• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex : Mankind Divided - New Gameplay Footage

Easy_D

never left the stone age
The increase in detail density from the first is just mindblowing. Looks really really good

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
Looks amazing. Graphics are very dense and atmospheric.

S1kkZ

cant watch any videos right now, but how is the framerate on ps4?

i really hope for solid 30 fps. human revolution was ok, but the framerate fell apart once you started to play more offensive.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
THis looks BEAUTIFUL. OH MY GOD.

I played the original on PS3, and this is such a great upgrade, character models in particular actually look good this time

Thought the desert level at e3 was pretty underwhelming and graphically not much better then the first game , but these new levels show a huge improvement .

Loved human revolution so I am sure this will be equally as good

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Only thing I don't love about this is the popped collar, neatly trimmed beard and the stupid shades. Wish we could customize our character in this like in the Mass Effect games.

Edit: Unless it is somehow relevant to the story, maybe he is super conscious about his appearance, trying to look tough but failing, etc.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Is it just me or does the game look ugly? The detail in every area is insane but the artstyle is so fugly all that detail makes the game look worse.

Not sure why Adam's character model looks last gen as well.

Panda Rin

Is it just me or does the game look ugly? The detail in every area is insane but the artstyle is so fugly all that detail makes the game look worse.

The presentation does seem off. Won't mind it at all as long as the gameplay holds up. Remember Human Revolution was also a bit off.

Altazor

I'm gonna miss Sarif and Prichard. Those dudes were so goofy.

(spoiler from the E3 footage)
Sarif appears in the game, he calls Adam and -apparently, if I remember correctly- initiates a certain quest line that you don't get if you ignore his call. Sadly, his voice actor is different - so there won't be any more AAAAAAAAAAADAM.

Undead

Haven't been paying much attention to games until closer to release dates.
have they mentioned anything about the bosses? they're not phoned in from a third party again are they?

Dennis

Banned
skrmbillede2016-07-18vxk32.png

Seems overly user-friendly, like the first. Example; when the player is behind cover and a guard walks into the room, strolls over and turns around with his back to Jensen (and about 2 ft away from the convenient waist-high wall), a prompt appears and it goes to a cutscene where the guard is suddenly right next to the wall and facing Jensen so he can deliver his cinematic takedown. Ugh.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I'm a big fan of Human Revolution, so I'm sure I'll love Mankind Divided. Hell, the only DX game I actually actively dislike is Invisible War, and I still finished that twice...

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Really, really loved Human Revolution - easily one of my favorite games last gen.

Can't say I'm too hyped for this - just never really jumped on the bandwagon. Either the marketing feels off, or the trailers less exciting than the last game's... I can't quite put my finger on it. But I'm not super eager to try this out like I expected to.

That said, I'll still definitely pick it up at launch; and I'm hopeful it blows me away.

From these videos, I will say, the environment detail is phenomenal.

Geist-

So many choices to completing a mission, definitely feeling very satisfied. I can only hope they maintain the same level of choice throughout the entire game.

SaberEdge

I don't think the art direction is the best ever and neither are the graphics in general, but I think it still looks pretty damn good. And I'm fairly confident the gameplay will be excellent, just like the past Deus Ex games.

Top Bottom