• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple September Event 2016 |OT| Apple invents wireless audio

Status
Not open for further replies.

giga

10Kgv4g.png

t1473267600z4.png

Livestream: http://www.apple.com/apple-events/september-2016/
- Safari (iOS/Mac)
- Edge (Windows 10)
- Apple TV

What to expect
- iPhone 7
- Apple Watch 2
- iOS 10
- AirPods

iPhone 7
- No headphone jack
- "Force Touch" (pressure sensitive) home button
- iPhone 6S design with streamlined antenna lines
- Dark (matte) black and piano (gloss) black color options (RIP space grey)
- Water resistant (1 meter up to 30 minutes)
- A10 chip (faster than iPad Pro)
- 32GB / 128GB / 256GB storage options
- DCI P3 display
- Dual cameras with optical zoom and light field uses (Plus only)
- 3G RAM (Plus only)

Apple Watch
- Faster
- GPS
- Larger battery
- Same size / form factor
- New bands

iOS 10: http://www.macrumors.com/roundup/ios-10/

AirPods
- Wireless earbuds
- White
- Expensive

Epic and Chair will probably be revealing their game SPYJINX, which they collaborated with JJ Abrams on. It's made in Unreal Engine 4, so it'll probably be used as a visual tech showcase like Infinity Blade was

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Love that thread title.

Probably sitting this one out since my 6s+ has an audio jack.

Really hoping they bring it back for the 7s.

Quick

Banned
Subbed.

I'm more interested in seeing if they do actually come out with a second gen Apple Watch, but the iPhone is obviously the main event.

I wonder how many OTs we can get out of this "Apple Invents X" thing

Anyway, I'm in for a phone, a watch, several pairs of wireless headphones (day-to-day, sport, and high quality), any associated docks, probably new bands, and on the off-chance: new MacBook Pro, new 12.9" iPad, new iPad Mini, new AppleTV, new airport time capsule

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
For the Apple plan, yearly upgrade. Can you pre order at all? Do I have to go into the store itself or can i do the Apple store upgrade plan online? This would be the first time I start it.

Anion

Man, I should sell my 42mm iWatch Sport for $220-50 with the extra band like tonight on Swappa...ugh Im so late at this.

going the Apple iPhone plan route, not sure whether to go for the AppleCare + though.

It's included in the monthly price

For the Apple plan, yearly upgrade. Can you pre order at all? Do I have to go into the store itself or can i do the Apple store upgrade plan online? This would be the first time I start it.

Preorder online and select iPhone Upgrade Program as your upgrade path, select the store you're going to drop into to pick it up/apply. Assuming they don't let you do online applications this year

Hyoukokun

New rumor is that the wireless earpods are sold separately.

Future ain't free!

Apple's high-end wireless earbuds may not ship with iPhone 7 https://www.engadget.com/2016/09/06/apples-high-end-wireless-earbuds-may-not-ship-with-iphone-7/

This may be cynical of me, but I could see them spreading this rumor so that it seems like more of a bargain when the headphones *are* included. The early rumors about the iPad had it at $1,000+, so that they could say "see what a bargain it is!" when they revealed the actual price.

Zutroy

This may be cynical of me, but I could see them spreading this rumor so that it seems like more of a bargain when the headphones *are* included. The early rumors about the iPad had it at $1,000+, so that they could say "see what a bargain it is!" when they revealed the actual price.
I would expect lightening headphones included, and be very pleasantly surprised if we got the wireless ones.

Deku Tree

These are the competition for the AirPods: $299

http://store.bragi.com

Also Bragi just announced a $149 version. No cords.

suaveric

My family plan contract is up in a few days, we're still on the original iphone unlimited plan from ATT. Are they still letting people continue that? Even trying to figure out if we're overpaying for what we get is tough. I can barely understand all the other options from ATT and the other carriers.

I think it's almost time for my upgrade to be up. Going to stick with iOS, just works better for me.

I'm more interested in the headphones. Maybe the wireless ones have gotten slimmer but, yeah, if the price is right for these AirPods, I might consider them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom