• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo to sell Component cables online AND in select retailers in the US.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
I ordered mine late last month, got them yesterday.

Same, expected results as everyone else. Clearer, sharper, more colorful, more pop, and of course the jaggies.

Now the Wii finally feels home.

Synbios459 said:
I hate how I can't convince my brother, who bought a $3,500 Samsung Plasma HDTV to get component cables. He always says "It looks fine to me":(
He spent so much for the TV but doesn't want to bother spending a few extra bucks to get the best picture he can get on it. That's crazy.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
alot of time people will do that, which is just goddamn stupid. your picture is only as good as your weakest link. get him some for an x-mas present.

I had a friend who, out of all my friends, was the only one with an Xbox and Halo 1 at the time. A bunch of us had multiplayer overnighters every weekend, and the same Christmas his parents bought an awesome Pioneer surround sound system. But we couldn't convince him to hook the system up to it. =\

pkasho

He spent so much for the TV but doesn't want to bother spending a few extra bucks to get the best picture he can get on it. That's crazy.
Well I know a lot of people who didn't really cared about HD, but bought one because they wanted a flat panel, and bought a mid-range (price) one because of the appearance (box/shell).

Spike

I order mine from Nintendo on Saturday, and it now gives me a tracking number on the website.

Also, the rep admitted that they weren't ready for demand and that these cables won't be appearing in stores until mid to late January now, so to fill the direct orders.

Nos_G

LakeEarth said:
Anyone order from Canada? Mine were shipped on the 4th and I'm wondering how long it'll take to get here.

I'm in Toronto, the cables actually come from Vancouver, where Nintendo Canada is located.

Mine shipped via Canada Post on Dec 5th and with the default shipping my cables are scheduled to arrive on Monday Dec 11th.

Now if I can only find a damn Wii. :lol

Tumalu

-james- said:
I ordered my cables from NOA last night and they shipped today, I was surprised at how fast they were shipped.
Same here, I ordered mine at like 11:45 PM last night and they shipped this afternoon.

Keio

For a Finer World
I'm European and heard that we'll get the cables on the Christmas week. I decided I'm not going to wait that long and neither I'm going to pay those ridiculous eBay prices, so I went for the option offered by these sites:

http://pages.justinjas.com/
http://www.tdficq.com/wii_component_cable

Mod the Composite to Component!

I admit to having a serious case of sweaty palms when I was inserting the paper clips into the Wii, but it all worked out in the end.

Welcome 480p, get ready, Zelda!

well guess what, Best Buy - Gurnee IL just got the React S-video cables and the $60 Cyclone component cables..... but i dont want to pay 60 f'ing dollars for something that should at most cost half that much, if that :/

TheIkariWarrior said:
well guess what, Best Buy - Gurnee IL just got the React S-video cables and the $60 Cyclone component cables..... but i dont want to pay 60 f'ing dollars for something that should at most cost half that much, if that :/

yes, 60 dollars for component cables is rediculous...best bet is to order from NOA...their shipping them out almost immediately

So I just went to Best Buy to see if they had the component cables and they didn't, but they did have the React S-Video & Composite cables for $20. I purchased the cables, hoping S-Video will be better than composite.

Will S-Video look much better than composite? And if so, how would they compare to component? Will S-Video do 480P? (I'm thinking probably not)

Your opinions will influence if I open the box or return the cables!

ok, so my local future shop has component cables in, problem it, they're third party ones selling for 49.99 (canadian)

so are they as good as the nintendo brand ones, and what's up with the price?

:S

THANKS to the Best buy tip...drove to my local store in 10 mins and they had the REACT brant component cables for $24.99

Will S-Video look much better than composite? And if so, how would they compare to component? Will S-Video do 480P? (I'm thinking probably not)

S-Video is better than Composite but not as great as Component and it can't do 480p

Flynn

A note about the official Nintendo cables: If you're using an audio output other than your television you're probably going to need a length of cable to extend the audio to your receiver.

The audio and video cables split apart very close, giving only a foot or so of leeway between the connections.

Luckily I had a pair of female to female adapters handy so I could patch in an extra length of audio cable.

bumpkin

Flynn said:
A note about the official Nintendo cables: If you're using an audio output other than your television you're probably going to need a length of cable to extend the audio to your receiver.

The audio and video cables split apart very close, giving only a foot or so of leeway between the connections.

Luckily I had a pair of female to female adapters handy so I could patch in an extra length of audio cable.
That's why I love having all my entertainment components connected to one central A/V receiver. :D

Triz

monchi-kun said:
THANKS to the Best buy tip...drove to my local store in 10 mins and they had the REACT brant component cables for $24.99

S-Video is better than Composite but not as great as Component and it can't do 480p

your welcome :)

Firestorm

wtf, I went to EB after work at Capilano Mall (North Vancouver, BC) and they said they'd be getting first party component cables on Monday and third party on Tuesday. I don't believe him, but he didn't even look in his computer or anything o.o;

Anyway, someone want to tell us how third parties are with cables? I sure as hell don't want the crappy looking cables for $50 at Future Shop, but how are Mad Catz cables?

Firestorm said:
wtf, I went to EB after work at Capilano Mall (North Vancouver, BC) and they said they'd be getting first party component cables on Monday and third party on Tuesday. I don't believe him, but he didn't even look in his computer or anything o.o;

Anyway, someone want to tell us how third parties are with cables? I sure as hell don't want the crappy looking cables for $50 at Future Shop, but how are Mad Catz cables?

my React cables work fine.

Magnus

Anyone else getting pixellization/little patches of black dots shaped in vertical lines across the screen when using Nintendo's component cables? Regardless of 480i or p, I'm getting this irritating side effect to go along with the much improved image...it's sometimes unnoticeable, but on bright images or against white screens, it's horrible.

Are my cables damaged? :(

Those waiting on the React S-Video cables, check your local Best Buy (as you can tell from a few other posts). They aren't updating on their website, but I got some at my local BB today.

God this is sooooo much better than Composite..... Now I just have to save the money for the inevitable HDTV, and component cables.

Alex

Any difference between first and third party for these things? I'd like to get a Wii before Christmas, and am trying to decide to order online or check out best buy for component cables beforehand.

I havent had my HD set long, so excuse the fairly ignorant question.

monchi-kun said:
looks exactly like the REACT cables that i bought for $24.88 USD

I gave up on waiting for BB in NJ to get these ****ing things. I've gone to or called about 4 or 5 BB in Northern NJ and not a single one of them as of today has gotten any or has any idea when they will get any in. I broke down and ordered them from Nintendo's Website today 40 ****ing bucks with shipping :( when I should have only had to pay 25 bucks and gone home with them on day one. ****ing horsecock I say, these damn things better at least get here fast.

amm

Shin Johnpv said:
I gave up on waiting for BB in NJ to get these ****ing things. I've gone to or called about 4 or 5 BB in Northern NJ and not a single one of them as of today has gotten any or has any idea when they will get any in. I broke down and ordered them from Nintendo's Website today 40 ****ing bucks with shipping :( when I should have only had to pay 25 bucks and gone home with them on day one. ****ing horsecock I say, these damn things better at least get here fast.

yeah, same. the two best buy's i went to sold out pretty much instantly. i didn't want to bothering calling/checking everyday to see if/when they'd arrive, so i took the plunge with nintendo. ordered last night and shipped today. $37, though. :( I need to sell some things.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
the UPS man gave me a present
c2.jpg

but no Wii...
c1.jpg
:(

LakeEarth

Mine should be coming today (I'm at work). I checked my tracking order and it was supposed to come yesterday, but it was stopped for an address check for some reason. So when I get home I gotta plan out a whole redesign of my gaming area.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
You guys got nice boxes. I just got a shitty plastic sleeve with the cables wrapped inside of them and a loose instruction booklet.

Grok4Spock

c2.jpg

This is why the stores aren't getting cables until next month. Nintendo has pulled retail stocks to fill their direct orders....

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Grok4Spock said:
c2.jpg

This is why the stores aren't getting cables until next month. Nintendo has pulled retail stocks to fill their direct orders....

And making the major money that is retailers' mark-up on cables. Good call, I'd rather give my money to Nintendo anyway.

JS

jstevenson said:
And making the major money that is retailers' mark-up on cables. Good call, I'd rather give my money to Nintendo anyway.

JS

Personally I would have rather been able to walk into a store and buy (hello Nintendo world store why didn't you have them when I bought my Wii) and not have had to have paid shipping on them and wait for them to show up.

LakeEarth

I finally got mine. Everything looks good. I didn't even realize that the empty channel slots are TV static, I didn't notice that detail. Zelda looks great too, made finding the golden bugs much easier.

But my sound is now crackling. Not even connected to a stereo, its plugged into the normal sound slots. The composite ones weren't crackling, shit.

Top Bottom