• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo to sell Component cables online AND in select retailers in the US.

Meier

Kureishima said:
I find it coincidental that you're also in/around Tallahassee. What an.. amazing town..

for me to poop on! Haha, I came up here to go to school and graduated in August 05, but am waiting for my girlfriend to finish up.. she'll be done in April and then we'll figure it out from there. Are you at FSU?

Meier said:
for me to poop on! Haha, I came up here to go to school and graduated in August 05, but am waiting for my girlfriend to finish up.. she'll be done in April and then we'll figure it out from there. Are you at FSU?

Yeah. Tallahassee sure does rock.

I don't actually live in Tallahassee, I live about 30 minutes south of it in the St. Marks Wildlife Refuge. So I'm way the hell out there.

But we're up in town a lot. Had a nice 8 hour Wii Party last Saturday at Andy's house. x-p.

Drensch

Does your TV have audio out? Just plug the audio into the TV and snake some cords from the TV out to your receiver. That's what I'm currently doing; it sounds decent enough (actually pretty good, but then Sony TVs have good circuitry) and you don't lose the DPLII signal.

Yeah that's what I decided to do.

Pachinko

I just got shipping confirmation. Ordered on the 20th of november and today is dec. 4th. I still haven't managed to find a wii though , hopefully the shipping confirmation is a sign.

Ace 8095

I just ordred by phone 5 minutes ago. They said they had many people on back order but are getting those shipped quickly. He said that they would ship mine in a few standards and after they are shipped I will recieve them in 5-8 days. So if you are looking for some you will get your's before Christmas.

Poody

What program do you use to photoshop a picture?
I just got done ordering mine at nintendo's store. Once question I would like to ask is why are they so damn expensive? My ps2 components to my knowledge were not 30 bucks. I'm hoping Nintendo's component cables arn't frugal looking like their avi.

Crap, I just reallized play-asia has cheaper generic cables. I'm going to cancel my order now.

Triz

Poody said:
I just got done ordering mine at nintendo's store. Once question I would like to ask is why are they so damn expensive? My ps2 components to my knowledge were not 30 bucks. I'm hoping Nintendo's component cables arn't frugal looking like their avi.

Well official PS2 component cables cost $25...

gkryhewy

ATTENTION fellow Play-Asia victims! I just got the following reply from them re: my Nov 25th cable order:

thank you for contacting Play-Asia.com.

I am sorry. This item is currently out of stock and the exact restocking
date is not confirmed at this moment. But we will try our best to source
for this item.

In case of any further question please do not hesitate to contact us
again.

Best regards,

Tony
Play-Asia.com

Bastards! I emailed them back and insisted that they cancel the order, since it obviously isn't being "prepared."

Placed an order with NOA.

Lhadatt

buckfutter said:
ASS ASS ASS ASS SHIT

Time to go pay through the nose on Ebay.
Why? Unless you're not in NA, there's no reason to. Call Nintendo.

I got mine yesterday. I'm satisfied now. Everything looks much better, even though I just have a SDTV.

I ordered on the 1st and it showed my order as backordered until last night when it changed to shipped. They just arrived at my door via UPSRed. Looks like Nintendo is getting those things out much quicker now.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
cleasure138 said:
I ordered on the 1st and it showed my order as backordered until last night when it changed to shipped. They just arrived at my door via UPSRed. Looks like Nintendo is getting those things out much quicker now.

Nice. I ordered mine on the 21st of November and I still don't have them.

Mr Spliff

I ordered mine on Nov. 19th before the Nov. 22nd cut off and mine said "backordered" till Dec. 2nd. I flipped out so much on them dropping the ball that they took off my shipping charges (speedy service ftw). Now, my order has been at the "Preparing order" stage for 3 days and they still haven't shipped. I'm going on vacation next week and I'm going to freak out again if I don't get them this week. It is very, very frustrating seeing people here order long after me and they already have their cables. Envy is a bitch!

Soybean

Well, it's not just envy. You should legitimately have them by now! I ordered on the 20th and they came last night. I am happy.

Sorry man!

Lhadatt said:
Why? Unless you're not in NA, there's no reason to. Call Nintendo.
I'm not in NA. I'm in Australia, and our cables have been delayed to the 22nd. I was hoping to get these by launch, and Play Asia gave no indication that they had sold out when I preordered. Estimated shipping date is still December 4th.

But you're right, in a way, because I'm going to call Nintendo tomorrow and ask them if they have any stock at all. I live right near Nintendo Headquarters Australia, and there's a chance their little onsite store might have some. It was the only place I could buy Gamecube component cables, afterall.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
vumpler said:
Posted on: 12-02-2006, 09:52 PM CST
I just submitted my order about 15 seconds ago, I'll post when the status is shipped.

I ordered on the 2nd at 10pm at night and mine already shipped today. Definitely order from nintendo if you had 2nd thoughts.

Buggy Loop

Just got my cables today, shitty thing is i still dont have a wii !$%*&. Hasnt been any shipments in canada since november 24th. Cmon nintendo, PRODUCE MORE! MOREEEE

Firestorm

Buggy Loop said:
Just got my cables today, shitty thing is i still dont have a wii !$%*&. Hasnt been any shipments in canada since november 24th. Cmon nintendo, PRODUCE MORE! MOREEEE

There have been many shipments. THey just sell out as soon as they hit the store. Best Buy will have their new shipment this Friday. Future Shop will likely do the same.

fernoca

Interesting...
I'm from Puerto Rico...I got a Wii at launch, and was waiting for them to release the cables in stores...since if I ordered them on November..I was still going to get them by the time stores were getting theirs...(early December)

So, I waited....
Then, they delayed the shipment to retailers till January 31, 2007....kinda pissed off, hehehe..since I was playing Zelda slower on purpose..I ordered the cables from Nintendo on December 3rd, at around 10PM... expecting to receive them early in January, by all the things people has been saying in this thread...(still early than the the actual release in stores)

Yesterday (Dec. 4) all it said was a Preparing Order message...so I was expecting it to ship around January...

Today, December 5th...it says...SHIPPED!!! :)

So, by the end of next week..I'll have'em here!! :)
Kinda weird, how many people in this thread mentioned about the cables being in Back Order or having difficulties with their orders...hmmm, I'll see ..

woxel1

I was just inspired to check the status on mine. Looks like they're set to arrive Thursday, despite having ordered them as "late" as the 29th of last month. That's good - no composite for me... EVER.

hyp

just installed my cables last night and boy do they make a world of a difference. everything was so washed out and blurry with composite to the point i thought my vision was going bad. at the same time, the component cables do add a bit more jaggies to the overall picture. so i turned down the sharpness a bit and it doesn't look so bad.

I made component cables last night, it only took me about 30 minutes and $4 for a pack of alligator clips. Zelda now looks amazing and Gamecube games seem to look better than they do with my Gamecube component cables.

I'll buy real component cables whenever they make it to stores because I don't want to spend almost $40 shipped for something I no longer need right now...

Whenever Best Buy has stock of the React cables i'll use the $5 coupon that comes with Gamer Gift Cards making the cables only $20.

purg3

slept with Malkin
I ordered my cables from Nintendo.com yesterday, what are my chances of getting these before christmas? It's not that big of a deal, but the sooner the better.

I placed my order for the cables on Dec. 3rd, still says preparing order. I placed the address for them to my home thats 90 miles away (college student), so if they're not there by the 14th then I'll just make my own for the time being. I'm gonna end up making permanent VGA cables by soldering so I'll let you know how that turns out, I just don't have the materials here. Voltage Meter, Wires, Soldering Iron...

vumpler

purgeface said:
I ordered my cables from Nintendo.com yesterday, what are my chances of getting these before christmas? It's not that big of a deal, but the sooner the better.

Guy all you had to do was read up like 4 ****ing posts i answered this already.

Originally Posted by vumpler:
Posted on: 12-02-2006, 09:52 PM CST
I just submitted my order about 15 seconds ago, I'll post when the status is shipped.

I ordered on the 2nd at 10pm at night and mine already shipped today. Definitely order from nintendo if you had 2nd thoughts.

SreyB

vumpler said:

What the HELL? I ordered mine on Nov. 30th and they are still preparing to order... Eh, this is such a hassle. I've got two sets of cables ordered, one from play-asia and one from nintendo. They both seem to be stuck in "preparing order" limbo...

careksims

My cables came in today. Ordered on the 30th. Just sit tight. It'll get through. I did overnight shipping but it was delayed one day, but I forgive them! Yay! Now I can finish Zelda!

spangler

I don't understand the hold-up for some of you. I ordered the cables from Nintendo Sunday evening, December 3. They shipped out UPS Red Monday evening and were sitting on my front porch when I arrived home yesterday. I live in Florida as well so those cables had quite a trip.

vumpler

I picked blue and expect them tomorrow. Blue was highly the most reasonable and logical choice. Price vs. benefit of getting them a day sooner is definitely not worth it to go red.

Soybean

SreyB said:
What the HELL? I ordered mine on Nov. 30th and they are still preparing to order... Eh, this is such a hassle. I've got two sets of cables ordered, one from play-asia and one from nintendo. They both seem to be stuck in "preparing order" limbo...
You should call Nintendo and complain a lot. Maybe you'll get shipping charges refunded or something.

SreyB

Soybean said:
You should call Nintendo and complain a lot. Maybe you'll get shipping charges refunded or something.

I just got off the phone with nintendo and I figure I'm never getting them... When I ask a question like "when should I expect them to be shipped?" I get, "I dunno, I'm sorry I don't have the information for you". Then I asked "Why some have gotten their orders when they ordered several days after me", I get the same response.

SOL

choc_cake

Banned
Speaking of Wii (yeah, I know this is off-topic from this thread) since I can't post a new thread I have to put it in some wii thread (because I am a Junior member).

I have found a website that many people might not know about. They basically sell NES and SNES controller ports so that you can hook them up to your wii or gamecube
(WITH FREE SHIPPING).

Here is the info:

http://www.retrousb.com/wii.html

NES and SNES Controller Adapters for Nintendo Wii
Authenticity of original controllers with the simplicity of Wii
Plugs directly into the GameCube ports
No drivers to install or update
Use with any Virtual Console or GameCube game
Also works on Nintendo GameCube systems

impirius

There's been a thread about that, choc_cake, but thanks for the info. :)

Got my cables in yesterday, and all I can say is that F-Zero GX is friggin' gorgeous.

Sagitario

SreyB said:
Oh, I almost forgot. I also asked when they would be avalible for purchase in stores and he said early 2007...

WTF? I can't wait until "early 2007" to play Zelda... >__< ...
How hard is to make the damn cables available in stores? Dammit! :_(

Top Bottom