• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SFV's Urien coming 9.23 with dailies and some stage transitions

bcf205691d9ad65a2956c7f4972a7b80.gif

Amazing

That's hilarious. xP

Sounds like an excellent update.

Bad timing though, a lot of us will presumably be busy with Shadow Lords and then Horizon 3 hits right after. Ah well, I suppose this whole season is packed.

I hope the dailies are smartly designed so you can queue up a few of them, Hearthstone-style.

Bob White

Pretty good end to the season in terms of content. Won't set the world on fire but it'll do. Bring on season 2. I'm so hyped for even a shred of info.

Ashtar

Sounds like an excellent update.

Bad timing though, a lot of us will presumably be busy with Shadow Lords and then Horizon 3 hits right after. Ah well, I suppose this whole season is packed.

I hope the dailies are smartly designed so you can queue up a few of them, Hearthstone-style.
Lol I never heard of shadow lords and a quick Google search brings up lord of shadow somehow I doubt a game that doesn't even out rank a bomb from 3 years ago I doubt will impact sfv

Tripon

The most important part of the list.

The issue which added an additional frame of lag to PlayStation 4 fight sticks on PlayStation 4 has been identified and patched. Now input time is unified across PlayStation 4, legacy controllers and PC.

Femto.

I wouldn't call 85k, 85k, 40k and 40k cheap

So DLC costumes still don't come with all the Colors.

Yeah they do:

Premium Costumes now include all colors

Existing and future premium costumes will now include colors 3-10 when purchased. This will be retroactive for those that have already purchased the premium costumes

blazeaire

Those colors aren't really cheap imo. I'm better off buying a premium costume and getting those colors for free and saving the FM for future characters

vg260

Lol I never heard of shadow lords and a quick Google search brings up lord of shadow somehow I doubt a game that doesn't even out rank a bomb from 3 years ago I doubt will impact sfv

That is the name of the new single player mode for Killer Instinct.

This update is very good and will get me back in the game. I'm most excited that this wraps up all the already promised content, and hopefully they can start tackling other stuff.

Blueblur1

No, I meant in a previous blog post. Anyway, I went back and found the older blog post. They did specify it was DLC characters only. I must have misread it back in August. I thought the main cast was included. What a bummer. :-(

Link: http://www.capcom-unity.com/haunts/blog/2016/08/15/street-fighter-v-development-update-vol-3

"Colors 3-10 for Season Pass holders

Colors 3-10 on default, and battle costumes for all confirmed DLC characters will now be included for all Season Pass holders."

All confirmed DLC characters? I don't wanna read into it too much, but interesting choice of words.

Femto.

No, I meant in a previous blog post. Anyway, I went back and found the older blog post. They did specify it was DLC characters only. I must have misread it back in August. I thought the main cast was included. What a bummer. :-(

Link: http://www.capcom-unity.com/haunts/blog/2016/08/15/street-fighter-v-development-update-vol-3

I fucking wish. At least we can grind fight money for it.

"Colors 3-10 for Season Pass holders

Colors 3-10 on default, and battle costumes for all confirmed DLC characters will now be included for all Season Pass holders."

All confirmed DLC characters? I don't wanna read into it too much, but interesting choice of words.

Well, Capcom seems like it will support SFV post 2016.

The top fighter this gen just keeps getting better. The stage transition from the street to the office/bank reminds me of those old KI rumors about knocking someone through the window on Combo's gym stage in the arcade version.

Dinjoralo

I'm not seeing proper keyboard binding on there... I don't even play with keyboard, but I'm not gonna let that slide.

But hey, this game seems to be coming together... Hopefully, it's not too late to jump back in without being stomped by everyone.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Colors are pretty expensive for the original characters, even more so when you consider that if it's a character you actually put some time into playing you should easily be able to unlock 3-6 via survival mode. You're essentially paying that price for 4 colors. Or you're buying color packs for characters you don't actually use much, which seems like a very strange way to spend money.

Still, people want to buy them so go for it, Capcom.

vg260

Not sure how I feel about the color pack pricing. Still seems high and I'm not a fan of charging for basic colors. The first 10 should have been earnable simply by leveling your character up.

However, say what you want about season passes in general, this one ended up being a good deal given what they are throwing in.

Blues1990

So long as Urien has his SFIII costume, I'm down with casting Aegis Reflector & "Power Gyser" to wreck people up n' down the block.

5 bucks a pop for a color pack isn't too bad for me. I'm not using FM on them and I refuse to touch Survival mode.

I hope one of the dailies is Complete Survival On The Highest Setting Without Dying.

Was hoping Bison's stage and Alex and Ibuki's old outfits would be part of this update. Maybe there's more updates throughout the year.

Wallach

Colors for all season pass holders... thank fuck, dude. Never again will I have the stench of survival mode on my hands.

Also Urien, it's about damn time! Now I just need his banana hammock costume and Alex's bomber jacket costume and I'm good.

MrCarter

VERY happy with this update and I can't wait to dive into it with this patch. Capcom have come a long way since February and I hope they keep up the great work going forwards. Also this:

JLeIeTP.png

『Inaba Resident』;217135363 said:
Says it right in the post.

When it comes to SFV reading comprehension goes out the window. Capcom has to be super specific with how they word everything and in bold.

Top Bottom