• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple September Event 2016 |OT| Apple invents wireless audio

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanR1221

Most likely in for a 7+ 128gb to keep my apple payment plan going. I don't mind the monthly payments and like having the latest tech.

My family plan contract is up in a few days, we're still on the original iphone unlimited plan from ATT. Are they still letting people continue that? Even trying to figure out if we're overpaying for what we get is tough. I can barely understand all the other options from ATT and the other carriers.

AT&T doesn't do 2 year contracts anymore so you are 100% overpaying. Though I guess that also depends on how much data you're using..

RDreamer

Man I wish they would do Macbook Pros during this. Mine is literally limping to the finish line here with almost every part broken or in disrepair. Apple pls.

antispin

Hyped!

Epic and Chair will probably be revealing their game SPYJINX, which they collaborated with JJ Abrams on. It's made in Unreal Engine 4, so it'll probably be used as a visual tech showcase like Infinity Blade was

Hyped x3. I hope it's a nice, meaty, WRPG.

xk0sm0sx

I'm interested in how they are planning to resolve latency issues with wireless audio. That's my major criticism with wireless, you can't play music games or watch movies in sync because there's a noticeable delay, at least when I had my wireless earphone.

Also how long are the wireless earbuds battery life.

Jeffrey

yeah all the 'truly' wireless earbuds are like hundreds of dollars for samsung or what not.

Apple ain't tossing those in for free.

Probably $400+

I'm gonna miss the headphone jack but I'm pretty much in.

Has anyone done an upgrade program for a new iPhone through their phone carrier before? How smooth was the process?

Synless

I'm interested in how they are planning to resolve latency issues with wireless audio. That's my major criticism with wireless, you can't play music games or watch movies in sync because there's a noticeable delay, at least when I had my wireless earphone.

Also how long are the wireless earbuds battery life.
What? I use wireless almost daily at work and I have none of that issue. Literally the same wired as wireless.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
I'm ready.

No I'm not. I'm working until 2. (It starts at 1 Eastern)

Guess I get to dodge my manager and read my @MacRumorsLive tweet notifications then watch it later tomorrow.

suaveric

AT&T doesn't do 2 year contracts anymore so you are 100% overpaying. Though I guess that also depends on how much data you're using..

From what I can tell, it looks like I'm overpaying at first, but then you have to factor in that my current plan includes the price of our phones in it. Then all of a sudden it's about the same price.

Any word on iPad refreshes? I'm really tempted to get an iPad Air 2 now since it's under $500, but I'm waiting one more day just in case.

From what I can tell, it looks like I'm overpaying at first, but then you have to factor in that my current plan includes the price of our phones in it. Then all of a sudden it's about the same price.

Assuming it really is the old plan, the breakdown should be like this

Plan + cost of phone + like access fee

But since they don't do two year contracts anymore the price of the phone is going to wind up being $800 instead of $300 like previously. The plan is whatever the plan costs and the access fee is $40

But I haven't looked at the old plans in years

antispin

KGI saying AirPods may use Apple's own wireless protocol over Bluetooth for obvious reasons:

"We also believe Apple will have its own-designed Bluetooth-like communication chip, given its higher requirements for power-saving, communication specs, and potential rapid growth of Bluetooth headphone shipments."

http://www.theverge.com/2016/9/6/12825504/apple-wireless-headphones-custom-chip-iphone-7

Was hoping for this. Please be an open standard. Edit: doesn't sound like it'll be open :(

Fuchsdh

KGI saying AirPods may use Apple's own wireless protocol over Bluetooth for obvious reasons:

"We also believe Apple will have its own-designed Bluetooth-like communication chip, given its higher requirements for power-saving, communication specs, and potential rapid growth of Bluetooth headphone shipments."

http://www.theverge.com/2016/9/6/12825504/apple-wireless-headphones-custom-chip-iphone-7

That'd be kind of funny, considering Apple was sticking Bluetooth in its computers and I vividly remember people saying that it'd never amount to anything, but if there's a better technology out there they might be the first to use it.

Most interested in the Apple Watch 2, because it might be something I'm interested in now that the kinks are worked out and people and Apple actually know what they're good for.

Deku Tree

People have been saying this for a while but When you combine with other rumors then you have a pair of $300 premium AirPods that can only work with a the new iPhone and new October Macs? I don't know man, I just don't know.

border

What exactly is the point of including GPS in the Apple Watch? It's not going to be able to connect to the internet to download directions or maps. Is it just for tracking your runs?

I really hope the Apple Watch 2 looks good. GPS would be a huge part for me.

All rumors point to it having the same casing as the first Apple Watch. Just the insides getting a big upgrade.

I am waiting for the news tomorrow before getting one. Depends on how much they discount the first Apple Watches, but Best Buy has some great deals going on the first generation right now.

dc89

With the improvements Watch OS 3 brings to the speed and functionality to I don't see a compelling reason to even consider replacing my stainless steel Apple Watch.

The battery is already great (can get 2 days with minimum use) and GPS isn't a compeling feature to me.

Dramos

New MacBook or bust.

In all seriousness, I just got myself my first Apple product (after being a long time Microsoft supporter) and I must say I am enjoying it (Apple 6S+). Looking forward to replace my Surface Pro 3 now...

All I really care about is them showing off new Macbook Pros. I thought they were expected to announce them, but people here don't seem to agree :(((

I would be interested in airpods, hopefully they are not too expensive.

I'm going to move from the Stainless Steel to the Space Black Stainless Steel and snatch up all the black bands on offer. I just like the "premium" look too much

What? I use wireless almost daily at work and I have none of that issue. Literally the same wired as wireless.
I've tried a few different headsets and they've all had a varying degrees of latency which is annoying with video. The worst is in my car when my kids are using a device connected to Bluetooth.

XMonkey

lacks enthusiasm.
All I really care about is them showing off new Macbook Pros. I thought they were expected to announce them, but people here don't seem to agree :(((
I still have hope they're announced for a release in Oct. I'm expecting nothing, per usual lately.

dvolovets

Oof. I still don't know what to do re: a MacBook Pro. I really don't know how I feel about the rumored keyboard changes and the ditching of all USB slots except USB-C. I wish they would just talk about the new ones tomorrow so that I could decide what to do haha. I understand that USB-C is the future but I'm not quite ready to move on yet. Not only that, but I have a very powerful laptop I'm using right now (late 2014 i7 @ 2.6 GHz, 16 GB of RAM, etc) and even though I want to make the switch to iOS, I don't want to do it at the expense of performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom