• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No NX Version Of FFXV Currently Planned

Dat non-news. They always say that until they announce a thing.

In VG-World "not currently planned" just is a polite way of saying "stfu, this is not in our PR/marketing plan right now, ask about what we have announced already!"

edit: before anyone misunderstands this as a "omg they're keeping it secret, guyz! konfirmed!!!" post - no.

Exactly. People need to ask companies that aren't Nintendo if they're working on NX because nobody outside of Nintendo knows what the thing is. It could be a souped up 3DS for all we know!

Saying that today is July 14 would be more newsworthy than this. This is as non-news as you can get and I wish people stopped asking others about the NX. Ask Nintendo, not Square!

There was an unconfirmed rumor that FFVIIR might get the SFV treatment in which it'll get a PS4 and eventually a PC release only. No Xbox. But we'll see.

Given that SE hasn't announced a single Japanese title coming to XBO since the initial KH3/FFXV ones years ago, I would assume that you won't see any other Japanese titles from them on XBO until/unless the tides change significantly.

I'd wager there just aren't the sale to justify it (though I assume if XV does well on XBO, they'll start bringing more things over).

Daft Punk

Banned
Whats your sources? The first Xenoblade didn't bomb, dude. Not every game needs to sell 2 million to be a success. Xenoblade was a success in its own right.

Which is why it took so long to get it localized for America right and when it finally did, it was exclusive to Gamestop? Ok.

Haunted

Can we please skip the whole "will they, won't they?" spiel about Nintendo and third parties this generation? Just once? Please?

Let's just assume that no third party multiplat is coming to the NX until it's been specifically announced for the system instead of making a news item out of every multiplat that's not coming.

Which is why it took so long to get it localized for America right and when it finally did, it was exclusive to Gamestop? Ok.

If Xenoblade indeed bombed we wouldn't have had A) a sequel on WiiU. B) A port for NN3DS and C) Smash Bros representation.

Taking forever to come to the US and Gamestop exclusive was NoA covering their bases while being stubborn thinking it wouldn't sell enough even though it was a critical and sales success in Japan. And even when they did bring it it was 2 years later and with a crappy retailer exclusive agreement.

NoA isnt known for having the smartest decisions in the last few years, you know? Even NoE brought the game relatively quickly. It was NoA the bonehead. Besides I remember reading Reggie saying they were satisfied with Xenoblade's sales on Wii but I'm too lazy to look the article up. They did sell their entire print run for crying out loud. And thats always good.

Given that SE hasn't announced a single Japanese title coming to XBO since the initial KH3/FFXV ones years ago, I would assume that you won't see any other Japanese titles from them on XBO until/unless the tides change significantly.

I'd wager there just aren't the sale to justify it (though I assume if XV does well on XBO, they'll start bringing more things over).
This is explicitly it. I think last years finance talk even said something like "We're not releasing games from our japanese branches on XB1 unless we're paid a lot due to the money lost making ports not being worth it. Our focus is PS4, PC and 3DS." or something like that.

kirblar

FF7 remake on NX seems all but guaranteed.

FFXV doesn't really make sense unless they have a very easy way to port it.

Rob2K19

So much reaching in here.

Type-0 HD at E3 2014 is when it started. Last year, Hashimoto and Nomura among other sources stated that the future of their new announced Japanese games is on PS4, which has held up to today.

-Horizon-

Dunno about XV and KH3, but I don't see the FF7 remake being anything but on PS4.

I don't know, this might sound a little fanboyish, but FF7 is very distinctly a Playstation associated game. The remake hasn't been announced to be on Xbox One either.

They said FF7 remake is only a timed PS exclusive.

Scrawnton

Just want to reiterate that FF7R is coming in more than one part and its possible that only PS4 has timed exclusivity for the first part. I highly doubt we are going to have to wait for all three parts to be finished before the game leaves the PS4.

Kyzer

Banned
Dat non-news. They always say that until they announce a thing.

In VG-World "not currently planned" just is a polite way of saying "stfu, this is not in our PR/marketing plan right now, ask about what we have announced already!"

edit: before anyone misunderstands this as a "omg they're keeping it secret, guyz! konfirmed!!!" post - no.

Eh. Only nintendo lies to hide stuff like that. Usually theyll say no comment, them saying ts not planned means its not currently in the works at all but that could chabge in the future who knows

FFXV on NX ? Never happening.
The only thing you can expect from SE on NX potential's ecosystem is DQ series, new IP, Virtual Console FF titles and FF spin off.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Seems like a silly question to ask a developer when the system isn't even announced yet. I might consider asking that in an interview once it had been revealed, but even then, they won't make a product announcement since that will be left to marketing.

Eh. They did let the NX version of DQXI slip :p

royox

I'm reading this correctly, right? Been years since I studied the language.

Spanish here (I can't sleep -.-). He said that they are not considering a NX version but they have good expectation for the new console.

So it's the "we are not doing it but they have a nice console" answer every developer throws when they are not releasing a game on a console and at the same time don't want to piss that console's audience.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Who expected it? We got the basic Koei Temco support and DQ11 which is coming to 3DS and PS4 anyway, Wii U got DQ10, so it made sense.

Not sure why anyone would think SE would just dump all their franchises onto NX without even knowing about the market conditions in its launch

Banned
Would have been a late port anyway. Any game coming out in 2016 I don't see coming to NX. I can see later games coming from Square later on like KH3 and DQXI and eventually FFXVI.

Top Bottom