• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Prime (Included with Amazon Prime)

Armaly

Link

Landing page wario64 tweeted: https://twitch.amazon.com/prime

What is Twitch Prime?

Here it is: Twitch Prime is a new premium experience on Twitch that is included with Amazon Prime. As a Twitch Prime member, you get free game loot every month, like instant access to the newest Hearthstone hero, Tyrande Whisperwind, or the new indie game, Streamline. You also receive discounts on new-release box games sold by Amazon during the pre-order period and for the first two weeks after launch. And on Twitch, once you link your Amazon Prime account to your Twitch account, you get an ad-free viewing experience, exclusive emotes and chat badge, and one free channel subscription every 30 days. When Twitch Prime members use their free channel subscription every month, the streamer gets paid just like any other subscription, so this introduces a new way to help support the streamers you love, even if you’ve never subscribed before. Or, you can just use it for crashing subscriber-only chat rooms. Your choice, boss! :)

Q. How much does Twitch Prime cost?

A. Twitch Prime is included with Amazon Prime. Amazon Prime starts with free 30-day trial, then:

US: $10.99/month or $99/year
Canada: CDN$ 79.00/year
UK: £7.99/month.
Germany: EUR 49,00/year
France: EUR 49,00/year
Italy: EUR 19,99/year
Spain: EUR 19,95/year

Q. If you have Amazon Prime already, what happens?

A. If you already subscribe to Amazon Prime, you can get Twitch Prime instantly for no additional cost by linking your accounts at twitchprime.com.

JustinBB7

Don't have amazon in holland so can't even use it.

What's up with these prices anyway??

Why is it so much more for Germany and France anyway??

Jigolo

Heh reminds me of google play music which gets you no ads on YouTube. Awesome

amazon prime is sounding amazing right now. 2 day shipping moves music no ads on twitch 1 free sub

blamite

this is actually super legit. almost as good as finally getting the HTML5 player.

anyone know if the Amazon discounts are anything different from what Amazon Prime already has for preorder discounts? I'd assume it's the same thing but...?

If I sub to someone using this, will it auto-renew and charge me? Or does it just end after 30 days? How does that work?

It seems like the free subscription with Prime expires after 30 days, and doesn't convert into a paying subscription. Instead, you just have to manually re-subscribe. Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong.

oti

Banned

Do Italy and Spain get Amazon Prime Video and Music? I don't know, that would explain the price difference though.

Kyne

this is really cool.

Goth (Destiny streamer) breaking down because he just got hundreds of subs.

This is a cool way to support the streamers.

sikkinixx

Eh..... what the fuck is this?

They probably get less services included with Prime?

It's cheaper here in Canada than the US but Americans get a shit load more services than we do. Canada gets 2-day shipping (Sameday in YVR/YYZ), photo uploads, and just today 20% off pre-orders and now this.

Phamit

Probably because they have more services in Germany and France

My Amazon Prime got way better. All Amazon has to do now is make a real Prime Video Android TV app and they'll be A++.

Or they just need to make Prime Video able to cast to a Chromecast. I get that they don't because they want people to buy Fire TVs, but still, it's stupid.

Genuinely shocked Canada gets this too

They also recently added the 20% off game preorders to Canada Prime accounts

Finally getting some love. Now if they could find a way to bring Prime video/music!

Ferrio

Banned
This seems like a no brainer if you use twitch. Went to go sign up with Amazon Prime... turns out I've had a year membership.....when did I do that?!

edit: Anyone not at twitch con getting a crap ton of subs right now lol.

found this in the FAQ

Note: Prime channel subscriptions do not auto-renew, therefore you must redeem your Twitch Prime free subscription every 30-days when you receive it to remain subscribed with one specific channel.

Alucrid

Banned
smite code for ymir boss skin whatever the fuck that is

lol

overwatch paladins code for something bomb skin thing

clone

Justinh

This was a nice surprise. I've been a Prime member since like... 2010. It'd take some drastic readjusting to not having prime anymore for me (I buy everything not food online). I wonder if it'd be a problem to give away that loot to GAF, since I'm not interested in that kind of stuff.

Niiiice.. guys which are the games/channels you usually watch on twitch??
I'm following/subscribed(if available) to Previously_recorded LIve, SiftdGames, and TotalBiscuit. I used to watch LevelupLive and KillerInstinct by my twitch viewing has gone way down lately. I used to just veg out all night and do nothing all day. I just felt really lazy. (I guess you could say I was too lazy to drive to the store, lol... I spend on average less than 10 dollars on gas a month)

Top Bottom