• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Visceral's Star Wars game['s dev process is similar to Uncharted], new concept art

If it's not always online, in.

I'm actually surprised at the 180 I've done on uncharted. I feel age has something to do with it as well as having someone "watching" the games with me.

As much as I hate to admit it, I don't have the reflexes for something like vanquish anymore :-(

Uncharted might not be the most mechanically technical, but it does what it does really well.

A post on the site:

Giuseppe Nelva said:
Amy Hennig is being misquoted here. She never said that her game plays like uncharted. She said that the *creative process* of deconstructing the movies (or in Uncharted's case the pulp adventure genre) to reconstruct it as gameplay is similar to what she did with Uncharted. She never once even hinted that the gameplay itself is the same.

Thank god for that

And there it is .gif

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Was anyone really expecting anything else? If you want to do a Hollywood action game then Uncharted is the template.

DieH@rd

Banned
I can't wait. We need good singleplayer TPS game set in a SW universe. It's been a long time since the last good one.

So many negative nancys in here.

Man people are so black and white with everything. And last I checked, Uncharted was a pretty great series. At least this will likely have decent level design which I can't point at too many Star Wars games actually having. They're either RPG's, shooters, etc. How many actual great Star Wars adventure games are there out there?

Mifune

Mehmber
She never said it DOESN'T play like Pokemon GO either.

She never directed a Pokemon game.

Look, we all knew that when she joined EA to make a Star Wars game it was going to be an actual 1313 if 1313 was ever more than an E3 video. The Uncharted model (linear action-adventure) fits the SW universe, has proven to be successful in the past, fills a gap in EA's lineup. Wasn't Dead Space already headed in that direction anyway? All I'm saying is don't get your hopes up that it won't be the thing we expect it to be anyway.

People reacting to a comparison with Uncharted like it's Leisure Suit Larry smh.

I think a big number of people are tired of that style of game infecting the AAA space. Way too many big games focused on making you watch cool things happen either with unskippable in game cutscenes or qte's over actually giving a single fuck about mechanical depth in their games.

vivekTO

Just wanted to ask one question !

What will be the difference between the STIG's star wars game to hennig's . I mean both are third person action adventure genre now, considering uncharted is , or stig's is some god of war type hack n slash lightsaber game????

reKon

Banned
I can't wait. We need good singleplayer TPS game set in a SW universe. It's been a long time since the last good one.

This has the ingredients of potentilly wonderful game, assuming that the still have the talent that bought us Dead Space and now with Amy leading the creative charge.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
I think a big number of people are tired of that style of game infecting the AAA space. Way too many big games focused on making you watch cool things happen either with unskippable in game cutscenes or qte's over actually giving a single fuck about mechanical depth in their games.
But you don't watch cool shit in Uncharted. You play them. Of course one wouldn't know this by merely watching videos on youtube because those action sequences are cutscenes in other games.

AudioEppa

I'm in. Hopefully it plays more like Uncharted 4 than uncharted 1-3. Having played the first 3 again recently, there's just way too many monster closets and combat encounters.

Same way I feel. But it should be a cool experience regardless, I just hope the storytelling is really good, and not just some short cutscenes then back to action. Let me relax and actually care about the characters and the purpose of playing.

Stiler

So Platforming and puzzles? Seems like a rather strange fit for Star Wars.

Not really something I picture when I think "dream star wars game."

Hopefully it's more TLOU or such.

So Platforming and puzzles? Seems like a rather strange fit for Star Wars.

When Hennig or whoever says that the game will be like Uncharted, it basically means a third person platformer with some shooting. It doesn't mean that it's going to be designed or play exactly like Uncharted with puzzles and everything.

I also don't really think puzzles wouldn't fit into Star Wars, like if they go to some... oh god damn it I have to say it... uncharted planet, there could be puzzles. I think they mean that it's just going to be a third person platformer. There'll be jumping around and some shooting. Just a traditional action game, which is what Uncharted also is.

IIRC Hennig didn't even say it plays exactly like Uncharted. When Warwick mentioned she worked on Uncharted, it got a cheer and she said you'd like it if you enjoyed Uncharted.

bunkitz

We lost one, we got one back.
untitled-2pd9fz.gif

Mmm. Gods yes.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Did I miss this GAF trend where Uncharted is a bad series now?
If you like a popular thing on GAF then you're not cool.

Of course in this case being annoyed that Visceral will be influenced by Uncharted, despite their best game ever being influenced by Uncharted 2 (as where many other contemporaries) is quite dumb.

And influenced doesn't mean it will be a carbon copy. Visceral have their own identity and EA is hopefully giving them a lot of time. (Seems like it to me.)

Give me a strong 3rd person adventure game with a likeable cast and you can't fail. Just match cowboy bebop and you really can't fail.

AudioEppa

IIRC Hennig didn't even say it plays exactly like Uncharted. When Warwick mentioned she worked on Uncharted, it got a cheer and she said you'd like it if you enjoyed Uncharted.

See, even the people there want uncharted hehe. But yeah, when anybody says "if you like that, you like this" that pretty much confirmed having enough similarities between the two. And like I said I'm happy about that, just need to see some trailers to see how well the story is going to be pushed.

like uncharted? so you'll be cheering while murdering people?

Yeah, like almost every game about killing people lol

Top Bottom