• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Visceral's Star Wars game['s dev process is similar to Uncharted], new concept art

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Star Wars News Net said:
Lastly, with the Visceral Games project, a 2018 release window was confirmed. It’s reiterated that the gameplay will be like Uncharted, but other details on the project continue to be sparse.

screenshot_21-2y9jke.png

screenshot_22-24lkm3.png

screenshot_23-2n9jlg.png
Source: http://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2016/07/electronic-arts-on-the-future-of-star-wars-games.html

In case people checking the article wonder if this is actually Battlefront concept art, it's the same location as this:

giphy.gif

Update:

Apparently the Uncharted part is a misquote.

Amy Hennig is being misquoted here. She never said that her game plays like uncharted. She said that the *creative process* of deconstructing the movies (or in Uncharted's case the pulp adventure genre) to reconstruct it as gameplay is similar to what she did with Uncharted. She never once even hinted that the gameplay itself is the same.

Skux

UC4's "sandbox arena" gameplay is some of the best TPS gameplay in a long time. You're always moving, reassessing the situation, and making your own solution to combat scenarios.

I just hope there's a Star Wars version of the grappling hook.

Woahh that gif looks stunning! Hoping we see a trailer soon. Appears to be in the new trilogy...? I think those were first order banners.

One game is Uncharted, the other one is sandbox, and Battlefront is online multiplayer game

All the AAA boxes have been checked, GG EA

Woahh that gif looks stunning! Hoping we see a trailer soon. Appears to be in the new trilogy...? I think those were first order banners.

Don't expect a trailer until EA Play 2018. Maybe EA Play 2017 if we're lucky. I doubt EA wants to drag out the marketing for this or any of their projects,

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Cuz its visceral, who made a better third person shooter series. Well the first two at least.

I probably wouldn't make the assumption it's a literal 100% carbon copy of the game as opposed to, you know, a linear-ish cinematic third person shooter.

Don't expect a trailer until EA Play 2018. Maybe EA Play 2017 if we're lucky. I doubt EA wants to drag out the marketing for this or any of their projects,

They prefer around 5-8 month marketing cycles these days.

Metfanant

Cuz its visceral, who made a better third person shooter series. Well the first two at least.

Then i guess they shouldn't have hired the person responsible for Uncharted and put her in charge of this project then

and lets not pretend that your claim of which series is "better" is some sort of fact...

I probably wouldn't make the assumption it's a literal 100% carbon copy of the game as opposed to, you know, a linear-ish cinematic third person shooter.

They prefer around 5-8 month marketing cycles these days.

I sure hope so, I think visceral is creative enough to make something really good with the uncharted formula I just hope they don't follow it to a t

CHC

I'm glad. As much as I would love a big open world game where we can hop planets and explore them freely, I also think Star Wars is long, long, LONG overdue for just a simple, nicely paced single player campaign.

If it's an Early 2018 game, then they'll definitely tease the game next year's E3. Otherwise if it's fall 2018, then yeah E3 2018 it is.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
I think this sounds great.. The Star Wars on-foot action game I've wanted since forever, but never really got. Like a Shadows of the Empire done right.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
If it's an Early 2018 game, then they'll definitely tease the game next year's E3. Otherwise if it's fall 2018, then yeah E3 2018 it is.

They will show Battlefront 2 at next E3 more than likely (and it will release for Episode VIII timeframe like BF did for EPVII), and this game at the following one, which will probably release around the same timeframe for the 'Han Solo Anthology' film is my guess.

They may tease it a little bit next year with more info.

Some people are also taking the title of the thread, way too literal, lol.

Yay, I guess?

Uncharted's cool and all, but if I wanted to play something like Uncharted, I'd play one of the 5 Uncharted games.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Like Uncharted? That's... off-putting.
Not really. There are entirely too many Star Wars games where you play as a hack-slashin' Force-wieldin' Jedi powerhouse. Let's see how the other 99% of the galaxy adventures.

NoKisum

obviously...i mean, who would want their game to play like one of the best franchises of the past decade right?

I played the first Uncharted and got bored real quick, despite the series being sold as a "thrilling action movie in game form". If Uncharted is what I should expect from this Star Wars game, then it probably just isn't for me.

Top Bottom