• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KINGSGLAIVE: Final Fantasy XV Thread: Everything for the future king

Ishida

Banned
Mmmhh....

So all those "Strong, independent woman Stella was replaced by weak, damsel-in-distress Luna" people are in for some delicious crow eating?

Oh boy. This is going to be interesting indeed.

143000740991.jpg

Omg why aren't we getting line by line synopsises from the people who've seen it?!

Omg spoil meeee, do ittt let me see those black bars baby

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Lots of Japanese impressions mentioning the old Versus XIII PVs. I think I'm more excited for the film than anything in the FFXV Universe.

Nyx is basically the stand-in for Noctis.

benzy

The Gooch approves. Did he ever talk about Advent Children?

http://www.dualshoc-BANNED/2016/07/...ustifies-lack-of-playable-female-in-the-game/

Towards the end of the lecture, Sakaguchi-san encouraged the audience to go see Kingsglaive. He found it “incredible,” and as someone who made a movie himself, he understand well how much work went into it.

According to Sakaguchi-san, the visuals are “even better than the trailer makes them look,” the story is “great,” and it justifies the group of four men who appear in the game.

He explained that at first, when he saw the four protagonists, they annoyed him because there was no female character. After watching the movie he understood, and he thinks players will be able to enjoy the game even more after watching it.​

Ran rp

I keep seeing people mentioning Versus! Not reading any spoilers but I'm getting more hyped by the minute.

Not sure what it's all about but if they managed to capture the tone of the early PVs then I'm already dead.

Can someone at least say what I should look forward to regarding Versus mentions? Tone? Characters? Setting? Battle?

aitakute

Can you explain how (major spoiler):
Ravus gets mangled by the ring?
The ring chooses its user. The 3 figures are the old kings. They only give power to those who they deem worthy. Ravus is a piece of trash so he got burnt. Not only him, random kingsglaive got burnt for trying too

raven777

Lots of Japanese impressions mentioning the old Versus XIII PVs. I think I'm more excited for the film than anything in the FFXV Universe.

Nyx is basically the stand-in for Noctis.

This actually makes me interested in Kingsglave.

The ring chooses its user. The 3 figures are the old kings. They only give power to those who they deem worthy. Ravus is a piece of trash so he got burnt. Not only him, random kingsglaive got burnt for trying too
So he's blind, right?Does the movie mentions anything about plague of stars

aitakute

Big spoiler ahead
The Diamond weapon is soooo deathly. Sad that we can't fight it in the game. Ultros was terrifying too. The 3 figures are Insomnia's ultimate spell. Summon the 3 statues of the old king to fight off Diamond weapon. Also, not all glaive died, 1 still alive. Luna has guts. She's really brave. I can't think Ravus is the final boss after this game. Ardyn is more likely. I love the guy

So he's blind, right?Does the movie mentions anything about plague of stars
I don't think they mentioned plague of the star. I also don't think he's blind but lost his arm instead

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Big spoiler ahead
The Diamond weapon is soooo deathly. Sad that we can't fight it in the game. Ultros was terrifying too. The 3 figures are Insomnia's ultimate spell. Summon the 3 statues of the old king to fight off Diamond weapon. Also, not all glaive died, 1 still alive. Luna has guts. She's really brave. I can't think Ravus is the final boss after this game. Ardyn is more likely. I love the guy

Ultros, really?

Which Glaive survives? And what about the post credits scene?

Yes, there's an Ultros fight in the movie. Libertos lives. There's post credit scene with the 4 friends happily going on road trip and then their car broke

So the...
4 friends, do they look exactly like they do in-game or do they have a "movie-design"

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Yes, there's an Ultros fight in the movie. Libertos lives. There's post credit scene with the 4 friends happily going on road trip and then their car broke

Near 2 hours

Did they explain who Drautos is?

Big spoiler ahead

Arrrrgh, that sounds so great! Can't wait!

aitakute

There is a rumor
saying he's Cor's brother... is this mentioned in the movie?
I don't think they mentioned it in the movie.
Also, like Noctis and Gladio, Gladio's father and Regis are bro for life. They both died together

SilverArrow20XX

Walks in the Light of the Crystal
Oh boy. Now to feebly try and avoid spoilers for the next 40 days that separate the release in Japan and here for no reason. It's like they want everybody to get spoiled by making the release gap this wide. I bet they're twirling their mustaches and laughing maniacally as I type.

Top Bottom