• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo to sell Component cables online AND in select retailers in the US.

Dhx

$#%@#$

Ordered in the early AM on the 21st and still preparing. Not looking good for a Zelda session this weekend.

SreyB

gameboya said:
Nobody noticed the new message on the nintendo stores site about the component cable supply today or yesterday??

I did. So I ordered some, and when I checked the order status is says BACK ORDERED.

Oh well...

Drensch

Question for those who have the cables: I have my receiver about 3-4 feet from tv. Vidoe goes into tv, audio into receiver. With the composite cables, I just "peeled" the audio away from the video. Can I do that with the component cables?

aparisi2274

Drensch said:
Question for those who have the cables: I have my receiver about 3-4 feet from tv. Vidoe goes into tv, audio into receiver. With the composite cables, I just "peeled" the audio away from the video. Can I do that with the component cables?

NC62606.gif

I dont think so... see that little box about half way down the cable neck... once u peel the audio to there, thats as far as it will go.

darscot

Drensch said:

Sorry it is unpeelable. I had female to female adapter there super cheap just grab one. Or a female to male audio cable.

Soybean

Not all is lost, though. With another audio cable and an adapter at Radio Shack to lengthen the audio portion, you'd be OK.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Has anyone ordered today/yesterday got any confirmation that they are shipping as they receive orders?

Pachinko

I'm in canada and ordered online on november 20th, thankfully I was actually able to do it all online, when I grabbed gamecube cables back in 2002 I had to phone nintendo canada to order them.

I still haven't recieved a payment/shipment email, only an email confirming that my order is in their records.

Firestorm

NoC is in Richmond... good luck. The storm here in the Greater Vancouver Region is on level with what Ontario and Quebec get... the only problem is that we aren't prepared for it :lol I hear we have 9 snow plows for the entire area.

ballhog

Mine were supposed to be delivered today but have apparently been rescheduled for monday delivery. I'm starting to get irritated. I get it that most Wii owners probably probably won't need or want component, but not having them easily available at launch is stupid. A large percentage of early adopters are going to have HDTV. Thats the kind of crap that makes us early adopters.

gkryhewy

neilka said:
Play-Asia have just shipped my component cables, so should hopefully be here for UK launch next Friday!

Mine is still listed as "preparing order" - but I can't change the order anymore, so hopefully it will be shipping soon.

gameboya

Ship Via:

UPSBLUE

Tracking #:

Not Available
Shipment Date:

Backordered
Part #

Description

Quantity

Price USD

INSERT, CONSUMER RETURN INST-US

$0.00

ACC, COMPONENT VIDEO RVL-WCS

$29.95

Yeah backordered even though they made it sound like they got another shipment in. I will just cancel this if I can get the cheap cables at best buy or circuit city etc...

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Ordered mine the 21st, status went to "Shipped" today!

Tracking number still doesn't work though.

Meier

Bleh, it said they "shipped" on the 29th so I thought I'd get em today.. turns out it didnt actually go out until today so they won't be coming until Monday now. BOOOO!

gkrykewy said:
Mine is still listed as "preparing order" - but I can't change the order anymore, so hopefully it will be shipping soon.

Same here, though I ordered S-video since it's the best my TV can do...
P-A's website says back-ordered.... please tell me I've got my order in early enough for the first run... no more composite please!

usea

Lord Helmet said:
Same here, though I ordered S-video since it's the best my TV can do...
P-A's website says back-ordered.... please tell me I've got my order in early enough for the first run... no more composite please!
Where did you order s-video cables? My tv card can't do component (I ordered cables anyway..), but it can do s-video. I've been using s-video with gcn and ps2 for a few years and composite is killing me.

Ordered component cables on the 23rd, still backordered.

lachesis

Woot...! Mine arrived!!! (Orderd at 19th Western time, 20th Eastern time, UPS Blue)
Just in time for weekends!

but I'm still at work. :(

usea said:
Where did you order s-video cables? My tv card can't do component (I ordered cables anyway..), but it can do s-video. I've been using s-video with gcn and ps2 for a few years and composite is killing me.

Ordered component cables on the 23rd, still backordered.

Ordered here: http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-10u-49-en-70-1mwg.html

They are back ordered now, but I imagine they will get some more before too long. They've always been good to me. The cables were under $28 including shipping.

Your next bet would be whenever Best Buy gets these generic cables in (if ever): http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8009004&st=wii+s-video&type=product&id=1156203388887

usea

Lord Helmet said:

They are back ordered now, but I imagine they will get some more before too long. They've always been good to me. The cables were under $28 including shipping.

Your next bet would be whenever Best Buy gets these generic cables in (if ever): http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8009004&st=wii+s-video&type=product&id=1156203388887
Ah, thanks. I think I'll wait for the ones at best buy, since they have both composite and s-video. I've found having both very convenient in the past.

Lhadatt

Thank you UPS for delaying my 2nd day shipment, even though you picked them up on 11/29. Now my cables are delayed until Monday.

Somebody owes me $2.50 or whatever it was to go UPSBLUE.

xzoowy

Firestorm said:
NoC is in Richmond... good luck. The storm here in the Greater Vancouver Region is on level with what Ontario and Quebec get... the only problem is that we aren't prepared for it :lol I hear we have 9 snow plows for the entire area.

Ordered Nov.20 : Quebec City

Dammit :(

TwIsTeD

Lhadatt said:
Thank you UPS for delaying my 2nd day shipment, even though you picked them up on 11/29. Now my cables are delayed until Monday.

Somebody owes me $2.50 or whatever it was to go UPSBLUE.

yea well my status on nintendos site says shipped 11/29 , and i picked UPSBLUE, and now the UPS site has not updated my tracking information, why the hell did I pay extra to wait till monday, man screw nintendo and the constant delay of my component cables (well i still love nintendo and the wii)

REGGIE, I don`t give money away.... I want my $2.50 back :lol

Rimshot

I need an RGB cable, but they seem to only sell that in europe.
But it's too darn expensive here.

$58 Dollars for it.
Doesnt leave you much when the console goes for $393 and each game costs $87.

Darn Sweden ;_;

cochese

I leave Thursday for a meeting and just got back and what do I find waiting for me? THE CABLES!!! WOO HOO!!!!

I placed my order on the 20th and got 2 day shipping btw. Time to play Zelda!!!

Lord Helmet said:

Also noticed the component cables are now back-ordered on Play-Asia. Still saying mine supposed to ship before Dec.4.....so I guess ordering in advance was the smart move :)

Nos_G

wtf Ninty, I ordered on the 20th and still backordered...

I'd be seriously pissed if I had a Wii already... :lol

fernoca

WTF??!?!
EB/Gamestop are now listing the Component Cables...for....January 30, 2007!?!?!?! :(

WTF, Nintendo!! :(
Something that should have been on Day 1 at every store...

EktorPR

fernoca said:
WTF??!?!
EG/Gamestop are now listign the Component Cables...for....January 30, 2007!?!?!?! :(

WTF, Nintendo!! :(
Something that should have been on Day 1 at every store...

I agree. I was already set to wait a couple of weeks to get them instead of ordering online, but I changed my mind.

I hope Best Buy gets the React brand component cables soon. They've had the hanger and price tag in the Wii section of thier stores since before Wii even released.

Firestorm

Dear XXXX,

Thank you for shopping with YesAsia.com!

With reference to the following item 'Component AV Cable (Japan Version)' in your order 4417050, the expected ship out date has been revised to Dec/21/2006.

We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding and support.

If you wish to view or modify your order, simply sign-in to your account via http://us.yesasia.com/account.

Should you have any inquiries or comments, please do not hesitate to contact us at service@yesasia.com and include this message with your reply.

Yours sincerely,
Customer Service Department
Yesasia.com (Hong Kong) Ltd.

Damn.

Good thing I'm not as desperate as you other guys or I'd be really pissed off. It's Yes-Asia, not Play-Asia for those wondering. $21 total US so not bad =/ Cheaper than I acn ever get here in Canada.

Top Bottom