• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch Dogs 2 Trailer Leaks on Twitch

honestly the best and only really good thing about the first was the online component, even if it was simple
The shooting was good too and it looked pretty at nighttime, some of the missions to take out the CtOS bases were fun as well due to the mechanics.

Writing, soundtrack and driving were all irredeemable trash though.

XAL

From the Stream https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWF3zuuBLFY

SEAMLESSLY CONNECT WITH FRIENDS
Stay connected to your friends with a brand new seamless multiplayer experience that includes both Co-op and Player vs. Player activities, all available in a shared open world experience.

wat

Multiplayer will be a heavy focus in Watch Dogs 2. Open world shared experience can mean many things.

The best part is:
YOU ARE IN CTRL

dear god

holy fuck hahaha

Full summary:

About Watch_Dogs 2
Watch_Dogs 2 is an open world action-adventure game where the San Francisco Bay Area is your living playground and hacking is your weapon to bend the city – and its people – to your will. Step into the shoes of Marcus Holloway, a brilliant hacker, and journey to pull off the Hack of the Century: a crippling shutdown of ctOS 2.0, an invasive technology used by the powerful to silently control everyday citizens. Watch_Dogs 2 will be available on PlayStation®4 system, Xbox One, and Windows PC on November 15, 2016.

KEY FEATURES
WELCOME TO THE SAN FRANCISCO BAY AREA
Explore a massive and dynamic open world offering an incredible variety of gameplay possibilities. Hack your way through traffic while you engage in dangerous car chases through the winding streets of San Francisco, traverse the rooftops of the colorful and vibrant neighborhoods of Oakland, and infiltrate the cutting-edge offices of Silicon Valley companies. There are many secrets to uncover in the birthplace of the tech revolution.

HACKING IS YOUR WEAPON
Hack into the city’s infrastructure, every connected device, and everyone’s personal database. Take control of drones, cars, cranes, security robots, and much more. Hack your enemies and bystanders alike – manipulate them in different ways to trigger unpredictable chains of events. Every person, any vehicle they might drive, and any connected device they possess can be hacked.

YOU ARE IN CTRL
Use hacking and stealth to complete missions without killing a single enemy, or combine hacking and your weapons for a more ferocious approach. Develop different skills to suit your playstyle, and upgrade your hacker tools – RC cars, Quadcopter drones, 3D-printed weapons, and much more.

Stay connected to your friends with a brand new seamless multiplayer experience that includes both Co-op and Player vs. Player activities, all available in a shared open world experience.

honestly the best and only really good thing about the first was the online component, even if it was simple

Yep.

Even breaking that game was awesome. You never knew who came in your game, but if you can find places to set up shop you can get them almost every time.

From the Stream https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWF3zuuBLFY

wat

Multiplayer will be a heavy focus in Watch Dogs 2. Open world shared experience can mean many things.

The best part is:
YOU ARE IN CTRL

dear god

CI_-05pWcAAPE-G.jpg

tumblr_inline_mlc4s7o78C1qd1qy5.png

fallingdove

Looks terribad. If it weren't for some of Ubi's solid indie titles, I would drop this company entirely.

I guess there are still a lot of people that find these games appealing though so to each their own.

takriel

Looks terribad. If it weren't for some of Ubi's solid indie titles, I would drop this company entirely.

I guess there are still a lot of people that find these games appealing though so to each their own.

Yeah I mean who in their right mind wants to play as those morons? I just don't unterstand the appeal of it. I guess the game is targeted at teens.

Brewmont

Banned
Yeah I mean who in their right mind wants to play as those morons? I just don't unterstand the appeal of it. I guess the game is targeted at teens.

I love the smugness of posts like these. Of course it's targeted at teens, it's a video game dude. I wish so many nerds on the internet didn't have this inferiority complex in regard to those younger than them/styles and things they aren't actively interested in.

SystemBug

Nice to see this thread is just as embarrassing as the other thread where people were complaining that the protagonist looks like a hipster

FLAguy954

The vitriol coming from a 30 second trailer that really didn't show much, is utterly pathetic.

Yeah, I just enjoy my Ubisoft game discussion (The Division, Watch_Dogs, etc) from a distance from this place. The amount of Ubisoft hate here is too damn high lol (especially in the last 3 or so years).

Can we get some hype here? So negative.

I am hyped!

I'm hyped too! That negativity thread from a few days ago is very telling :p.

kmg90

Can we get some hype here? So negative.

I am hyped!

I am hype up to the point whatever the sound effect rattle on stream for the countdown almost drove me mad as I was wondering where it was coming from as I forgot I had a page open to the live stream

Like every CG trailer, it was just whatever. These things are important to a publisher's marketing strategy so I rarely put much stock in them. Every AAA release trots one out and they're rarely worth noting. I look forward to the gameplay reveal.

I expect it's going to be difficult to discuss this game on GAF, though, which is a shame. There is some serious hostility in this thread already. Feels like a lot of posters were eager to jump on the hatewagon.

I liked Watch_Dogs. I'll be picking this one up too. Hopefully, Ubi can deliver the same type of improvement to Watch_Dogs that they did to Assassin's Creed 2.

iddqd

Look at all the interesting NPCs going about their lives.
Until you shoot them or drive them down, yay!

Gurrry

Damn, i made it about 10 seconds into that video and had to stop.

Brb, taking a bath to cleanse myself of the cringe.

edit: ok so now I see some gameplay, looks like I thought it would. the first game was decent, but it didnt grab the way I wanted. hopefully this one makes the right changes.

jadedm17

is there really anything that good in the first that makes people excited for the second?

is there linear missions inside the open world like far cry has? which is why I loved far cry blood dragon those levels were damn good reminded me of some of my favorite missions in borderlands 2. both of those games have some nicely design semi linear parts that are so goooood

The multiplayer invasions were gold : Invading someone, hiding in a parking garage or going underground before starting your hack, watching their panic as they have no clue to change floor level... Classic.

The actual gameplay was solid open world mayhem before we got GTA V as well.

I'm not an Ubisoft fan - I don't buy and haven't played any of their other games in years - but I'll probably buy this day one.

Can't wait to play this in co-op. The first game was pretty fun to play with friends in those T-bone missions, although it was limited.

page 18 and people are still calling this a trailer

gg op, you da real mvp. keep on fuckin' that
discourse

The vitriol coming from a 30 second trailer that really didn't show much, is utterly pathetic.

if anything this thread showed me that the average neogaf user is more out of touch than ubisoft is, and that's an achievement.

feels like some GAFfers, if you showed 'em what youth culture on the west coast is actually like irl, their fucking heads would explode like Scanners

takriel

I love the smugness of posts like these. Of course it's targeted at teens, it's a video game dude. I wish so many nerds on the internet didn't have this inferiority complex in regard to those younger than them/styles and things they aren't actively interested in.

Ah, you got me there, buddy. I just like pointing out dumb stuff in video games on a video game forum.

Top Bottom