• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo to sell Component cables online AND in select retailers in the US.

lachesis

Well, I did order on 19th... but it was 20th at eastern time. :D Mine shipped this morning.. hopefully I'll be getting it either tomorrow or day after tomorrow. :)

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Sugarman said:
I called today and said due to weather it could be either later today or tommorow.

Their Customer Service was closed last night due to inclement weather. I believe this might have something to do with the delay.

SreyB

I ordered some from play-asia. This is turning into quit the lupe fiasco. I tried to order some from nintendo.com on the 18th, but they decided to cancel my order "due to credit card decline". Which was odd, because I had more than enough money in my account. Soz, I call my bank and they tell me that the charge was made but for what ever reason it didn't go through. Then I called Nintendo and told them my situation, they told me the only thing I could do was re-order and wait 'til the 18th ( they wouldn't let me get back in que for my original order).

nintendowned

Also, I placed a seperate order for some cables for a friend, but they up and canceled it. I know it's only supposed to be one per customer, but the fact I could make the order had me hopeful. Oh well.
how long does blue shipping take, btw?

DenogginizerOS

Sugarman said:
Also, I placed a seperate order for some cables for a friend, but they up and canceled it. I know it's only supposed to be one per customer, but the fact I could make the order had me hopeful. Oh well.
how long does blue shipping take, btw?
Blue is 2-day delivery. So...2 days. :)

KarishBHR

just called and they have crazy weather problems, so bad that they have a voice recording when you call.

If mine says preparing order that means its got to ship soon right?

SreyB said:
I ordered some from play-asia. This is turning into quit the lupe fiasco. I tried to order some from nintendo.com on the 18th, but they decided to cancel my order "due to credit card decline". Which was odd, because I had more than enough money in my account. Soz, I call my bank and they tell me that the charge was made but for what ever reason it didn't go through. Then I called Nintendo and told them my situation, they told me the only thing I could do was re-order and wait 'til the 18th ( they wouldn't let me get back in que for my original order).

nintendowned

don't worry....they did this to me also when I ordered my Gamecube component cables. I just had to resubmit my order =/

ant1532

Banned
My friend got his in today, and they came in the official box actually. (He ordered them the morning after they went on sale)

MutFox

Banned
My Component cables are now marked as "Shipped" HELL YEAH!!!
Though I started playing Zelda without them, I couldn't wait anymore. :( (I cracked after 4 days.)
Already have over 35 hours invested.
Hopefully they arrive before I finish the game. :p

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
MutFox said:
My Component cables are now marked as "Shipped" HELL YEAH!!!
Though I started playing Zelda without them, I couldn't wait anymore. :( (I cracked after 4 days.)
Already have over 35 hours invested.
Hopefully they arrive before I finish the game. :p

When did you place your order?

Karish who knows,they should :\ Mine still says preparing with a ups tracking number.

edit- someone called nintendo

from ign board...

"If your order status says "being prepared", the cables have been pulled and are just waiting to be put on the truck and shipped out. Apparently they are having a snow storm or something which is causing delays and another storm is going to hit tomorrow or so, so basically when the trucks can get to the warehouse is when our cables will be shipped. w00t"

Zelda is going to look awful on my hdtv now there wont be any component cables out for the UK launch. Im a sad bunny. Almost tempted just to get it for the cube now. :(

SreyB

Lonesome_Raod said:
Zelda is going to look awful on my hdtv now there wont be any component cables out for the UK launch. Im a sad bunny. Almost tempted just to get it for the cube now. :(

If you sit far enough way from your TV, it doesn't look too bad. I sit a good 10 feet from my TV and it doesn't rot my eyeballs. That being said, I would rather play it with component cables than not...

They changed the red text on the page about shipping on December 18th to:
"As of Wednesday, November 29, 2006, we will be resuming shipments of all back orders for the Wii Component Video Cable."

Does this mean they actually have them back in stock for newer orders?

Ark-AMN

Banned
Lol, this sucks, my component cables are marked as "Shipped", but my freaking Wii order is marked as "Backordered". I can't believe I may get my component cables before my actual Wii.

And I still have to endure staring at my Zelda box for some time now. :(

Pellham

Banned
my order is still listed as "Preparing Order". :(
Since I picked UPS Red (overnight I think), if I'm lucky, I should be getting it friday assuming they ship it tomorrow, if not then early next week. :(

Dhx

Wrestlemania said:
I'd say it would be a pretty good bet that those cables coming in boxes are the ones that were supposed to be for Europe. You bastards.

I think you're correct. Just looking at the alternate languages. Europe never wins.

kamikaze

DarkhawkX said:
I think you're correct. Just looking at the alternate languages. Europe never wins.

all my wii stuff has english, french, and spanish on it. i think it's standard for north american packaging.

now if there's italian and/or german on the package, that'd be a giveaway that it was once bound for europe.

But based on the fact that all European peripherals come in cardboard boxes as opposed to the blister packs in the US, plus the fact that it's only the recent batch that have been in these boxes, I'd say it's fairly certain that these cables are the European ones. There was a rumour just last week that this was happening as well.

DenogginizerOS

KarishBHR said:
I ordered them on 20th, and still preparing order!

I spoke to Nintendo last night. They are filling orders and assured me that those that ordered prior to the 22nd cutoff date will definitely get their cable before the December 18th date. He said the weather in Seattle has slowed them down by at least a day.

Did you use standard UPS? I did. Mine was ordered on the 21st and still says preparing order with a UPS tracking number that has not been put in UPS' system yet. Evidently, Nintendo assigns the UPS tracking number at their warehouse, and it is not activated until UPS actually comes to pick up the package.

Baker

Banned
Mine are out for delivery on the last UPS leg. Woo.

I have a somewhat stupid question. How far is Redmond from Seattle? With all the bad weather they're having, I don't understand why that was the first trip the package took. It then ran into the "bad weather delay" on UPS tracking. Wouldn't there be a way to circumvent Seattle altogether?

Anyways, I don't care the least. I got one day shipping and that's how long it took to get here, so me be happy.

Vargas

I finally got to play the system yesterday and one thing that I found weird is that when I played with the component cables is that the screen would sometimes freeze and a green horizontal line would show up. It was only the video that froze and not the audio. Does anyone know exactly what is happening?

Gio_CoD

Banned
God damn it, I picked the regular UPS shipping option, and now my cables aren't scheduled to arrive until next wednesday, even though they shipped out yesterday. Why did I have to be such a cheap ass on this, when I routinely spend hundreds of dollars on stupid shit all the time?

Triz

I ordered over the phone today and was told I would get them in 3-8 days. According the the CSR they have enough to last through the holidays...He did mention that retail release may be delayed till 07 due to demand.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Soybean said:
I ordered on the 20th, and my order has been preparing (with tracking #) since Monday. Is the weather that fricken' bad?

Mine is the same as yours...good god >_<

And of course I payed for regular UPS when all I had to do was pay a couple more dollars for UPS Blue *hates self right now*

Drey1082

Matrix said:
Mine is the same as yours...good god >_<

And of course I payed for regular UPS when all I had to do was pay a couple more dollars for UPS Blue *hates self right now*

Same here. I always regret when I don't get the more expensive shipping.

CO_Andy

Vargas said:
...I played with the component cables is that the screen would sometimes freeze and a green horizontal line would show up. It was only the video that froze and not the audio. Does anyone know exactly what is happening?
That's perfectly normal when switching to 480p or HD.

lachesis

Mine shipped... and finally got past that "biiling information received" stage. Due tomorrow (12/01) - just in time for weekend action! :D

Matrix

Ordered the 20th,been preparing for days now and it finally shipped :D

Pellham

Banned
so people who ordered on the 23rd and later are screwed? goddamnit.

oh well at least i ordered a cable from play-asia as a backup

perplexcity said:
Mine are out for delivery on the last UPS leg. Woo.

I have a somewhat stupid question. How far is Redmond from Seattle? With all the bad weather they're having, I don't understand why that was the first trip the package took. It then ran into the "bad weather delay" on UPS tracking. Wouldn't there be a way to circumvent Seattle altogether?
They're basically neighbors. Redmond is where NOA is, Seattle is probably the nearest major UPS facility, so that'd be the first trip.

Fireye

Interesting, people are receiving retail kits from NOA? I got my cables in on the 17th, but they were just wrapped in a plastic bag with instructions in there.

Top Bottom