• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JULY 2016 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + MORE! (REAL PICS ONLY)

Bought too many games from the Steam, PSN and Microsoft sales to the point that it would be a chore to post. I did end up picking up a few Razer products:

Hoping that I can get an EVGA 1080 FTW this month

lmao mistook that for one of my pics when i got mine
8SIzDkjl.jpg

These are awesome. Where did you get them?

Custom made. The propmaker does work for film studios and does detailed props on his downtime. It's amazing to see these custom work take shape.

I have this one incoming soon, it's not finished yet.
lZcytvml.jpg

Needs more layers of paint, weathering and greeblies on the sides.

So that it'll look like this.
yUuqEEYl.jpg

And when opened, it'll have these "random things" inside. :p
yC0zSK3l.jpg

Already have the most important thing for that unfinished box.
2cabcyBl.jpg

Hmhkd7yl.jpg

Now just resting on its throne waiting to fulfil its destiny in that unfinished box.
BMEEcUCl.jpg

huK1faLl.jpg

Justinh

Sup?

I got a "Blinking Light Win" for my toaster NES.
before:
lol, whoops. I forgot the after picture...
Here's what the thing looks like.
It works really well from what I've briefly tested. Games load up first try, no messing around. Only thing is it's a little hard getting cartridges out. Since you don't press down, they "lock-in" to the new connector, and there's not much room to grip the game. Gotta get the pinch going.
Also, I'm getting really hyped for a game coming out this December (take a guess).
I have Off the Record on Steam, but I wanted a physical copy.
I wanted Chop 'til You Drop because I'm sure I'll want to play it in the future, maybe even far future. I get the feeling, though, that it might be harder to find later on. I dunno why, I just get that juju from it.

Totally unrelated (swearsies! sort of...), I got a new lens for my camera 17-55 2.8 Nikon. Not a bad price used ($550). Sorry for shitty phone camera picture.
Wanted one of these for a while. The only lenses I had for a long time were the 35mm 1.8 and a SIGMA 70-200 2.8.

Getting a Majora's Mask Nendoroid thingy on Thursday. Got the Wind Waker one a long time ago, so I'm just going to get these instead of amiibo. I wanna get the Zelda one when it comes out just because it comes with a sword and shield for the WW Link, lol.

edit: scraps of cardboard in background of camera picture. edited them out.

Battle.net Token (EU):

6DSphx2l.jpg

Rl5C93gl.jpg

And on the non gaming side, A guitar stand from Amazon Basics. Far more stable than I was expecting.

7PLYgsEl.jpg

Just came in today. Hooked it up but haven't gotten to really play with it yet because I'm at work still

Sup?

I got a "Blinking Light Win" for my toaster NES.
before:

lol, whoops. I forgot the after picture...
Here's what the thing looks like.

It works really well from what I've briefly tested. Games load up first try, no messing around. Only thing is it's a little hard getting cartridges out. Since you don't press down, they "lock-in" to the new connector, and there's not much room to grip the game. Gotta get the pinch going.

How much did that cost? I have 3 freaking blinking light / blank screen NES and I am looking for a good fix. I tried the boiling method but it did not work :(

Justinh

Just came in today. Hooked it up but haven't gotten to really play with it yet because I'm at work still

How much did that cost? I have 3 freaking blinking light / blank screen NES and I am looking for a good fix. I tried the boiling method but it did not work :(

Man, that card...

It was 30 clams. Yeah, I got tired of boiling my connector, jamming that pink cleaner thingy into my NES over and over again, and wiggling my carts around to hopefully get a game to work. I think it's worth it.

AlfaTrion

boiling didn't work on all three?? Brutal :(
I boiled mine and then stuck it in rice to dry but then I got rice stuck under the pins lol

EDIT
It worked tho
My pins are so tight now that I don't need to push the cart downwards anymore!

eXistor

Correct thread this time :)

Might as well consider these my birthday gifts, even though I bought them myself :)

I did get new sandals (yes I'm one of those people) from my parents, my old ones were literally falling apart.

L3RiOiZ.jpg

i830ndR.jpg

Rich!

My V2 raphnet GameCube to N64 adapter came in today.

KMx4VFGh.jpg

Everyone should have one. Playing N64 games with a wavebird is awesome. And the control stick is perfectly mapped. Playing Mario 64 and F Zero X with it is fantastic.

If you have an Everdrive 64, there's a ROM that allows you to update the adapter and also apply any custom config or layout you wish.

Only downside is no rumble on wired GameCube controllers, but that's likely due to the extra power being utilised by the adapter.

I also got a Mega Drive. Console, PSU, controller and RGB scart cable altogether for £50 free shipping from eBay.

a2Mmg2tl.jpg

z3vmfkFl.jpg

I added a three way region switch:

sZFNX3rl.jpg

And also soldered the composite pin from the ppu to ground in order to eliminate jailbars:

TMj2AyBh.jpg

Yay. Looks fantastic on my JVC:

MfSfhE2l.jpg

13584037_557844931070nvuix.jpg

MilkLizard

My V2 raphnet GameCube to N64 adapter came in today.

Everyone should have one. Playing N64 games with a wavebird is awesome. And the control stick is perfectly mapped. Playing Mario 64 and F Zero X with it is fantastic.

If you have an Everdrive 64, there's a ROM that allows you to update the adapter and also apply any custom config or layout you wish.

Only downside is no rumble on wired GameCube controllers, but that's likely due to the extra power being utilised by the adapter.

I also got a Mega Drive. Console, PSU, controller and RGB scart cable altogether for £50 free shipping from eBay.

I added a three way region switch:

And also soldered the composite pin from the ppu to ground in order to eliminate jailbars:

Yay. Looks fantastic on my JVC:

You are one of the nerdiest retronerds I've ever seen. And I love it :)

Rich!

You are one of the nerdiest retronerds I've ever seen. And I love it :)

I was gonna say nah I'm not, but then I realised I just went to get a coffee wearing my Super Famicom shirt. But yeah thanks haha

My daughter's going to be happy I have a Mega Drive again...she loves playing Sonic (she only refers to it as SEGA, refuses to accept he's called anything else)

Not OP, but I'll comment. All you need to buy is a $10 replacement Pin bar, crack open the NES, take off the old one (takes 2 screws), slide the new one in, return screws, and put it back together. Mine's worked perfectly ever since and I used to work at a used game store and it's worked for me dozens of times. The only thing I'll warn for, is that the brand new pin connectors will sometimes have the death grip on your games. Just know that they will loosen up over time, but it's not broken if it's being selfish.

MilkLizard

I was gonna say nah I'm not, but then I realised I just went to get a coffee wearing my Super Famicom shirt. But yeah thanks haha

My daughter's going to be happy I have a Mega Drive again...she loves playing Sonic (she only refers to it as SEGA, refuses to accept he's called anything else)

It was totally meant as a compliment ;)

My son is more of a Mario guy. He goes nuts when we let him play Mario Kart 8.

Justinh

Not OP, but I'll comment. All you need to buy is a $10 replacement Pin bar, crack open the NES, take off the old one (takes 2 screws), slide the new one in, return screws, and put it back together. Mine's worked perfectly ever since and I used to work at a used game store and it's worked for me dozens of times. The only thing I'll warn for, is that the brand new pin connectors will sometimes have the death grip on your games. Just know that they will loosen up over time, but it's not broken if it's being selfish.

I've had limited success with replacement 72pin connectors. I've already replaced mine twice since the NES I bought already had a replacement one in it, and over time even with cleaning they end up turning to shit.

The Blinking Light Win does have a death-grip too, but from what I understood from some other youtube video is that it's essentially the same connector as the top-loader. After a few days having it, I'm really happy with how it works (besides the death grip).

Back on topic, I got a new thing and forgot to put DOOM in my last post (shameful display).
I already had DOOM on Steam, and played the hell out of it but I wanted a way for this box art to be on my shelf. This seems like a game that for which I want to get all the achievements, too. I took care of the multiplayer ones already (I'm worried it'll be harder to do later on) and I'm not looking forward to that first-level ultra-nightmare one.
I finally a Majora's Mask Nendoroid thingy. Unfortunately, I'm a dummy and broke the sword the day I got it. I didn't know you can remove the hilt from the sword and put it on the scabbard to make it look like the sword has been sheathed until I looked at the instructions that came with it, but when I tried to take it off, it just wouldn't.

So I wiggled it a little bit. Boy did it come off then, the little post holding the hilt to the blade broke off, so now I'm probably going to either just try and super glue the hilt to the sword or... Well, I'll probably just do that.

Let me know what you think of the Lapdop. I've been thinking about picking up one my self for some HTPC / non desk gaming.

It's a beast of a thing, heavy as hell, sturdy construction and comfy foam on the bottom fitting my legs. Compared to the Razer Turret I had before, this one is built like a tank. Truly no-compromise couch gaming, except for one: wrist fatigue. I alleviated that with cushions I already have on my couch so that's that.

ta155

Have given my Xbox One some love with loooooaaaaads of digital purchases, mostly thanks to the sale going on at the moment.

Bought The Witcher 3, Red Dead Redemption, Minecraft and Inside, plus a month of EA Access as I fancied a having a few sports games to play over the summer. The Battlefield campaigns might be some dumb fun, too.

Also picked up the starter pack for Hitman on PS4.

All that together set me back about £70, which isn't too bad. I got the final two Infinity figures as a gift from my sister.

20160709_183642.jpg

SCB3

Back on topic, I got a new thing and forgot to put DOOM in my last post (shameful display).

I already had DOOM on Steam, and played the hell out of it but I wanted a way for this box art to be on my shelf. This seems like a game that for which I want to get all the achievements, too. I took care of the multiplayer ones already (I'm worried it'll be harder to do later on) and I'm not looking forward to that first-level ultra-nightmare one.

That reminds me, I really need to actually start DOOM, had it since release and didn't even finish the first level

EKuaSJy.jpg

After my extra long USB cable broke, it was time to go wireless. Feels good not having my controller tethered to the PC any more.

The cool thing about this is that it supports like 8 controllers with just one adapter. It's not often I do local multiplayer, but perfect for sports games and the like.

Justinh

The cool thing about this is that it supports like 8 controllers with just one adapter. It's not often I do local multiplayer, but perfect for sports games and the like.

I get better connections with that than with my actual Xbox one. If I use a headset or just headphones, my controller's connection will often cut out on the xbox one, but when I use headphones/headset with the adapter on my pc when using my Oculus, it has never cut out even once.

TheFuzz

Probably the best gaming purchase possible for $80

Thanks, I didn't have much interest in Smash but tried it anyway. Figured it would net the most TIV if I decided against it. Dumped it for $19 in Credit and grabbed some Eshop cards. Think I'm going for Kid Icarus.

Also, console had MK7 on it (I didn't realize that when I posted it.)

illusionary

£6.46 for Chibi Robo! Zip Lash was cheap enough for me to justify an impulse buy:

aV2bh9z.jpg

And the Mad Men blu-ray collector's edition set was similarly well-priced enough to convince me to buy. I've come to love the book-style presentation of some of these sets, and I'm hoping that I'll be able to get into the series properly now that I have the full set!

dA8h5gu.jpg

Top Bottom