• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin’s Creed The Ezio Collection - Announcement Trailer

Taker34

Banned
Oh look it's another lazy cash grab remaster. Payday 2, Dishonored and Darksiders say "Hi". Prototype can't even do that.

Wtf guys? AC2 looks much better. Some of you guys should go back and see how AC2 looks on consoles. The faces alone in the trailer look much better.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Wtf guys? AC2 looks much better. Some of you guys should go back and see how AC2 looks on consoles. The faces alone in the trailer look much better.
I recently seen it, didn't look that bad tbh
Not sure about this as I'm on mobile
Waiting on the Americans Collection.

NewDust

Open World games on current gen console CPU's and 60 FPS probably aren't going to go together. This is probably close to the old PC version detail levels at 1080p 30. Which sounds in line with what to expect.

Yup, definitely more graphical intensive than MGSV

/s

Did you come frome 360 or ps3? Looks better than ps3, on par with 360,just better resolution.

Bizzquik

I could've forgiven a lazy port if they made it to 60fps and charged $20 at launch for the collection.

But seriously - who is this aimed at? If they aren't going to spend the time to give the games some TLC, why should potential new fans care when the graphics are that dated?

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.

/s

and much more than Metro Redux, Dirt Rally, Overwatch, DOOM...all these ugly looking current gen games.

Ennosuke

Ezio is GOAT, I love those games! I basically disliked all ACs afterwards. Syndicate might be the exception.

But I am kind of surprised how bad the game looks these days.

Would I buy it? Definitely no, I don't see a reason for playing them again.

Even though the improvements are pretty meh, I'll probably pick this up later on down the line anyway just because the Ezio trilogy is so freaking good.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
So I went back and watched the cutscenes on pc to find like for like scenes. Seems like they redid a lot of the texture work and lighting in AC2. Some quick and dirty comparisons.

screenshot2016-09-13a9mu0b.png

screenshot2016-09-13a41uyq.png

screenshot2016-09-13az4uo1.png

screenshot2016-09-13axouh9.png

screenshot2016-09-13aoluk7.png

screenshot2016-09-13a7pujp.png

screenshot2016-09-13asiu1x.png

screenshot2016-09-13albuah.png

screenshot2016-09-13afqu9x.png

screenshot2016-09-13achukj.png

screenshot2016-09-13av0u4z.png

screenshot2016-09-13avzue7.png

With faces that move like that I can't imagine rebuilding the models and reusing the animation data would go over well. >_> Add these comparisons to the OP?

Juraash

I really enjoyed Assassin's Creed 2, and I liked Ezio. If/when this hits the right price, I'd be willing to bite to replay it. Never played Ezio's other two games so there is some value there for me.

SDR-UK

I went from hyped to deflated. I stupidly expected more of an effort put into what many would consider the apex of the series. Bargain bin, I guess.

Springy

Are there people in this thread who are happy they excluded features in this re-release because it'll make for an easier platinum? Are you for fucking real?

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I went from hyped to deflated. I stupidly expected more of an effort put into what many would consider the apex of the series. Bargain bin, I guess.
Check Edens post, they put effort in and that's from the PC version.
People are miss remembering what it look like.

Newlove

Hoped for more work on the graphics there. Revelations upgrade looks pretty good, although it probably didn't look much different at the time.

Muffdraul

Aw, man... about three or four months ago I finally replayed AC4 for the first time since it came out. Then I finally played Liberation, and Rogue for the first time. I intended to stop there, but then I couldn't help playing Unity again. Then Syndicate. Seriously thought I was done at that point... but then I went back and replayed AC1, 2, Bro, and Revelations. Only one I didn't replay was AC3. No idea when I'll be ready to play the Ezio games again. Not for a couple years, probably.

Lnds500

Are there people in this thread who are happy they excluded features in this re-release because it'll make for an easier platinum? Are you for fucking real?

Multiplayer on remasters hasn't been a thing for ages - i believe it was 2013 titles which supported their respective modes. So no surprise then.

And yes i am happy either way cause the multi (or vetter yet, Ubi's push for time-consuming multi trophies) cost me my platinums in quite a few AC games. Good riddance.

Taker34

Banned
screenshot2016-09-13avzue7.png

With faces that move like that I can't imagine rebuilding the models and reusing the animation data would go over well. >_> Add these comparisons to the OP?

ac2yszzp.png

ac3ribdn.png

This one is just as shocked as we are.

Judging from the trailer, some character textures have been redone, while geometry and other textures haven't been touched at all. They simply benefit from the higher resolution, which is extremely disappointing, considering the fact that we're looking at a 30 fps collection.

Springy

Multiplayer on remasters hasn't been a thing for ages - i believe it was 2013 titles which supported their respective modes. So no surprise then.

And yes i am happy either way cause the multi (or vetter yet, Ubi's push for time-consuming multi trophies) cost me my platinums in quite a few AC games. Good riddance.
Preach. The amount of games I lost that sweet plat because of all that lame content. If only they cut out everything in 2 but that part where you stab the pope.

You know not the bane of us Trophy/Achievement hunters.
You guys really scare me.

Belakor

Banned
What a big cashgrab.The fact that it doesn't even come to PC shows how little of an "enhancement" they made to the games,they'll just port them to new gen consoles with high PC settings

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
ac2yszzp.png

ac3ribdn.png

This one is just as shocked as we are.

Judging from the trailer, some character textures have been redone, while geometry and other textures haven't been touched at all. They simply benefit from the higher resolution, which is extremely disappointing, considering the fact that we're looking at a 30 fps collection.
Seems like most of the effort went towards making AC2 look better. World geometry hasn't been touched as all in any of the games it seems. Don't wanna mess with that level design. But they all look better than the original PC releases thankfully. No idea why we aren't getting PC support for this release. :/

What a big cashgrab.The fact that it doesn't even come to PC shows how little of an "enhancement" they made to the games,they'll just port them to new gen consoles with high PC settings
See the comparison above, they all look better than the pc port at max settings.

Springy

I don't blame anyone on that.
Listen. I feel your pain. I have subjected myself to Terminator Salvation on 360 and PS3 back to back. For the cheevos. But there is a line. Thousands of people's stabbings are at stake.

It's not too late to turn back.

Toa TAK

Banned
Listen. I feel your pain. I have subjected myself to Terminator Salvation on 360 and PS3 back to back. For the cheevos. But there is a line. Thousands of people's stabbings are at stake.

It's not too late to turn back.
I'd rather do that (mainly because it was so easy) than GRIND GRIND GRIIIND

There's no going back for us. The addiction is there. Just gotta hear that *pop* one more time...

Lister

Banned
Lmao the CPUs are not THAT bad.

/s

Did you come frome 360 or ps3? Looks better than ps3, on par with 360,just better resolution.

Not sure if clueless or what.

You do understand that some computing tasks are very CPU demanding... like throngs of pathfinding, animating, collision detecting NPC's all over the place, right?

Add levels of detail, and increased crorwd sizes from the PC version, and yeah, it's going to be tough for the CPU's to hit a stable 60.

MGSV doesn't have anything like Venice, last time I checked.

Taker34

Banned
Not sure if clueless or what.

You do understand that some computing tasks are very CPU demanding... like throngs of pathfinding, animating, collision detecting NPC's all over the place, right?

Add levels of detail, and increased crorwd sizes from the PC version, and yeah, it's going to be tough for the CPU's to hit a stable 60.

MGSV doesn't have anything like Venice, last time I checked.

Wait - do you realize how old AC2 for example is? The recommended CPU requirement for max PC settings is a Intel Core 2 Duo E6700 @ 2.6 GHz

Are you joking? Is this some kind of new sarcasm? I'm not sure anymore.

bndadm

They couldn't even be bothered to even include dlc? That's the biggest joke of all.
Pass.

Edit: ah it's just the multi dlc missing? Okay. That's something.

Top Bottom