• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SFV's Urien coming 9.23 with dailies and some stage transitions

MrCarter

CshWBDbXYAQrNMX.jpg:large

Wait...did anyone miss this...Fight in a ranked match to earn 1000 Fight Money?! That would be awesome if it implies you get that after every ranked match.

Mechazawa

Wait...did anyone miss this...Fight in a ranked match to earn 1000 Fight Money?! That would be awesome if it implies you get that after every ranked match.

It's specifically under daily targets, so they're probably just using it as an example of dailies.

farisr

That's not what it's implying at all. Once you've done it once, you've completed the challenge.

However, something simple like that giving a 1000FM daily would be great. It rewards players who keep on coming back to the game. And that reward is basically 30k per month.

pizzacat

Banned
👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

MrCarter

That's not what it's implying at all. Once you've done it once, you've completed the challenge.

However, something simple like that giving a 1000FM daily would be great. It rewards players who keep on coming back to the game. And that reward is basically 30k per month.

True. I'm sure we'll get more details soon but I must say it's looking great so far.

Blueblur1

I noticed this at the end of the blog post:

We’ll have more information to share soon, so be sure to follow us on facebook and twitter for all things Street Fighter V.

I wonder if they have more to show during tomorrow's SFV TGS stage show? (Yes, there's another one.)

I doubt anyone's going to be able to get that much FM from a single day of dailies.

Are you doubtful because you think the challenges will be too hard to get that much or if you think they won't offer that much?
If the latter, then you should really try to actually read the post even though we know you love to complain about this game.

Ashtar

That is the name of the new single player mode for Killer Instinct.

This update is very good and will get me back in the game. I'm most excited that this wraps up all the already promised content, and hopefully they can start tackling other stuff.
Oh wow cool! I wanted to get into ki but man I can't play 6 button fighters on these modern controllers and Im too garbage to justify a fight stick

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Are they patching in DirectInput as well? :|

Edit: Nope. Well, seems PC version still not be used by most people then.

MrCarter

If you look closely at the daily challenges you can see the amount time each challenge can take and how much Fight Money it will give you:

ccBHT21.png

Card Boy

Banned
If you look closely at the daily challenges you can see the amount time each challenge can take and how much Fight Money it will give you:

ccBHT21.png

The image also implies you can have challenges stacked up (like Hearthstone).

edit: or do you have to choose?

Lol I never heard of shadow lords and a quick Google search brings up lord of shadow somehow I doubt a game that doesn't even out rank a bomb from 3 years ago I doubt will impact sfv
Yeah, sorry, I should have been more specific. I see other people have clarified what I meant already, so I'll just say the beta for Shadow Lords is really cool. It's like Alpha 3's World Tour but taken much, much further. It actually reminds me most of board games like Pandemic, just mixed in with Killer Instinct and its pretty damn good AI.

Definitely recommend you give it a try if your controller situation improves.
Even as someone who plays KI i forgot that this even comes out. Sorry but most wont.
Ignoring the fact that I never claimed this would be a problem for most people, it's not like so many people are playing SF5 either. This update -- while sounding great, again -- won't significantly change that.

(And in terms of player numbers KI is a significantly more successful fighting game anyway.)

cheesekao

Ignoring the fact that I never claimed this would be a problem for most people, it's not like so many people are playing SF5 either. This update -- while sounding great, again -- won't significantly change that.

(And in terms of player numbers KI is a significantly more successful fighting game anyway.)
What's your source on this?

farisr

Oh I really hope you don't have to individually activate every challenge and tackle only one at a time.

And looking at that as an example, that's about 6600-6700 per week. Hopefully they set it so it works out to at least 1000FM per day (if you complete everything) when you average things out.

Aenima

I wouldn't call 85k, 85k, 40k and 40k cheap

So DLC costumes still don't come with all the Colors.
Yes the dlc costumes (aka premium), come with all colors.

the 40k FM there is for the costumes (non premium) of the DLC characters. The main costume + story costume colors.

Neoxon

This sounds like a solid-ass update. The color packs are a bit expensive, but whatever.

I'm guessing that the new Nostalgic costumes & the Thailand stage will be shown later during TGS.

Here's a prayer that the Thailand stage signals the return of Adon, or a completely new character. Lord knows Sagat needs to be dead and whomever this character is should have his head.

Top Bottom