• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[SPOILERS] IGN - FF XV’s Story Takes Place Over [SPOILERS] Years [SPOILERS] SPOILERS

Rymuth

LgTLsix.gif

Director Hajime Tabata has revealed that 10 years pass during Final Fantasy XV’s story.

"The whole change in Noctis’ appearance from when the game starts compared to when years have passed [is so] that people would feel the passing of time, and that they were actual living, breathing characters rather than just symbolic characters,”
<...>
&#8220;the one important part for us was to see a little bit of Regis in his appearance 10 years later.&#8221;

I thought the following was also interesting.
&#8220;It&#8217;s not typical to see a lot of Japanese RPGs with a mid-aged man as the main character,&#8221;<..> A lot of people who like Japanese RPGs would be surprised by the fact that they&#8217;ll see this character age in the way that he does, so it took a lot of courage for us as developers to do that. But we felt that it was important in communicating [the party&#8217;s] development and wanting to express it in a way that we only can with the current generation of consoles.&#8221;

- IGN

Change my name to Luna if old.

dGtyTbn.gif

udivision

Can we please get over the the game's development length already?

EDIT: ...This was supposed to be a joke at the expense of the thread title, oops.

Man, that sucks, the leak was... it was just awful.

I really hope the game isn't like the leak. Because if it is... god it's gonna be bad.

Zetta

Gotta love when the game story is spoiled like this, hell I've been avoiding just about everything about this so thanks for that OP.

RPGam3r

I didn't realize aging 10yrs moved your ears, changed facial structure and gave a massive upgrade in skin tone/tan.

Hektor

You'Re telling me the time within the game's universe moves onwards as we progress through the story? I, for one, am spoiled!

Welp, I guess that was a spoiler.

The aging looks kinda extreme considering it's only 10 years older, well actually, maybe not

Gurnlei

Hm...

So much for people trying to convince themselves the plot from earlier leak threads were fake..

Why does Prompto still look and sound like a teenager if he's 10 years older?
I guess it's fine to share this since it's basically the first thing you see, but that really shouldn't have been in the intro.

To those saying people don't age that much over 10 years, it really depends what kind of stress he's under.

This is Obama in less than 8 years

obama-before-and-after-620x413.jpg

Top Bottom