• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo to sell Component cables online AND in select retailers in the US.

jonezer4

LordWillin said:
how hard is it to mass produce cables??? its not like its hardware...its just rubber cables!!!

Like most other aspects of the Wii, I don't think Nintendo honestly anticipated this much of a demand.

Synbios459 said:
Has anyones Play-Asia orders shipped? Mine has said "Preparing Order" for the past 4 days:(

yeah, I ordered mine from play-asia and I emailed them to see whats goin on and this is what they said

thank you for contacting Play-Asia.com.

We regret the restocking date is still not confirmed. We will try to get
the stock and ship your order as soon as possible. If there are any news,
we will contact you. For the time being, we kindly request for your
patience.

In case of any further question please do not hesitate to contact us
again.

Best regards,

Michelle
Play-Asia.com

im looking for other alternatives I cant wait for these dudes to come through...im dying to play zelda...I refuse to play it with those blurry composite cables

Farore said:
WTF? I can't wait until "early 2007" to play Zelda... >__< ...
How hard is to make the damn cables available in stores? Dammit! :_(
Harder with everyone directly purchasing the stock from Nintendo.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
JoshuaJSlone said:
Harder with everyone directly purchasing the stock from Nintendo.
gafav.php

En-ou

those of you with component cables, are you playing on 480p TV? how big a difference is it if you play on normal TVs with component inputs.

best buy canada is getting wii cables this weekend. not sure about us.

vumpler

En-ou said:
those of you with component cables, are you playing on 480p TV? how big a difference is it if you play on normal TVs with component inputs.

best buy canada is getting wii cables this weekend. not sure about us.

Please read the topic it has been addressed on multiple occasions. If you are to lazy to read the topic then do a search.
since I'm a nice guy I'll tell you.. Get the ****ing cables it'll look much clearer

Drensch

how big a difference is it if you play on normal TVs with component inputs.

I can only speak to my cube here. There is a difference, but it isn't mindblowing. It's more vibrant and sharper. I am speaking about nonprogressive.

I just got the components today after having ordered them on the 20th. They make quite the difference, obviously. Not just detail and sharpness, but I never even saw many of the colours in Zelda. They don't make much of a difference in Wii sports though (again, obviously.) I'm playing on a normal SD TV by the way.

You may call me crazy, but I'm going to start Zelda over again from the beginning now after my exams are done (I've stopped at ~30 hours in on the 4th dungeon due to insane amounts of school work.) I think it's going to be pretty fun to do so, actually!

En-ou: Basically, components make everything a lot sharper / less blurry (composite is like everything has vaseline smeared over it), more detailed (due to the sharpness), and the colours are more vibrant and distinct and come out at you much more. The difference may or may not blow you away, depending on what you're expecting. I think it's huge though, and if you can get your hands on them without overpaying, it's well worth it. This is on a WEGA 27 inch TV though. If yours is under 21 or so, the difference will not be so profound. I used to play in composite all the time with an old 19 inch TV and it looked like something halfway between the two extremes on a 27 incher.

I just placed an order with NOA for these cables...Im gonna cancel my order with play-asia they also owe me a refund for charging my card when they werent supposed to

For those who need S-Video, I saw React brand ones in stock at Best Buy for $19.99. I wonder if they had stock of the component but sold out, I noticed a large supply of React component cables on ebay.

SreyB

So, I finally got my cables. It looks like Nintendo didn't update my shipping information, because they are still listed as "preparing order". It was cool because they shipped it UPS express which I think it an upgrade...

Anyway, the difference is quite a bit better, I wouldn't say night and day, but a lot better. like Kurashima was saying, you can make out a lot of the finer details in Zelda. Especially on the "adjust your tv screen", I never noticed the cool background accents. Gameplay looks a lot better, yes there are jaggies but the image looks so much sharper (I think the trade off is more than worth it).

usea

DIrtyWeasel said:
For those who need S-Video, I saw React brand ones in stock at Best Buy for $19.99. I wonder if they had stock of the component but sold out, I noticed a large supply of React component cables on ebay.
You saw them in the store? The website still lists them as coming soon for both online and in-store.

usea said:
You saw them in the store? The website still lists them as coming soon for both online and in-store.

Yes! For the love of god. Who, what, when, and where????
I have that S-video page SAVED from their website... continually frothing at the mouth wondering when....

vumpler

Ok just hooked up my component cables and literally WOW. The detail you miss without them is phenomenal. Zelda TP is actually a beautiful game and I never noticed it with the composite cables. Amazing.

still trying to get through to someone in CD/media/games. those g*damn f**kers in that department rarely f**king answer. i hate BB. im on hold. i'm calling the one in Gurnee, IL.

I will also call the BB's in Vernon Hills, IL. and at Golf Mill in Niles, IL.

I want my f**king component cables already.

Aeon712

TheIkariWarrior said:
really? im calling BB now then

Yea it was in my bulk stack of games and accessories this morning at 7am. React components are 24.99 and S-video were 19.99.Psyclone one's were like 60-65(I forgot)

vernon hills IL BB: ...NO
gurnee IL BB: ....NO
golf mill / niles BB: ...NO
:/

next on the list to call

Old Orchard, IL ...NO
Deerfield, IL ....has React S-video, no component

Aeon712 said:
If you get someone ask if they can run sku 8008988 through RSS to see if any stores in the district has any.

thank you, will do. edit: i did that with two BB stores (old orchard and gurnee) they both turned up nothing.

Chicagoland am Wii componentless :(

but on the upside, i didnt spend a dime on phone calls because i did it all through Skype.

womp

I called Nintendo Tuesday morning, guy said they were on back order and could be in "Today, tomorrow...next week...I don't know..." I chatted with the guy about how they underestimated demand for them and he gave me some BS about how the demographics show that parents just want to plug it in for their kids and play right away. I told him I hadn't even used composites for anything since before the PS1 came out (S-Video at the minimum) and wasn't about to now. I also explained that the Wii is in its own demographic of audiences and that HD TV's are now at a casual price point and to get with the program. So anyway I put my name and order in and as usual friendly people over there, chose the over night shipping in the fear that if they shipped on like the 21st or so I'd still have them in time for Christmas. I was so pissed that PlayAsia said mine were shipping the 4th and no go, cancelled that order. So yesterday I get an email that Nintendo was shipping my cables and today they were on my front step.

Primo service once again from Nintendo.

Cancel the PlayAsia and ring up Nintendo pronto guys. Now outside a 3rd Wii-Mote, I am all set for Christmas morning to open the Wii bundle my lovely wife bought for me so we can enjoy some Wii Sports in style. :D

Firestorm

Cancellation of Out Of Stock items
Dear XXXXX,

Re: Order XXXXX:

We reget to inform you that after an extensive search we have found that the following item(s) in your order is/are not available at this time.

Catalog No. Title Quantity
1004563018 Component AV Cable (Japan Version) 1

Our suppliers have told us that this/these item(s) are currently not available and will not be replenished at present. Therefore, as we are unable to deliver it/them, this/these item(s) will be removed from your order. Order total becomes USD 0.00.

We will not charge you for the cancelled item(s) if you pay by credit card. We will refund you as soon as possible if you pay by other payment method.

However, we will notify you by email if this/these item(s) become available again.

For details, please go to the following link:
XXXXX

We appreciate your business and hope that we will be able to serve you again in the near future.

Thank you for your support for YesAsia.com!

Yours sincerely,
Customer Service Department
Yesasia.com (Hong Kong) Ltd.

Damn them. I'd have waited for stock at the price they were giving me =(

Well, after waiting 7 days for my PA order to ship I canceled it and ordered them from Nitendo using RED shipping 5 mins ago, I wonder if I'll get them anytime soon?

Heh, I wonder if there are more people with Wiis but no component cables, or people with component cables but no Wiis.

I hate how I can't convince my brother, who bought a $3,500 Samsung Plasma HDTV to get component cables. He always says "It looks fine to me":(

Top Bottom