• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo to sell Component cables online AND in select retailers in the US.

Wow, now my order placed on the 11/24 is being prepared, with shipping upgraded for free to UPSRED since Nintendo screwed up and canceled the previous order I made on 11/19. Hopefully I can get the cable sometime next week instead of after the 18th.

TwIsTeD

on the phone with nintendo, my cables got lost by ups, i hate brown those bastards, so they said they shipped them on wednesday, but ups is claiming no package was recieved, i`m curious how nintendo is going to handle this one

Deku

Banned
I ordered a component from NOA store last week, waited a week for them to tell me my CC was declined from some odd reason and I'm well under my limit so i must have entered something wrong.

Just re-ordered this morning.

it's amazing that noa actually has people sifting through their on-line store orders one by one. you'd think they'd have a more advantaced inventory/ordering system.

fart

Savant
Deku said:
I ordered a component from NOA store last week, waited a week for them to tell me my CC was declined from some odd reason and I'm well under my limit so i must have entered something wrong.

Just re-ordered this morning.

it's amazing that noa actually has people sifting through their on-line store orders one by one. you'd think they'd have a more advantaced inventory/ordering system.

this is probably the first time they've ever had so many orders at once for something

I work within walking distance of NOA - anyone know if I can just walk over there and pick some up?

my brother's also in the area. give a heads up if you manage to do this, because he's getting tired of waiting for them too.

SpacLock

I don't really want to make a thread about this so since this is a Nintendo thread i thought i could go off topic really quick and ask what the trade in value of a NDS Lite with 3 games would be? I'm not the handheld gamer i used to be and i can't stay hooked no matter how hard i try. I think i might put the money down on some Wii accessories.

LakeEarth

My order was at 11/24 and its preparing order, I can't wait.

In other news, futureshop.ca and bestbuy.ca has component cables in their Wii Accessories list, but they're all sold out.

TwIsTeD

yea so now my problem has been sent to another department and they will find out where my bloody cables are, its real sad that it came to this but as long as they refund my shipping i`ll be happy since it seems that nintendo somehow labeled my order as shipped with a tracking #, but the cables never made it on the truck.

En-ou

bestbuy.ca said:
Wii Pro Component Cable
Releases 11 Dec/06. The ASiD TECH HD PRO Wii Component Cable allows you to hook your Wii console system to a high-definition TV (HDTV) or enhanced-definition TV (EDTV) to view 480p progressive output. This cable maximizes the video performance of your Wii console.

$49.99
anyone heard of this brand?

schild

Brand doesn't really matter much with component cables. Anything above the shittiest ones you can find will do more than fine. And I'm an elitist bastard.

WTF

NOA said:
Hello CHRISTOPHER,

Thank you for shopping with Nintendo! We wanted to let you know that your
order is in the final stages of processing.

PLEASE NOTE: Your tracking information will be available when the carrier
(UPS, FedEx, Purolator, etc.) has received and scanned the package into
their system. Due to a high demand, this may take up to 24 hours.

To track the status of your order, please visit your My Nintendo account
(http://www.nintendo.com/cpp/login/login.do).

To view Nintendo's Return Policy or get answers to other order and shipping
questions, please visit http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/orders.jsp.

Thanks again for your order!

Sincerely,

Nintendo of America Inc.
Consumer Service Department

I thought these fools were crazy backordered?!
The order for the component cables were placed on the 25th of Nov

I checked out the status on my account page and its reading as shipped.....So what the hell? does this mean I should cancel my Play-Asia order which hasn't shipped yet?

update: checked the item's page....looks like their shipping for backorders again? Also, looks like Play-Asia is "preparing order" so the option of canceling it, is no longer there. So unless they respond to the email I sent them (doubtful on weekends), I'm gonna have 2 sets of cables =/

Wii Component cable

empanada

AgentOtaku said:
They got a new shipment of component cables sometime around Nov 29 so yeah, they've been shipping backorders for a few days now.

Ordered mine on the 29th and it just shipped today.

empanada said:
They got a new shipment of component cables sometime around Nov 29 so yeah, they've been shipping backorders for a few days now.

Ordered mine on the 29th and it just shipped today.

yeah, looks I might be selling the jPan D cables on GAF =/

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
I just submitted my order about 15 seconds ago, I'll post when the status is shipped.

gameboya

Wow ordered mine 11/30 and they already shipped. I'm suprised as yesterday they said backordered. Sweet!! Will have them Tuesday!

SuperPac

Dunno if this is old, but... for anyone who'd ordered component cables from EB/Gamestop:

EBGames.com said:
Dear Customer,

You have signed up to receive release date changes for:

Wii Component Cable

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=802596

Old Release Date - 1/30/2006
New Release Date - 1/30/2007

Thank you for visiting EBgames.com!

NOTE: The product release date is the best estimate as to when the product will become available. These dates are subject to change at anytime. EBGames.com is in constant communication with product vendors to provide you with the most accurate release dates possible.

That old release date is clearly wrong, but 1/30/2007? Ow.

What a cluster-eff.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Got mine from Play Asia this morning, 3 days before Wii comes out here so cool, yet so useless.

usea

I ordered mine on the 26th and they shipped on the 2nd, but my tracking number still doesn't work. I hope they weren't lost.

Dhx

usea said:
I ordered mine on the 26th and they shipped on the 2nd, but my tracking number still doesn't work. I hope they weren't lost.

It took a bit for my tracking number to work as well.

Is anyone elses tracking all messed up, or at least I hope it is. It got shipped friday, arrived at Jacksonville, FL on sunday but then it shows it went back to Idaho then back to Kentucky and finally back to Jacksonville this morning... what the hell?

Gio_CoD

Banned
I ordered on the 19th, they "shipped" on the 29th, and the cables are still sitting in the ****ing warehouse. I guess because I didn't overnight the things, UPS has decided to not pick them up for 3 days.

Gio_CoD

Banned
DenogginizerOS said:
I almost caved this weekend and played Zelda over composite. Please, cables, get here fast!! They are on the way.....
I caved a couple of days ago and put in 10 hours over the weekend. It's still AWESOME. But I am going to have to backtrack a bit once I get my cables so I can see certain "things" in proscan.

Ordered mine on 28th and it shipped.
BUT WTF is this S*%#@%?

I am in CA but they sent it from WA to OR which is right above CA but they routed it to KY?

LOUISVILLE,
KY, US 12/03/2006 9:41 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
DES MOINES,
IA, US 12/03/2006 7:26 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
12/03/2006 6:06 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
PORTLAND,
OR, US 12/03/2006 1:02 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
12/03/2006 12:10 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
SEATTLE,
WA, US 12/02/2006 9:13 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
12/02/2006 7:51 P.M. ORIGIN SCAN
US 12/02/2006 11:24 A.M. BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

EMBee99

all that he wants is another baby
DenogginizerOS said:
I almost caved this weekend and played Zelda over composite. Please, cables, get here fast!! They are on the way.....

I caved. Played about 7 hours. Game still looks pretty on my HDTV. 480p may just make my jaw drop, though.

Pellham

Banned
got my component cable today.

wow what a difference. I can actually SEE everything in the shopping channel now. :D
Makes playing Wii on a Dell 2407 LCD much better.

(and I just realized I haven't turned on HDTV mode yet, need to try that when I get home from work)

BruceWayne said:
Ordered mine on 28th and it shipped.
BUT WTF is this S*%#@%?

I am in CA but they sent it from WA to OR which is right above CA but they routed it to KY?

LOUISVILLE,
KY, US 12/03/2006 9:41 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
DES MOINES,
IA, US 12/03/2006 7:26 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
12/03/2006 6:06 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
PORTLAND,
OR, US 12/03/2006 1:02 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
12/03/2006 12:10 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
SEATTLE,
WA, US 12/02/2006 9:13 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
12/02/2006 7:51 P.M. ORIGIN SCAN
US 12/02/2006 11:24 A.M. BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

Same thing that it shows on mine, for whatever reason IA and KY just pop in there.

Meier

TALLAHASSEE,
FL, US 12/04/2006 7:46 A.M. OUT FOR DELIVERY
12/04/2006 7:45 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
JACKSONVILLE,
FL, US 12/03/2006 6:11 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
JACKSONVILLE,
FL, US 12/02/2006 4:53 P.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
LOUISVILLE,
KY, US 12/02/2006 4:43 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
LOUISVILLE,
KY, US 12/01/2006 2:03 P.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
PORTLAND,
OR, US 12/01/2006 6:55 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
12/01/2006 1:41 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
REDMOND,
WA, US 11/30/2006 9:54 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
11/30/2006 8:17 P.M. ORIGIN SCAN
US 11/29/2006 9:24 P.M. BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

Huzzah!

Meier said:
TALLAHASSEE,
FL, US 12/04/2006 7:46 A.M. OUT FOR DELIVERY
12/04/2006 7:45 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
JACKSONVILLE,
FL, US 12/03/2006 6:11 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
JACKSONVILLE,
FL, US 12/02/2006 4:53 P.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
LOUISVILLE,
KY, US 12/02/2006 4:43 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
LOUISVILLE,
KY, US 12/01/2006 2:03 P.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
PORTLAND,
OR, US 12/01/2006 6:55 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
12/01/2006 1:41 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
REDMOND,
WA, US 11/30/2006 9:54 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
11/30/2006 8:17 P.M. ORIGIN SCAN

Huzzah!

I find it coincidental that you're also in/around Tallahassee. What an.. amazing town..

Either way, this is all I've got:
REDMOND,
WA, US 11/30/2006 11:28 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
11/30/2006 7:52 P.M. ORIGIN SCAN

It's said this since - you got it, the 30th. These days the status is "rescheduled delivery - in transit". Supposedly it's arriving on the 7th. What's that really mean to me when I don't see it moving at all?

Well I was holding out to get one in stores, so I finally caved in and ordered online on the 3rd of December. I can always make component cables in the meantime.

My cables (boxed) just came in at work via UPSRED, nice way to start the week.

Going to the mall over the weekend I was kinda tempted to rip the component cables out of the Wii displays and leave $30 bucks inside :lol

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Mine was shipped ground on Saturday (ordered them on 11/22)... how long does it take for something to ship ground from Seattle to NY?

Ristamar

Meh. I cheaped out on the shipping, so mine wont arrive until Thursday. Fortunately (or unfortunately), I wouldnt have had time to use them anyway thanks to work.

Drensch said:
Damn, I hate to do that.

Does your TV have audio out? Just plug the audio into the TV and snake some cords from the TV out to your receiver. That's what I'm currently doing; it sounds decent enough (actually pretty good, but then Sony TVs have good circuitry) and you don't lose the DPLII signal.

Top Bottom