• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[SPOILERS] IGN - FF XV’s Story Takes Place Over [SPOILERS] Years [SPOILERS] SPOILERS

chefbags

They're really taking that fantasy based on reality to heart huh lol.

10 years pass for us and 10 years pass for Noctis. We can definitely relate now lol

To those saying people don't age that much over 10 years, it really depends what kind of stress he's under.

This is Obama in less than 8 years

obama-before-and-after-620x413.jpg

He's like 55 tho

They're really taking that fantasy based on reality to heart huh lol.

10 years pass for us and 10 years pass for Noctis. We can definitely relate now lol

That long lifespan expectancy doing wonders

I wouldn't expect it from a JRPG, but it could be pretty frigging interesting if the game's narrative winds up intentionally reflecting its development.

To those saying people don't age that much over 10 years, it really depends what kind of stress he's under.

Again, he looks like an entirely different person. He looks like his dad, so really his normal appearance shouldn't look Asian really.

It's like they were to afraid to make Noctis look anything but Asian and as a concession made his future self look like how he should.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
“There’s not a deep reason as to why we made it ten years,” Tabata confessed. “It’s just that we needed a significant amount of time to have passed within the game for certain reasons.”

Leaks get more and more credible with each story tease.
This makes it sound like it's not an AC type of situation where the character gradually ages and gets some subtle changes but more like a timeskip of some sort.

jett

D-Member
That leak was just way too accurate to ignore.

Anyway, according to the leak
Noctis just goes into stasis at some point to get more powerful, for reasons. The game doesn't really take place over ten years. More like you snap your fingers and bam, it's ten years later.

Remember Smash? People were denying them up to release. Will be the same here

I mean the minute we saw old Noctis and Regis's redesign I knew they were real but still, it's so profoundly stupid.

I can safely say, since they're likely true, that this will be the worst FF narrative.

Mifec

This makes it sound like it's not an AC type of situation where the character gradually ages and gets some subtle changes but more like a timeskip of some sort.

That leak was just way too accurate to ignore.

Anyway, according to the leak
Noctis just goes into stasis at some point to get more powerful, for reasons. The game doesn't really take place over ten years. More like you snap your fingers and bam, it's ten years later.

Pretty much yes.

ryushe

The game begins with a cold open of this. How is this a spoiler?
It's a spoiler when you're on media blackout on the game and the headline from a major gaming news outlet is "Final Fantasy XV’s Story Takes Place Over 10" happens to pop up on your twitter feed.

I mean the minute we saw old Noctis and Regis's redesign I knew they were real but still, it's so profoundly stupid.

I can safely say, since they're likely true, that this will be the worst FF narrative.
Why would it make it worse? I keep hearing from people being sad that the leaks are turning out to be true.

Didn't we already know this? Honestly I don't think this is a spoiler at all. A game that takes place and moves steadily across a time period is par for the course for a lot of games, isn't it?

As has been said, it's pretty much just a "Now it's ten years later!" moment and then the game runs through a virtually straight line to its conclusion.

Having a JRPG where you spend a not inconsiderable amount of time as an older man isn't the worst idea though (totally not saying this as one or anything).

The game begins with a cold open of this. How is this a spoiler?

Unsure how this is a spoiler. Isn't that like the First 10 minutes of this game they've showed 20 hours of

More like first 10 seconds and this was apparent.. he just told how many years.

Ugh! Spoilers~!

Oh no I didn't shield my eyes and now everything is ruined bah god spoilers!

No need to be smartasses. Been avoiding most media besides the usual desert gameplay, including cinematics. How are people avoiding story details supposed to know it opens either 10 years in the past or in the future? It conflicts with the thread title which implies the actual game you play unfolds across a decade.

You'Re telling me the time within the game's universe moves onwards as we progress through the story? I, for one, am spoiled!
How many games have you playing through an in-game timeline of 10 years, which is what the thread title made it seem like? This isn't the usual handful of days/weeks most games span from.

Pooya

and to reflect the director change, the role of main villain changes too. Like it's so obvious the emperor dude is Jihl Nabaat tier irrelevant.

Mediking

Showing off your main character as older in the beginning of your game is not a good idea. That should've been saved it as a cool moment for later in the game. Now the actual story of Final Fantasy XV gets complicated in a bad way. And no, I haven't seen any leaks.

It's a spoiler when you're on media blackout on the game and the headline from a major gaming news outlet is "Final Fantasy XV’s Story Takes Place Over 10" happens to pop up on your twitter feed.

It's literally the first 15-30 seconds of the game.

Arkeband

Banned

Now just change all of his facial features and his race and you've got something close to Noctis's transformation.

It's not the obligation of a site that exists primarily to report information about video games to ensure you manage to go years without learning anything about a high profile, widely marketed release

Mifec

Man I think we need another spoiler culture is crazy post from whatever mod did it in that one thread some time ago.

Final Fantasy is one of the biggest gaming properties around, and you're on the largest video game message board on the internet.

Sorry that IGN in an interview with the director of the game didn't keep in mind whatever completely arbitrary definitions of spoilers people had.

The onus isn't on them.

Blastoise

Banned
Doesn't the magic in FFXV come from the King. Thats why King Regis looks old as fuck.

If Noctis goes from Prince to King. He will age fast as well, right?

Which I knew nothing bout until just reading your post...

Pro tip: Don't enter a thread about a game you wish to stay in the dark on

I seriously am struggling to understand why people are upset. Didn't we know MGSV took place over 10 years or so? Was that considered a spoiler too?

Boke1879

and hey! Maybe we should play the game first. While the game may jump forward 10 years, maybe something happens an actual time is taken off his life making him appear older.

Pro tip: Don't enter a thread about a game you wish to stay in the dark on

I seriously am struggling to understand why people are upset. Didn't we know MGSV took place over 10 years or so? Was that considered a spoiler too?

Um it's in the thread title

And yes that would have been a spoiler for MGSV too. I didn't know it took place over that period until I played it

Top Bottom