don't fit into the demographic they are appealing to. I am not sure if that was the correct thing to say. What do the cool kids say?

One more game about revolutionary young people doing shit all over the city... Well, its too much asking for "a discrete professional hacker takes the city" I guess.

vypek

Watched it without audio and didn't care too much for what I saw. Hopefully going to see more gameplay soon. I didn't play the first once because it didn't seem too interesting. Had hoped this would be a big step up.

XAL

Mr Robot is a PHENOMENAL show!

I am saying that the first game was riffing on Person of Interest and failed hard, and based on this short teaser, this one's gonna riff on Mr Robot... and (maybe) fail hard.

BYDMYOH.gif

Yeah they definitely tried and failed to rip PoI. This one definitely seems to be surfing the Mr. Robot/FSociety wave.

Hopefully the protagonist isn't stale white bread this time around.

"We need more diversity in games!"

"Not this."

-the internet

"anything but the unholy techiebro hipster" - internet

JClarke

Banned
Not as awful as anticipated. Huge shift in tone is welcome, but the maIn character still looks a cunt.

I'll keep an eye on this, but i couldn't say I was looking forward to it

Right. The diverse character is the only reason people are saying this looks bad.

Right.
I'd hate to assume you can't read but I didn't imagine all of the posts crying about playing as some young, hip, and edgy scenester.

No, they want someone low-key and sophisticated.

After watching the trailer I'm kind of baffled by all the people on Twitter saying it "looks good."

There is literally nothing in that video that gives any idea what the game is like.

Guess I'm weird as I thought it looked awesome, lol

Certainly waaay more appealing tonally than WD1

The tone of the initial Watch Dogs reveal at 2012 E3 was incredible. But the narrative never backed it up in the final release.

I also think this actually looks quite fun. I think it's an easy thing for someone to hate because of the image it is going for. But I wouldn't actually say it's poorly executed.

Catdaddy

I was hoping for a female prot tbh, even they made Clara like Lisbeth Salander, spinning something off of that would have been a nice choice.

Thabass

Well, it showed ctOS 2.0. And parkour. If this game has a lot of parkour, I'll be interested. But, right now it's hard to gauge what this game will be like.

OVDRobo

I thought Watch_Dogs couldn't get any worse stylistically. Good job Ubisoft.

I received the original as a Birthday gift and ended up actually telling the person 'I appreciate the gift, but that game fucking sucked and the only reason I completed it is because you got it for me'.

Don't think I'll be getting the sequel as a gift (or otherwise, based on this hip young hacker aesthetic I'm seeing), but I don't have any complaints about that.

GlamFM

Banned
Help me out here.

Why do we hate this guy:

Rumor-Watch-Dogs-2-Protag-Leak-600x677-1.jpg

And L.O.V.E. these guys:

t10decd_life_is_strange__together__by_sakimichan.jpg

I mean..... fucking hipsters, right?

Seems to me there is just a general hate towards a character that looks like someone who was/is probably popular in Highschool....

Everyone? Literally everyone?

Yes. The complete shift away from Pierce is obviously a reaction to the internet outcry we get for this kind of thing.

In response Ubi are giving us millennial v-for-vendetta anonymous types that they think we will identify more with.

I actually enjoyed that the game was about being a vigilante in the truest sense of the term and playing a guy with grey morality going after guys who were worse and unraveling a bigger picture. I know a lot of people didn't like him, but this doesn't feel like an upgrade to me in anyway.

"Don't like Aiden? Now you can play as someone just like *you*"

Edit: Also, the "iconic" memes weren't funny when WD came out, they weren't funny six months after and they aren't funny now. If you think they are, then you are closer in representation to this new hacker protagonist than you realise.

PulseONE

I may not like it either, but I'm not going to create Twitter outrage over it and act as if Ubi is wrong for going this direction.

I have no idea what Twitter outrage is, but if it's people saying "I don't like how this looks", which is what most people on here are saying, then I don't see the problem

Top Bottom