• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SFV's Urien coming 9.23 with dailies and some stage transitions

TheOGB

Banned
The Japanese SFV blog has more images.
58c1ffbf54d77e48f5d3799e5bb29fdd.jpg
...Oh, I get it

It's a MatRyushka doll

Going by the start and end dates of these Daily Challenges, they seem to be more like Weekly Challenges.
Maybe there's a set of challenges you can do every day for that set time? Or you just do them one in that time frame. So, Weeklies :p

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
The features that are coming with upcoming update looks so amazing. I'm glad that they decided to include all colors for DLC costumes, along with DLC characters if you have season pass. So far, they did good job with the game.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Wait...did anyone miss this...Fight in a ranked match to earn 1000 Fight Money?! That would be awesome if it implies you get that after every ranked match.

That's not what it's implying. If you get a daily challenge to do a ranked match to get that, you only do ONE to get that bonus. The win is 100 or whatever they have as the default. You don't get a bonus 1000 outside of playing that one match to meet the condition for the daily.

Spman2099

Colors for all season pass holders... thank fuck, dude. Never again will I have the stench of survival mode on my hands.

Also Urien, it's about damn time! Now I just need his banana hammock costume and Alex's bomber jacket costume and I'm good.

I have never wanted to throw my money away more. You win, Capcom; just sell me the damn costume already!

Teepo671

The colors do sound kind of expensive. Eh, at least dailies are FINALLY coming. Just have my fingers crossed that challenges that don't explicitly state playing in ranked can be done in lobby games! Those new stage transitions look pretty sweet, too! Kinda wish that samurai helmet didn't fly off after the first hit though.

Spman2099

The colors do sound kind of expensive. Eh, at least dailies are FINALLY coming. Just have my fingers crossed that challenges that don't explicitly state playing in ranked can be done in lobby games! Those new stage transitions look pretty sweet, too! Kinda wish that samurai helmet didn't fly off after the first hit though.

I am going to assume that they are going to want you to play most of your games in ranked. You may be able to do a bunch of them in unranked, but I doubt they would allow lobbys to count. Seems like it would be too easily exploitable.

OrochiJR

Before I get overly ecstatic, it does seem to imply that for 4.99 you get colors 3-10 for ALL default characters, not just for one single character? That would mean it will be 14 bucks for all of the color packs together, which is way less then what I expected it to be.

Farewell

Hope they don't want money for stage transitions.

And wow are they finally fixing the input lag on fightsticks? Sounds awesome.

lupinko

Before I get overly ecstatic, it does seem to imply that for 4.99 you get colors 3-10 for ALL default characters, not just for one single character? That would mean it will be 14 bucks for all of the color packs together, which is way less then what I expected it to be.

It's for all characters because why would one set of colours for one character be 85,000 Fight Money?

histopher

Here's a prayer that the Thailand stage signals the return of Adon, or a completely new character. Lord knows Sagat needs to be dead and whomever this character is should have his head.

Whoa easy up buddy. Sagat is awesome! So is Adon and I would even like to see a new muay thai character but jeez no need to kill him off.

Tizoc

After seeing how Capcom handled Claw, Boxer, Gief and Dhalsim, I more than welcome Sagat if only to see what Capcom can do with him in SF5 in terms of reworking hsi movelist.

Raitaro

I'm being friggin ECSTATIC over here guys! STAGE TRANSITIONS actually being added in?! And in September already?! Hell YEAH!

O.O.O.O.O.O.O.O.O.O.O.O.O.O.O.O.O.O.O.O.O.O.O.O.O.O.O.O.O.O.O.O.O.O.O.O.O.O.O.O.O.O.O.O

My hat is off to you Capcom, for actually delivering this!

(Now do an arcade version next to help win over more Japanese fans, as possibly hinted at, and add an arcade mode for the home version as well pls.)

Teepo671

I am going to assume that they are going to want you to play most of your games in ranked. You may be able to do a bunch of them in unranked, but I doubt they would allow lobbys to count. Seems like it would be too easily exploitable.

Yeah, I'm guessing it'll be limited to ranked/casual matchmaking as welll. I'm just hoping it won't be the case because ranked/casual matchmaking is borked for me and pretty much everyone else on our little island.

Darrenf

Colours are a little expensive, I'm still getting them though. I wonder if you will be able to complete the targets in offline or will only Ranked/Casual count. Surprised by the amount of FM you get for doing them. Can't wait to try out Urien.

Whoa easy up buddy. Sagat is awesome! So is Adon and I would even like to see a new muay thai character but jeez no need to kill him off.

After seeing how Capcom handled Claw, Boxer, Gief and Dhalsim, I more than welcome Sagat if only to see what Capcom can do with him in SF5 in terms of reworking hsi movelist.
I swear, if this ends up being Sagat, I'm going to destroy both of you with my top tier, frame advantaged FANG for supporting this.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
VERY happy with this update and I can't wait to dive into it with this patch. Capcom have come a long way since February and I hope they keep up the great work going forwards. Also this:

JLeIeTP.png
Is there a higher quality version out there of this?

MrCarter

Yeah, sorry, I should have been more specific. I see other people have clarified what I meant already, so I'll just say the beta for Shadow Lords is really cool. It's like Alpha 3's World Tour but taken much, much further. It actually reminds me most of board games like Pandemic, just mixed in with Killer Instinct and its pretty damn good AI.

Definitely recommend you give it a try if your controller situation improves.

Ignoring the fact that I never claimed this would be a problem for most people, it's not like so many people are playing SF5 either. This update -- while sounding great, again -- won't significantly change that.

(And in terms of player numbers KI is a significantly more successful fighting game anyway.)

How do you know not "many people are playing SF5"? Let's not generalise without any facts. SFV might not have the sales of say Smash but it's still the most popular fighting game being played in tournaments throughout the world.

I-hate-u

Really happy they are improving the game, maybe I'll jump back in to. SF deserves it, it's one of the GOAT. It's sad they couldn't ship the product they probably wanted at launch, but it's the reality reflecting the tough financial situation at Capcom.

Good number on the dailies. Hopefully some of those are just "participate in 10 Casual Matches", "participate in 10 Ranked Matches", and "Play as Birdie, Dhalsim, FANG, Zangief, and Vega for 30 minutes" things.

The King doesn't need a rework, fool.

Well he'll get one. "Reductive" characters like him already got changed in the transition over to V. Dhalsim doesn't sit back and pushback and zone with feet, fists, and flame any more; gotta be dirty, gotta be slippery. Sagat would NOT be TIGERTIGERTIGERTIGERTIGER in V period.

Raitaro

Good number on the dailies. Hopefully some of those are just "participate in 10 Casual Matches", "participate in 10 Ranked Matches", and "Play as Birdie, Dhalsim, FANG, Zangief, and Vega for 30 minutes" things.

Well he'll get one. "Reductive" characters like him already got changed in the transition over to V. Dhalsim doesn't sit back and pushback and zone with feet, fists, and flame any more; gotta be dirty, gotta be slippery. Sagat would NOT be TIGERTIGERTIGERTIGERTIGER in V period.

Speaking of tigers, did we ever find out what that Tiger Beer tease by Ono was for (unless it was for that Thailand throwback stage but if so, he never linked the tease to it I believe)? Any chance they'll have some more surprises in store during TGS? I'd definitely be up for a tweaked / partly re-invented Sagat.

Pompadour

Speaking of tigers, did we ever find out what that Tiger Beer tease by Ono was for (unless it was for that Thailand throwback stage but if so, he never linked the tease to it I believe)? Any chance they'll have some more surprises in store during TGS? I'd definitely be up for a tweaked / partly re-invented Sagat.

Ono drank a beer with a tiger on it and everyone lost their shit.

Anyway, there's another SFV panel today that seemed to be more suited for news than the tournament so maybe there's something. I believe we already have a release date for everything promised this year except Extra Battle.

Fitts

Haven't played SFV in a while, but itching to jump back in after playing a bunch of Super SFII at a party last night. Some good timing on this new content.

Neoxon

Hope they don't want money for stage transitions.

And wow are they finally fixing the input lag on fightsticks? Sounds awesome.
They would have mentioned it if they did.

That said, I hope Capcom focuses on QoL updates until the Capcom Cup wraps up & Season 2 starts.

"Colors 3-10 for Season Pass holders

Colors 3-10 on default, and battle costumes for all confirmed DLC characters will now be included for all Season Pass holders."

All confirmed DLC characters? I don't wanna read into it too much, but interesting choice of words.
Nice catch, though they may be referring to the Season 2 crew as the unconfirmed ones for all we know.

pizzacat

Banned
You say those characters and I'm like wow Sagats prolly going to suck in this game. :( they shouldn't change him

Sounds like a great update, I want to get back to playing this again...will try to buy it on the PC, hopefully my computer can handle it.

Neoxon

If you look closely at the daily challenges you can see the amount time each challenge can take and how much Fight Money it will give you:

ccBHT21.png
I'm guessing the higher-paying Daily Targets will be harder to do. Honestly, I could use the challenge.

Really happy they are improving the game, maybe I'll jump back in to. SF deserves it, it's one of the GOAT. It's sad they couldn't ship the product they probably wanted at launch, but it's the reality reflecting the tough financial situation at Capcom.

I think it's more the fact they wanted to hurry it out for the Capcom Pro Tour and the DLC showing the finacials at Capcom.
Honestly they should have waited until 2017 and we had another year of IV because if they released V with what it will have by the end of the year it would have been much more well received and probably sold better even if it still doesn't have Arcade Mode.

HardRojo

I hope they will also implement soon some quick toggles such us:
  • Training mode settings not being reset every time you enter Training Mode. (My biggest gripe with the game so far)
  • Character/Stage theme toggle for online and offline matches.

I hope they will also implement soon some quick toggles such us:
  • Training mode settings not being reset every time you enter Training Mode. (My biggest gripe with the game so far)
  • Character/Stage theme toggle for online and offline matches.
I'm really surprised these 2 haven't been added to the game yet, they seem like relatively easy additions.

A.E Suggs

VERY happy with this update and I can't wait to dive into it with this patch. Capcom have come a long way since February and I hope they keep up the great work going forwards. Also this:

JLeIeTP.png
That looks good, saw it on stream. I hope they release it soon.

Top Bottom